• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Don’t expect Eggman bringing a new Sonic remix.

The only one we got comes from Brawl.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
And I'm just sitting here imagining Tails as part of the DLC pack bringing an Eggman stage boss on an urban stage so we can put all of those rock-y Sonic songs on an appropriate non-GHZ stage...

Speaking of, what's the consensus on getting DLC modes? Like the return of Home Run Contest? Or Targets? Or possibly a Boss Rush. I'd love if they threw in some new bosses like Eggman - maybe resurrect Rayquaza/Porky/Master XXX - and that'd be loads of fun.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I had an idea where Eggman would fight on foot but had access to a mini Eggmobile floating at the end of his arm that summoned parts of his machines for him to fight with. This was because I thought Eggman would be too large in his mech/regular Eggmobile.

I adapted this idea into a concept I had for a Sonic fighting game called Sonic Clash. The idea would be justified for story reasons, it’s a more traditional style of fighting game which I know is overdone but I always thought Sonic would fit that type of game. Is there anywhere on this site I could talk about those ideas? (Also the mini Eggmobile would be connected to Boom Eggman’s wrist controller that mainline Eggman stole from him, again for story reasons.)

Don’t expect Eggman bringing a new Sonic remix.

The only one we got comes from Brawl.
He could make up for it by bringing in a lot more varied Sonic music like boss music and his own themes...

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
And I'm just sitting here imagining Tails as part of the DLC pack bringing an Eggman stage boss on an urban stage so we can put all of those rock-y Sonic songs on an appropriate non-GHZ stage...

Speaking of, what's the consensus on getting DLC modes? Like the return of Home Run Contest? Or Targets? Or possibly a Boss Rush. I'd love if they threw in some new bosses like Eggman - maybe resurrect Rayquaza/Porky/Master XXX - and that'd be loads of fun.
It's not happening.
There's zero plans to do anything with the DLC.

D

Deleted member

All this Sonic talk is making me miss the Chao Gardens from Adventure 2 damn that was fun.
aa1.gif

This is top quality taste right here, folks. This one gets it.

Chaos were the best dang thing ever and I want an entire game about them.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hey y'all, a bit off topic, but I am having the hardest time with my joycons. My left analog stick is drifting, and I can't pushing down doesn't always work. I've had it for over a year so repair isn't under warranty.

I'm getting a Nintendo pro controller on Thursday which is good but does anyone know good fixes to the issue of the analog sticks on the joycons? I don't wanna spend $40 for Nintendo to probably only fix debris from my controller.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689

Don't you already have your own moveset for Agumon? I would think so since you're by far the biggest supporter of him.
It would be a rather slick trolling move by Sakurai to announce he will add one anime character. People hype it up for Goku and release Ag

2 improved so much compared 1 on the concept I like the three realms you have Neutral, Evil, and Good. Sonic Adventure was a highly underrated series with a lot of fun details like Chao.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
Hey y'all, a bit off topic, but I am having the hardest time with my joycons. My left analog stick is drifting, and I can't pushing down doesn't always work. I've had it for over a year so repair isn't under warranty.

I'm getting a Nintendo pro controller on Thursday which is good but does anyone know good fixes to the issue of the analog sticks on the joycons? I don't wanna spend $40 for Nintendo to probably only fix debris from my controller.
At the point just put towards a trade for another joycon. You can still get a hefty help towards a new with it. I did it a couple times and only payed a few bucks for a new one.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It would be a rather slick trolling move by Sakurai to announce he will add one anime character. People hype it up for Goku and release Ag
Agumon is a game character, as much as Pikachu is...
He may have notability in the anime realm, but he started in a video game

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Eggman using just the Wrecking Ball would be boring.

Mix it with other stuff for once.
Okay, how's this? There are three phases.

Start with the Wrecking Ball boss from Sonic 1.
After that phase, he changes to the Death Egg Robot.
When that phase is done, Eggman brings out Big Arms.

Represent all the classic Sonic games in one boss.
...Pretty sure I did that a month ago.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Agumon is a game character, as much as Pikachu is...
He may have notability in the anime realm, but he started in a video game
i mean like, i guess? tamagatchi games are a bit different than actual games, but i guess you can still call them video games???

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Are there any bosses you guys think would’ve been cool to have in?

A couple I can think of are:
Metroid: Mother Brain (Super Metroid) or Nightmare
Starfox: Andross
Pokémon: Rayquaza, Giratina or Necrozma
From the way I see it, every boss in Smash Ultimate is functionally different - each one has something that makes it unique. (I am not including the WoL Final Bosses here.)

Giga Bowser - Your standard big dude with a big hitbox.
Marx - Teleports around, and has by far the smallest boss hitbox and the most projectiles.
Dracula - Has multiple phases.
Galleom - Most melee range of the normal bosses, and is also a robot.
Master Hand & Crazy Hand - Only duo boss.
Rathalos - Flies into out of the background, and is the most "animalistic" boss.
Ganon - Has a specific weak point the entire fight.

Keeping this in mind, I propose a couple more bosses, which would go as follows:

Perfect Chaos (Sonic) - Would have a large horizontal arena, with it being stationary on the end. The arena would be flooded with water that essentially acts like lava, with broken bits of road and buildings act as platforms. Attacks with its laser, tentacles, large waves, and chunks of debris. They would be able to destroy some of the platforms of the arena, making the fight more hazardous as it goes on for longer, just like the actual fight (the longer you take, the more likely you are to run out of rings). Also Eggman should be playable anyways, so give the boss slot to Sonic's 2nd-most well known Final Boss.

Kasa's Ditto/3 Legendary Dogs (Pokémon Ranger) - This fight would play as if the background was a capture attempt, meaning the current form would dash across, doing their various attacks from the game. See footage of the actual fight to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. This would be the only boss fight with 3 forms, changing phases at 99%, 66%, and 33% health.

Dinomaton (Fossil Fighters) - It's a robot dinosaur with hands like Zant. Have 3 of them in reference to a certain fight in the original game. I like the idea of bosses from series which don't have fighters.

Dark Souls Boss - I don't really know that much about Dark Souls in terms of specifics, but it feels like a series that very much should at least have a boss, if not necessarily a fighter.

Negative Man (Mother) - Porky with the Devil's Machine as a final smash should be a fighter, so give Mother the Obligatory Joke Boss (perfect for the series that's always been pretty tongue-in-cheek).

Andross - The assist trophy is still his original appearance, make the boss be the one from Star Fox 64. Have them always be in the background, but he'll partially come into the foreground after certain attacks, giving the player their opportunity to strike.

Also all of the stage bosses should be upgraded to full bosses, please and thank you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I started using amiibo. The first one I'm training is Ridley. He's green, and I nicknamed him "The Grinch".

So far, he likes to spam Fair, and hop around avoiding things. He occasionally Side-Bs. Weirdest thing, though? He seems to be afraid of Inklings; Whenever I play as them against him, he runs away and barely attacks the whole match. He doesn't do that against my Ridley or K. Rool, but he does with Inkling. I wonder why?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think the reaction to Ryu, Cloud, and to a lesser extent Bayonetta for Wii U is why I'm thinking all the DLC characters will be 3rd party. Of all the new characters Corrin was the one that received the most backlash and I think that might be what sways Nintendo's decision towards 3rd parties this time around.

For the record I'm not talking competitive backlash because we all know that would go to Bayonetta. I'm talking in terms of the characters chosen.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I wish Ganondorf's F-Smash was him throwing out the sword and it spinning forward and back to his hand.
That would've been a really cool reference to old-school Ganon.
On the upside, Rex/Pyra have this exact move.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Electronic Toys were literally video games in these cases. It was about marketability. They couldn't market them as video games due to the culture nearly as easy.

There's a difference between a toy that moves around and what is literally a game screen that had a character on it you could move around with controls. One sounds like an actual toy. The other sounds like a literal video game. Hell, Pachinko Machines and Pinball Machines are far less of a video game than something like Tamagotchi was, and they're by all means video games too. Just like Arcade Games are definitely video games.

Graizen

Smash Champion

2 improved so much compared 1 on the concept I like the three realms you have Neutral, Evil, and Good. Sonic Adventure was a highly underrated series with a lot of fun details like Chao.
Agumon is not a Anime character.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I propose Akuma as a boss. Do well enough in a Classic mode, he comes outta nowhere, kills the boss and you fight him

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This would never happen but a boss fight idea I had for Cynthia was actually against Steven, battling his Skarmory, Aggron, and Mega-Evolved Metagross. And yes this was completely inspired by the kickass remix they have of his theme.

The only other boss I had for her was Giratina.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom