• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Could we count :ultsamus:/:ultzss:, :ultwario:, and :ultinkling: count as Americans?
With the latter no. Inklings aren't even humans but sapient species that evolved from squids that took over our niche once we went extinct due to climate change.

Samus is up for debate though. Based on her Caucasian appearance I'd say she's either American or European descent from her earth ancestors.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
With the latter no. Inklings aren't even humans but sapient species that evolved from squids that took over our niche one we went extinct due to climate change.
I mean if that’s where they’re from, I don’t think not being human would prevent them from being Americans...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Obviously.

It was an...interesting birthing process.
so when bowser chopped up mario's hat to dust you're saying bowser murdered mario's parasitic quadruplet twin that wasn't luigi

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean if that’s where they’re from, I don’t think not being human would prevent them from being Americans...
Chances are all the countries in the world of Splatoon no longer exists. They probably founded new countries once Inkling civilization began to rise.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Does America even exist in Splatoon's universe? The great turf war started because heightened sea levels equal less land, meaning the Inklings and Octarians/Octolings fought over the remaining land. Inkopolis Square/Plaza resembles Japan, so I think it's supposed to be Japan in the future. Who knows how the other continents are doing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Does America even exist in Splatoon's universe? The great turf war started because heightened sea levels equal less land, meaning the Inklings and Octarians/Octolings fought over the remaining land. Inkopolis Square/Plaza resembles Japan, so I think it's supposed to be Japan in the future. Who knows how the other continents are doing.
So you're saying Antarctica started it by melting? Because people do live there.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As said chances are no as with all our existing countries. More likely then not the moment Inklings came into existence they began forming their own countries replacing all those borders.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Because people do live there.
Not any more. And yes, Antarctica started it. But humans set it into motion.

As said chances are no as with all our existing countries. More likely then not the moment Inklings came into existence they began forming their own countries replacing all those borders.
Good point.

Last edited:

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
All this street fighter talk made me want to play it. I have Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Needless to say it’s round 40 on DeeJay! I’m using Cammy. Jesus Christ this would have made me rage at arcades lol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Since :ultmario::ultdoc::ultluigi: have contradicting info, we can't prove the 100% certified American, only the Italian part.

So the final certified proven American list is :ultken::ultsnake::ultfalcon:

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
so when bowser chopped up mario's hat to dust you're saying bowser murdered mario's parasitic quadruplet twin that wasn't luigi
Technically I wouldn’t say parasitic if the hat isn’t harming him, it’d probably be more of a neutralistic or in the case of 64/Sunshine commenstalitic since it helps protects Mario.

Inb4 I’m shunned for my know-it-all behavior.

Chances are all the countries in the world of Splatoon no longer exists. They probably founded new countries once Inkling civilization began to rise.
88184673-B037-45A2-BBBC-AA193773A578.jpeg

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Ehh...my understanding of the Mario lore is that Mario & Luigi lived in the US but got transported to the Mushroom Kingdom or something right?

I dunno where I read that lol.
you need to catch up on the mario lore my dude

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since :ultmario::ultdoc::ultluigi: have contradicting info, we can't prove the 100% certified American, only the Italian part.

So the final certified proven American list is :ultken::ultsnake::ultfalcon:
You forgot Little Mac.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
American::ultfalcon::ultdoc::ultlittlemac::ultluigi::ultmario::ultken:
European::ultsimon::ultrichter:
Japanese::ultryu::ultsnake:
Other (Nationality unknown)::ultlucas::ultness::ultsamus:/:ultzss:
okay hold up i just made my list
why the **** is snake now a man of the east
we just agreed the bros.' nationality that isn't italian isn't 100% solid

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Now I’m curious. I don’t really play Visual Novels. What characters from that game type could work in Smash?
Basically these:
Phoenix Wright
Saber
Arcueid
Danganroanpfavd bear or whatever their name is

I'm sure there is more but I don't really care about anyone else
Out of all of them, Arcueid's essentially my pipe dream choice. She'd be the first vampire fighter in Smash, and she'd be a Foil to Wolf for numerous reasons. The only thing they share in common is how they fight up close, though Arcueid would use her chains as a substitute for Wolf's gun if it needs to come down to that.
__arcueid_brunestud_tsukihime_drawn_by_takeuchi_takashi__646a3fb17b1a69d48d73579dcd7eaed8.jpg

Some gameplay snippets:

We'd also get to hear awesome music like these:

The only reason I don't campaign for Arcueid in Smash is because her chances are virtually null. She's one of those characters who's not unviable, but Saber (Artoria) exists and comes from a franchise which pretty much kicked up Type-Moon to as close to mainstream popularity as a visual novel company can get. Maybe if she got a Fate Grand Order appearance much sooner with heavy advertising, but alas, that's not the case.

It's a shame too, because unlike Saber, she's pretty much completely unique within the context of the Nasuverse, not based on any Public Domain character or anything. Even her fighting style, as similar as it kinda is to Wolf, would still make her leagues more refreshing than Saber herself, who is still a sworduser at the end of the day. That being said, I still want Saber because I really like her regardless.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
literally only one visual novel character is even ever going to be considered for smash bros and its a first party one from the 80s

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Depending on how you interpret the cloning and what constitutes nationality, you can make a case for :ultmewtwo: being Guyanan.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Apologies I recalled he was Japanese. Fixing now.
Vulcan Raven claims Snake has "the blood of the Orient" or something to that effect.

And until MGS4 retconned it to be EVA (who is Chinese), the woman who gave birth to him (I'd say "Surrogate Mother", but that has multiple meanings) was, in fact, Japanese; though I don't think this woman was ever named.

"Oriental" literally just means "Eastern", and can mean "Japanese" in certain contexts (it's opposite, for the record, is "Occidental").

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Vulcan Raven claims Snake has "the blood of the Orient" or something to that effect.

And until MGS4 retconned it to be EVA (who is Chinese), the woman who gave birth to him (I'd say "Surrogate Mother", but that has multiple meanings) was, in fact, Japanese; though I don't think this woman was ever named.

"Oriental" literally just means "Eastern", and can mean "Japanese" in certain contexts (it's opposite, for the record, is "Occidental").
So...What would Snake be then? American or Japanese?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom