• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
If that's the case then it'd be my bad. You could've answered though, and also why did you compare it to Ford?

Well anyone expecting people to say and stay perfect can live in that none-existing bubble... where no one else lives.
No one's expecting people to stay perfect.

But there's a difference between "I'm not perfect" and "I'm a raging asshole who hates lgbt and non-Japanese", which he is, so yeah, it's pretty damn clear to see why people wouldn't support a business which has someone like that in a position of power.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So, basically this but with Yoshi.
View attachment 183682

I should draw that...
Thank you.
The Blast-o-Matic is K. Rool's big laser cannon in his Final Smash.

It's also a Spirit, it's worth 10'000 SP and can only be bought in Sheldon's Store.
Ohh! Yeah I saw that.. I didn't buy it cause it was too expensive. SPs are easy to get.. well, somewhat.
What I needed is Skill Spheres (now I recall the name).. and I think that's what you need for 100% completion, not spirits.

Double K

Smash Lord
If that's the case then it'd be my bad. You could've answered though, and also why did you compare it to Ford?

Well anyone expecting people to say and stay perfect can live in that none-existing bubble... where no one else lives.
Ford (As in Ford Engines, not the president) funded a lot of anti-black organizations and was very public about it and in a more minor but annoying thing that people still feel the need to push, in response to Jazz music getting more popular in the US, started to fund schools to push something more "American" in order to push it out of the schools.

And that's why you learn Square Dancing in gym class.

(there is also the thing about him kind of being one of the people responsible for the rise of antisemitism in Germany which lead to Hitler but that's another matter entirely)

Sugiyama's public influence is massive. I'm sure if he wanted to, he could probably get half of Budokan filled up with one of his concerts. His music is also extremely well known, with "Overture" and the Level Up Jingle up there with World 1-1 from Mario, as well as even without Dragon Quest, being one of the most well known composers in his genre over in Japan. He talks and it has wide reach, so people don't want him spreading hate.

It's not about "I don't like Sugiyama, so I won't support Dragon Quest"

It's about "I ****ing hate Sugiyama, please just go away."

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
No one's expecting people to stay perfect.

But there's a difference between "I'm not perfect" and "I'm a raging ******* who hates lgbt and non-Japanese", which he is, so yeah, it's pretty damn clear to see why people wouldn't support a business which has someone like that in a position of power.
Well then don't. By saying that you ARE expecting people to be perfect.
He's not going to change and you're at a choice, make one. simple.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Thank you.

Ohh! Yeah I saw that.. I didn't buy it cause it was too expensive. SPs are easy to get.. well, somewhat.
What I needed is Skill Spheres (now I recall the name).. and I think that's what you need for 100% completion, not spirits.
You can get 100% Completion without all the Skills (source: I did just that)

You get 100% completion by seeing all three endings and beating all the Spirit Battles.

When I said you need that Spirit for 100% completion, I meant it in a more general sense, unrelated to the Adventure Mode.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Ford (As in Ford Engines, not the president) funded a lot of anti-black organizations and was very public about it and in a more minor but annoying thing that people still feel the need to push, in response to Jazz music getting more popular in the US, started to fund schools to push something more "American" in order to push it out of the schools.

And that's why you learn Square Dancing in gym class.

(there is also the thing about him kind of being one of the people responsible for the rise of antisemitism in Germany which lead to Hitler but that's another matter entirely)

Sugiyama's public influence is massive. I'm sure if he wanted to, he could probably get half of Budokan filled up with one of his concerts. His music is also extremely well known, with "Overture" and the Level Up Jingle up there with World 1-1 from Mario, as well as even without Dragon Quest, being one of the most well known composers in his genre over in Japan. He talks and it has wide reach, so people don't want him spreading hate.

It's not about "I don't like Sugiyama, so I won't support Dragon Quest"

It's about "I ****ing hate Sugiyama, please just go away."
Again, that's not a correct comparison. His works aren't life-depending.
Also, don't you think he wants you to go away too and hates you as much. News flash, that's the world, Yin-Yang. The difference is, I don't see him wanting to play your games.
No, I'm expecting people not to be racist. I don't think that requires a lot of effort.
That's again, expecting people to be perfect.
Take the time to debate him if you care that much, instead of going through it in the endless space of the internet.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's nice that you stopped giving a damn even though you indeed look like one. Well, maybe "look like" is a bit much.
I mean, if I had to make a defense in this situation I'd say that Ridley was always a limitation based on how important you deemed his size to be to his character, it was a matter of principle and it feeling right or wrong to you, where as the idea of a playable Metroid Queen is a technical limitation. The Metroid Queen is a quadrupedal fatty monster that takes up way too much horizontal space and is extremely bottom heavy, something as simple as turning would look crazy with it due to its length, worse yet would be stuff like having to hold a ledge.

Ridley at least always had the benefit of having a somewhat humanoid body, he was no doubt difficult to make a reality, but the only people who ever said that he was a technical impossibility were people who lacked imagination and vision (or was just looking for yet another excuse), the main issue was always one of principle, not of animation and gameplay. In principle I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with the Metroid Queen being scaled down, but in execution there are so many issues that would make it impossible, or at least well below the standard we've come to expect from Smash characters. The Metroid Queen isn't the only one that runs into these issues either, I actually saw someone suggest Whispy Woods at one point and saying that all potential issues were fixed because we've seen him walk before, but can you imagine just how much vertical space he'd take up? Not to mention his leaves, like jeez, that'd be some hurtbox.

Basically what I'm saying is there are many ways to be too big, take it from someone who's put way too much thought in it :p. Sorry for the late reply btw, I was heading for bed at the time.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post; flaming
Also, don't you think he wants you to go away too and hates you as much. News flash, that's the world, Yin-Yang. The difference is, I don't see him wanting to play your games.

Take the time to debate him if you care that much, instead of shouting going through it in the endless space of the internet.
Oh, I see.

You're just an edgelord who is being stupid. Got it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm slowly becoming a (Dark) Pit main and I have no idea how to play him.
The power of top tier victory themes makes me stronger.

Shroob

Sup?
User was warned for this post; flaming

Take the time to debate him if you care that much, instead of going through it in the endless space of the internet.
I'm stunned at the stupidity of what I just read.

Two claps my man. Two ****ing claps.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
You can get 100% Completion without all the Skills (source: I did just that)

You get 100% completion by seeing all three endings and beating all the Spirit Battles.

When I said you need that Spirit for 100% completion, I meant it in a more general sense, unrelated to the Adventure Mode.
Ohh! man I thought I'd end it best so I went for the two.. ok then, I'll take on each. Thanks again O/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I suggest we move away from this topic.

We've reached the point where nothing valuable is being said. Just an insult war.

Double K

Smash Lord
Hey, speaking of things that involve racist people that we want in Smash, I've kind of warmed up to the idea of steve being added in. Block setting can result in some cool things and you can probably use Nether Orb or whatever its called, to be a warp-type Recovery, like palutena, shiek, zelda, etc.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just had something hilarious happen.

I was playing the "Pocket Football Player" Spirit in New Game Plus (as Sonic), and got down to the last "player" (read: Tiny Villager). The Villager was on the right of the screen, floating down from being launched previously.

I figured, "hey, why don't I try to hit him with one of the footballs/soccer balls, maybe I'll hit him".

I charge up an F-Smash, hit the ball, and... the ball launches perfectly at the Villager.

...And then Villager pockets the damn ball!

I gotta admit, that got a laugh out of me.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Me: we need to make sure original creations aren't controlled by soulless corporations

Also me: I'm so glad Notch isn't associated with Minecraft anymore

Steve could have a crafting mechanic, where his melee attacks change depending on what weapon he crafted. That already makes him stand out, bad setting blocks down as hazards or extra platforms allows for fun stage control.

Double K

Smash Lord

I was playing the "Pocket Football Player" Spirit in New Game Plus (as Sonic), and got down to the last "player" (read: Tiny Villager). The Villager was on the right of the screen, floating down from being launched previously.

I figured, "hey, why don't I try to hit him with one of the footballs/soccer balls, maybe I'll hit him".

I charge up an F-Smash, hit the ball, and... the ball launches perfectly at the Villager.

Damn those perfect reaction AI!

osby

Smash Obsessed

Why couldn't he do this stuff when Galeem attacked?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Expecting perfection is a huge strawman here.

What could be concluded in a proper way without accusing them is that they expect professional, satisfactory behavior from someone who's supposed to be a representative of something huge and part of the world we live in.

Discrimination is never a healthy business option unless you're smart enough to pick at the minorities that are seen as taboo by society and don't have as much support. But even that can backfire because of empathy and sympathy from fellow humans, cause we are pretty compassionate creatures and can tend to get radical. This would eventually lead to a better life for those kinds of people later on.

Thankfully though? It seems people like to pick fights they can't win. You hate me or soneone I care about because of variables totally out of their control? Then why don't you learn some control and actually think about what you're going to say before you lose lots of respect?

K? We good here?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Anyways, that's the first and last post I'll make on the topic. I apologize. Didn't see the more recent messages until the page refreshed with that message.

Double K

Smash Lord
Me: we need to make sure original creations aren't controlled by soulless corporations

Also me: I'm so glad Notch isn't associated with Minecraft anymore

Steve could have a crafting mechanic, where his melee attacks change depending on what weapon he crafted. That already makes him stand out, bad setting blocks down as hazards or extra platforms allows for fun stage control.
Think it'd be hold B to rotate the tool and it changes the properties of your A-moves?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wanna make an Earthbound animation because i've got the best Ness voice and I wanna use it but I can't frickin animate darn it.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh yeah! Congrats to both ESAM and MVD, otherwise known as Eric and Jesse.

They really are pretty damn good. If they had a Duo tournament, they'd be an absolute unit.

The closest I got was a pic of me and my brother carrying the tree...

I am wearing a Yoshi shirt, but it's underneath a hoodie because it's too ****ing cold in Washington State!!!

:yoshi:
Hey, lookin good Zinith! You look like a real professional with the working gloves and boots! :yoshi:

It's too ****ing cold...
Oh really? :p
But yeah... seriously it's -10 Celsius right now (14 Fahrenheit) around here... not that i'm complainning it's pretty 'warm' compared to February....

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i dont know whats going on but its 3 in the morning and im bored, talk about characters with echoes and which ones you prefer and maybe why

:ultdarksamus: she just kinda looks cooler
:ultmarth: tipper > balance gang
:ultchrom: beefy balance > beefy base gang
:ultdarkpit: electroshock and arrows kill easier/faster for me and also the best victory theme that isn't xenoblade
:ultken: he just kinda looks cooler
:ultsimon: better belmont lore-wise

Double K

Smash Lord
Oh yeah! Congrats to both ESAM and MVD, otherwise known as Eric and Jesse.

They really are pretty damn good. If they had a Duo tournament, they'd be an absolute unit.
I was really sad about Magister's elimination. I think he'd have won after Big D swapped to Falcon, by switching to Villager because that was his Smash 4 main

also I'm sad because I talk to him regularly and he's a cool dude. Draws good fanart

osby

Smash Obsessed
i dont know whats going on but its 3 in the morning and im bored, talk about characters with echoes and which ones you prefer and maybe why

:ultdarksamus: she just kinda looks cooler
:ultmarth: tipper > balance gang
:ultchrom: beefy balance > beefy base gang
:ultdarkpit: electroshock and arrows kill easier/faster for me and also the best victory theme that isn't xenoblade
:ultken: he just kinda looks cooler
:ultsimon: better belmont lore-wise
:ultsamus: I prefer Samus, tbh
:ultlucina: I just really liked her in Awakening, and no tipper is great for noobs like me
:ultroy: Top tier screams and flame sword ! no flame sword
:ultdarkpit: Same with you and I also like him
:ultken: Again, flames. Though I probably won't use both
:ultrichter: *Bloody Stream starts to play*

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I was really sad about Magister's elimination. I think he'd have won after Big D swapped to Falcon, by switching to Villager because that was his Smash 4 main

also I'm sad because I talk to him regularly and he's a cool dude. Draws good fanart
Dang. Sorry to hear, man. At least he put up a good fight and got to participate? A little bit more people probably know about him now, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom