• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Man I've been hearing 2B just about everywhere on the internet. More of the reason to check out her game being the media buff I am and liking to check out new franchises whether playing or watching them.
While apparently easy, it seems like Nier is great in regards to the gameplay mechanics, the characters and the many endings.

Overall, a game that is good to replay many times.

Meta Knight as a confusing but fitting pick.
That would be cool too.

Could include a cool moveset too.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I guess I got all the music and mii costumes in the smash shop cause I’ve had the exact same items for 3 days straight,

D

Deleted member

How to make a good DK game in 3D.

>Take something similar to DK64
>Change characters just by using the game menu

Done.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Smash 4’s FD, anyone else think this song would’ve fit that version? I think it fits the timing of the background pretty well

It kind of does, yeah.

They wouldn’t be able to do an identical song, doh.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Tangentially related, but I'm really disappointed that 2B's theme is a remix of City Ruins and not Song of Ancients.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Who would you pick as a Nintendo exclusive rep for a Soul Calibur game on Switch?

I would go with either Shulk or Takamaru.
Elderly Impa. Soul Calibur needs older women in it. Period.

We have few cane users, anyway. And yes, I think she'd be badass as a fighter if done right.

D

Deleted member

Elderly Impa. Soul Calibur needs older women in it. Period.

We have few cane users, anyway. And yes, I think she'd be badass as a fighter if done right.
I like the idea.

And what gimmick could the Soul Edge have if it was an item in Smash?

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I like the idea.

And what gimmick could the Soul Edge have if it was an item in Smash?
Whoever picks it up slowly becomes corrupted by its influence. You gain more launching/killing power on everything at your disposal, but carry it around for too long and you lose control of your own character until your stock drops. You can only get rid of it manually through the grab/throw, but not before it's too late.

Likewise, picking up the Soul Calibur would do something similar, except you gain more hit-stun instead of launch power. In exchange, the item also possesses you and turns you into its vessel, so it's a subversion to corruption. You get rid of it the same way as with Soul Edge.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
... Fine.

>The artstyle is extremely different from the two games before (and don’t bring up Wind Waker, because the Zelda franchise was known already for the different art styles in each game).
>It looks and feels like a mobile game.
>They take too many visual keys from the MCU (Earth-199999 if you want to be more specific).
>Thanos as the main villain feels like a cash-in on the MCU, and Kang or The Beyonder would have been better picks for the main villain.
>There doesn’t seem to be alternate costumes.
>There wasn’t any reason to make it Switch-exclusive (Spider-Man was probably forced on PS4 due to the fact that Sony owns the movie rights of the character, as much as i wanted that one on more systems too).
>It seems less inspiring than the first game in terms of development (the latter had most of the voices done by fans, and payed a lot of tribute to many of the comics that most of the Marvel fans loved).
>And finally... The lack of Fantastic Four content in a game series that relies on the celebration of Marvel’s history.
  1. comics change artstyle all the time, so that isn’t a major problem
  2. you haven’t felt it yet
  3. All recent Marvel games have been MCU influenced though (even if it’s minor)
  4. It’s a teaser, so alts are still possible
  5. If Nintendo were the only ones to decided to publish the game, then that’s the only reason needed to be a Switch exclusive (like Bayonetta 2-3...and probably forever, Sonic Colors/Lost World/Generations and Street Fighter V)
  6. still only a teaser and a few pics, so can’t really judge the development fully yet
  7. Fantastic Four are still a possibility. Just because they haven’t been shown in a teaser yet doesn’t mean they won’t be in (remember the Spidey not showing up in MvC3 for months or Yoshi/Falcon not showing up in Smash 4 early)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I thought it'd be Birdo XD
Well, aside from already being a spirit. Would Poochy attract people more than what Craft Yoshi can already do? I know I haven't set that as a rule, but it's what I was aiming to figure.
Btw, similarly to James McCloud, won't Boshi work as a skin.. Mii costumes are too on the way, so maybe. Hey, maybe he'll appear in Craft World :)
Oh, almost forgot. Tell me you're not using Wooly Yoshi Mii costume.. I think it's so cool. I really want to wear a real one X)
It's "Yarn Poochy" that's the spirit, which I find odd that they label that as a variant but that seems to be the case.

And Good Feel does seem like they're trying to deviate from some Yoshi's Island conventions in terms of level structure, so maybe they'll do it with characters too (and get Boshi on board) :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Thoughts on this video?

As a Samus main, i feel like it fits me except for the Zero Suit point.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Bandana Dee for Soul Calibur. :troll:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Thoughts on this video?

Mewtwo sorta fits. I rarely played Project M and I don’t think it’s the greatest. I am pretty silent why I play though.

Besides being cool and having multiple pairs of sunglasses, Ridley fits too. I’m gonna main this Space Pirate regardless of what tier lists say. Destroying everyone? Heh, I’m not that confident but I try my best.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Thoughts on this video?

God dammit he's only gotten to DK and I'm laughing already because he's absolutely right about me shouting "Banana Slamma" whenever I land the charged punch. And I don't even play DK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom