• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
... Fine.

>The artstyle is extremely different from the two games before (and don’t bring up Wind Waker, because the Zelda franchise was known already for the different art styles in each game).
>It looks and feels like a mobile game.
>They take too many visual keys from the MCU (Earth-199999 if you want to be more specific).
>Thanos as the main villain feels like a cash-in on the MCU, and Kang or The Beyonder would have been better picks for the main villain.
>There doesn’t seem to be alternate costumes.
>There wasn’t any reason to make it Switch-exclusive (Spider-Man was probably forced on PS4 due to the fact that Sony owns the movie rights of the character, as much as i wanted that one on more systems too).
>It seems less inspiring than the first game in terms of development (the latter had most of the voices done by fans, and payed a lot of tribute to many of the comics that most of the Marvel fans loved).
>And finally... The lack of Fantastic Four content in a game series that relies on the celebration of Marvel’s history.
I like the MCU......

Plus Thanos is awesome. I haven’t played a lot of the Marvel games but from what I gather he’s not in to many of them. Where as Kang is in almost all of them. The Beyonder could be interesting though.... Until he’s in the MCU and everyby starts hating him.

And you really believe that they showed off all of the characters and story elements in the first trailer? Or has there been some other statement that I’m unaware of.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yoda better get in, with his broken small stature and all...
I remember a person online who justified Pac-Man’s gameplay and appearance in Street Fighter X Tekken just by claiming that without the mech he would be Yoda from Soul Calibur.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Literally get out.
Make me *****
... Fine.

>The artstyle is extremely different from the two games before (and don’t bring up Wind Waker, because the Zelda franchise was known already for the different art styles in each game).
>It looks and feels like a mobile game.
>They take too many visual keys from the MCU (Earth-199999 if you want to be more specific).
>Thanos as the main villain feels like a cash-in on the MCU, and Kang or The Beyonder would have been better picks for the main villain.
>There doesn’t seem to be alternate costumes.
>There wasn’t any reason to make it Switch-exclusive (Spider-Man was probably forced on PS4 due to the fact that Sony owns the movie rights of the character, as much as i wanted that one on more systems too).
>It seems less inspiring than the first game in terms of development (the latter had most of the voices done by fans, and payed a lot of tribute to many of the comics that most of the Marvel fans loved).
>And finally... The lack of Fantastic Four content in a game series that relies on the celebration of Marvel’s history.
I get that you're disappointed but
1: How does it feel like a mobile game? You haven't played it yet and I haven't heard anyone else say that. Graphically, whatever but in terms of gameplay?
2: You only have a single trailer to go off of, there's a thing called "Game development" and "Not wanting to show literally everything off at once" you know
3: From what I hear this is a Bayonetta 2 scenario, the game wouldn't exist if Nintendo didn't step in
4: Again, you have a single trailer to go off of so they couldn't tribute everything or show it all off in a single trailer. Also you actively WANT people with zero experience to do the voice work? You don't even know if the actors are fans or not

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the record, NessIsAChad is permabanned. Meaning we should not talk about the user here. That is all. And yes, we'd appreciate if banned members were removed from these kind of lists since they cannot defend themselves.

D

Deleted member

I like the MCU......

Plus Thanos is awesome. I haven’t played a lot of the Marvel games but from what I gather heonot in to many of them. Where as Kang is in almost all of them. The Beyondef could be interesting though.... Until he’s in the MCU and everyby starts hating him.

And you really believe that they showed off all of the characters and story elements in the first trailer? Or has there been some other statement that I’m unaware of.
I don’t hate Thanos, but i feel like Marvel should give the character a break in other media outside of the MCU until his story is over in the movies.

And the roster is the least important problem for me, because it isn’t clear yet.

But for something like Ultimate Alliance 3, i expected better.

For the record, NessIsAChad is permabanned. Meaning we should not talk about the user here. That is all. And yes, we'd appreciate if banned members were removed from these kind of lists since they cannot defend themselves.
Ok.

I’m not making the list anymore, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Can someone explain the SmashBoard ranks? Like, how do they work? How do you advance?
It's based on posts iirc
I don’t hate Thanos, but i feel like Marvel should give the character a break in other media outside of the MCU until his story is over in the movies.

And the roster is the least important problem for me, because it isn’t clear yet.

But for something like Ultimate Alliance 3, i expected better.
"The roster is the least important problem for me"
"Booooo no Fantastic Four"
Pick one

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
2B or Geralt for Soul Calibur rep you say?
Geralt would be real cool. Especially if you had to change swords to deal more damage depending on whether you were fighting a humanoid character or an animal character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's based on posts iirc

"The roster is the least important problem for me"
"Booooo no Fantastic Four"
Pick one
I pick the first.

Because the lack of Fantastic Four content isn’t a huge deal, since again, the roster hasn’t been decided.

And the fans who voiced the characters in the first game weren’t bad picks, imo (Egoraptor himself voiced Bruce Banner).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I pick the first.

Because the lack of Fantastic Four content isn’t a huge deal, since again, the roster hasn’t been decided.

And the fans who voiced the characters in the first game weren’t bad picks, imo (Egoraptor himself voiced Bruce Banner).
While fans voicing the characters was cool, I don’t think any reasonable person would expect Disney to let that happen again. That’s just not who they are.

D

Deleted member

2B or Geralt for Soul Calibur rep you say?
Given how many things he's showing up in now and how popular The Witcher is now, Geralt wouldn't even surprise me. His canonical issues with portals open up infinite crossover possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

While fans voicing the characters was cool, I don’t think any reasonable person would expect Disney to let that happen again. That’s just not who they are.
Yeah, that could be a reason behind it too.
But at the moment, i feel like they need to improve a lot.

If the game isn’t that far in development, they could have gone with the Metroid Prime 4 or Medievil route (reveal the game and the logo, but nothing else).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I pick the first.

One example doesn't exactly mean it's the standard
Wait, what happened last year?
Last year I summonened a Sheegoth because I didn't hit the top 10 People Who Never Played Smash 64 and some people lost their limbs

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Just putting it out there, I don’t mind if I don’t get nominated. Seeing it is cool and all but it doesn’t really matter if I’m in or not.

D

Deleted member

Given how many things he's showing up in now and how popular The Witcher is now, Geralt wouldn't even surprise me. His canonical issues with portals open up infinite crossover possibilities.
Geralt could be dope, yeah.

He would technically be the first book character in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Could the Soul Edge work as an item in Smash while differing from the other swords in the item selection?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, it's complicated to explain, sorry. Also, I was awarded a trophy. Guess what is it?
Happy Birthday.

Link as a Soulcaliber rep would be pretty cool, but outlandish.
I want to honestly see SC comes to the Nintendo systems again. We only had two for it so far, II and Legends. Legends was okay for what it was. Story wasn't bad, gameplay was eh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So besides Nightmare and Yoshimitsu. Would any other Soulcalibur character be good enough representation. Only others I can think of are Ivy and Siegfried.

D

Deleted member

Happy Birthday.

I want to honestly see SC comes to the Nintendo systems again. We only had two for it so far, II and Legends. Legends was okay for what it was. Story wasn't bad, gameplay was eh.
Who would you pick as a Nintendo exclusive rep for a Soul Calibur game on Switch?

I would go with either Shulk or Takamaru.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Who would you pick as a Nintendo exclusive rep for a Soul Calibur game on Switch?

I would go with either Shulk or Takamaru.
I would probably say either Marth, Ike, Chrom, or Lucina

They seem like the next logical step after Link

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
To fit the fantasy and historic setting either Shulk, Pit, a Fire Emblem character or just Link again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy Birthday.

Tbh, I don't know much about Soulcaliber, I was just doing a funny.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
2B, she'd be cool I suppose, know **** all about her though
Man I've been hearing 2B just about everywhere on the internet. More of the reason to check out her game being the media buff I am and liking to check out new franchises whether playing or watching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom