• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ya know I always heard rumors of animals in our real world existing in the world of Pokemon. I guess that's where it comes from this whole USA, India and Guyana thing comes from...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh yeah that was thing in the first season of the Anime right?
Straight from the games, actually. One of the journals in the Cinnabar Mansion mentions that Mew was discovered in Guyana.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Straight from the games, actually. One of the journals in the Cinnabar Mansion mentions that Mew was discovered in Guyana.
It's really funny to go back to original Pokemon media before Gamefreak had a grasp on how they wanted this world to be.

One of my favorite examples.
hqdefault (1).jpg

What kinda Pokemon are these?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Basically the way I see it is that real life things/places exist in the Pokémon world until something equivalent replaces it. Like how recent games say Lt. Surge is Unovan instead of American.

So until we get a region based on South America I say Mewtwo should count as Guyanan. :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ya know I always heard rumors of animals in our real world existing in the world of Pokemon. I guess that's where it comes from this whole USA, India and Guyana thing comes from...
I'm pretty sure the very early anime (up to around the First Movie) has generic fish in it here and there.

Eventually, The Pokémon Company decided to phase out all references to the real world, though it's worth noting that not only does Cinnabar Island directly name Guyana, and some Pokédex entries reference African Elephants as a metric; the Space Shuttle in the Pewter Museum was originally the Space Shuttle Columbia (removed in FRLG for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who knows what happened to the Columbia).

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So if all the Pokemon regions exist in our world. Where exactly are they located then?
Simple.

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are all regions in Japan. So they're where Japan would be on the globe.
Unova is North America, with elements of New York specifically. So put Unova where America would be.
Kalos is France, put Kalos where France would be.
Alola=Hawaii, so it's where Hawaii is on the globe.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So if all the Pokemon regions exist in our world. Where exactly are they located then?
All of the Pokémon regions are based off of real world places.

Kanto, Johto and Hoenn are based off of Japan
Kalos is based off of France
Alola is based off of Hawaii
I don’t remember what Sinnoh and Unova are based off of

:ultgreninja:‘d by the true Pokémon expert Noipoi Noipoi

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Pokémon - Real World
Digimon - Digital World

But! All Digimon can travel to the Real World.

And Porygon can go to the Digital World. Just Porygon.

Digimon > Pokémon

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's really funny to go back to original Pokemon media before Gamefreak had a grasp on how they wanted this world to be.

One of my favorite examples.
View attachment 184808
What kinda Pokemon are these?
What kind of Pokémon are you?
How do you do the things you do?
Share with me your secrets deep inside.

These are obviously pre-alpha designs for Remoraid and Manbo1. :p

(Fun Fact: Had Manbo1 actually made it to the final design stages, that wouldn't have been it's name; "[Concept]#" is how the Pokémon Company names Pokémon when designing them; an example is "Dragon4" that appeared in the concepts for Capsule Monsters).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pokémon - Real World
Digimon - Digital World

But! All Digimon can travel to the Real World.

And Porygon can go to the Digital World. Just Porygon.

Digimon > Pokémon
I know user awards were a thing last night, but you should get the "Best Mental Gymnastic" award.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
God how I wish Ayumi would be in Smash.
What would her moveset be? I played the second game (the only one that was in English to my knowledge) and she was just a run of the mill teenaged girl with a strong sense of justice. I saw literally nothing in her character that could be feasibly made into a moveset.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What would her moveset be? I played the second game (the only one that was in English to my knowledge) and she was just a run of the mill teenaged girl with a strong sense of justice. I saw literally nothing in her character that could be feasibly made into a moveset.
and yet phoenix wright, the gender swap equivalent but legal, had a whole moveset in MvC and you don't question it whatsoever

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dude if Sakurai can pull off a moveset for :ultfalcon::ultduckhunt::ultpiranha::ultrob:then I'm pretty certain Ayumi won't be any issue.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Back in Melee, Sakurai would have come up with something.

Using the most deadly of weapons, a school bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom