• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Now I’m curious. I don’t really play Visual Novels. What characters from that game type could work in Smash?
Well first and foremost Shirou.

... but no one likes him, so we'll go with Saber.

Also Phoenix Wright if you're not a degenerate weeb like me.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
- american
Y'know this got me thinking of how many characters in Smash are American.

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultdoc::ultlittlemac::ultken::ultsnake:

We got 6 American characters in Smash. Which means about 8.5% of the roster is represented by America.

And well :ultdarksamus:who's the only character to be created by an American despite not actually being one.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

We got 6 American characters in Smash. Which means about 8.5% of the roster is represented by America.

And well :ultdarksamus:who's the only character to be created by an American despite not actually being one.
I thought the Mario Bros. lived in the Mushroom kingdom...
unless you're talking about movie Mario/Luigi.

D

Deleted member

Americans are the most oppresed group of them all.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ehh...my understanding of the Mario lore is that Mario & Luigi lived in the US but got transported to the Mushroom Kingdom or something right?

I dunno where I read that lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Could we count :ultsamus:/:ultzss:, :ultwario:, and :ultinkling: count as Americans?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Mario and Luigi are definitely Italian though...maybe they live in America, but those thick accents, they were born in Italy.

D

Deleted member

Ehh...my understanding of the Mario lore is that Mario & Luigi lived in the US but got transported to the Mushroom Kingdom or something right?

I dunno where I read that lol.
Please, anything but Mario lore discussion, anything, I beg you.
Let's talk about how big Ridley is or how Incineroar is leak bait instead.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wario maybe but why Samus and Inklings?
Inklings cause I assume some live in America and others in Japan (unless both places were fused together), and something about Samus makes it seem like she’s an American to me

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Please, anything but Mario lore discussion, anything, I beg you.
Let's talk about how big Ridley is or how Incineroar is leak bait instead.
Uhh...okay I guess lol. Didn't know Mario lore was a taboo subject.

Yes Incineroar is leak bait indeed. The Incineroar you see in game is just an illusion for the Grinch Leak characters who will make their grand debut at 12:00AM New Year's Day (EST mind you).

You heard this from Ura Ura first.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Uhh...okay I guess lol. Didn't know Mario lore was a taboo subject.

Yes Incineroar is leak bait indeed. The Incineroar you see in game is just an illusion for the Grinch Leak characters who will make their grand debut at 12:00AM New Year's Day (EST mind you).

You heard this from Ura Ura first.
Don't give in. Talk about Mario lore to your hearts content. Like, the Koopalings are Bowser's kids, that's a fact, and Miyamoto can fight me.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Inklings cause I assume some live in America and others in Japan (unless both places were fused together), and something about Samus makes it seem like she’s an American to me
Samus could be any kind of European for all we know lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You can be dual citizens of two countries simultaneously. Mario and Luigi in the actual Mario canon are born from Brooklyn, making them [what do you call them]-American.

Kind of like how Elon Musk is actually African American.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There is no canon to Mario tho. Didn't Miyamoto state the characters are basically just actors hence all these different stories and sports spin-offs?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You can be dual citizens of two countries simultaneously. Mario and Luigi in the actual Mario canon are born from Brooklyn, making them [what do you call them]-American.

Kind of like how Elon Musk is actually African American.
I THOUGHT MARIO WAS DROPPED FROM A ****ING STORK

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Don't give in. Talk about Mario lore to your hearts content. Like, the Koopalings are Bowser's kids, that's a fact, and Miyamoto can fight me.
Miyamoto doesn’t even care about story. He actively removes it from games, Mario especially. In my opinion he gets no right to decide on Mario lore when he cares about it 0.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
She's not even from Earth, she was born on a space colony. :drflip:
IIRC Earth does exist in the Metroid universe tho it doesn't get introduced until Other M I think. Samus and her family could have originated from there.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Miyamoto doesn’t even care about story. He actively removes it from games, Mario especially. In my opinion he gets no right to decide on Mario lore when he cares about it 0.
Yeah, he did some amazing things, but the guy is seriously out of touch now. New Super Mario Bros U (can't believe that's actually the name), Star Fox Zero, etc.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well Samus being a human (Now infused with alien DNA) has to have nationality descent from her ancestors. The only question is what is it? I'd presume either American or European.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Everything is a flowchart if you write down each step
See quote of my post > write disputably witty reply

In Splatoon, this isn’t Pikmin 3, I don’t think there would’ve been *that* much continental drift. The lore mentions the Inklings and Octarians going to war over rising water levels, so it’s doubtful there would be a land bridge at that time.

(Although, now that I think about it, some American Pikmin probably exist. Actually, furthermore, any Pikmin that Olimar pulls on a stage in Smash that’s in America would be American as they’re born right there. Is Boxing Ring the only American stage in Smash, not counting New Donk City Hall / 75M which aren’t actually in America?)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Does that make Luke Skywalker American then?
The difference is earth is a thing in the Metroid series. In Star Wars it doesn't exist since that's its own setting like Lord of the Rings, Naruto, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Zelda, etc.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
The difference is earth is a thing in the Metroid series. In Star Wars it doesn't exist since that's its own setting like Lord of the Rings, Naruto, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Zelda, etc.
I’m pretty sure Earth does exist in Star Wars, it’s just too far away to be relevant in the slightest, given the “a long time ago in a galaxy far far away” intro, what other reference point would they be referring to?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m pretty sure Earth does exist in Star Wars, it’s just too far away to be relevant in the slightest, given the “a long time ago in a galaxy far far away” intro, what other reference point would they be referring to?
Thus the so called humans in Star Wars aren't humans but rather aliens like the rest only they look like ourselves if that's the case. You know similar to kryptonians.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We can also talk about how Erdrick is becoming the next Incineroar in terms of leaks.
To be fair, there is a bit more reason to believe Erdrick could be that than Incineroar. Verge and Hitagi have been getting some things wrong about DLC which makes some people believe that their sources for DLC aren't accurate.

A character from SE is almost set in stone tho.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
why is partner pikachu spirit way better than pikachu's actual fighter spirit

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so do you think the mario bros were born with the hat on

Status