• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
i dont know whats going on but its 3 in the morning and im bored, talk about characters with echoes and which ones you prefer and maybe why

:ultdarksamus: she just kinda looks cooler
:ultmarth: tipper > balance gang
:ultchrom: beefy balance > beefy base gang
:ultdarkpit: electroshock and arrows kill easier/faster for me and also the best victory theme that isn't xenoblade
:ultken: he just kinda looks cooler
:ultsimon: better belmont lore-wise
Yeah, I honestly prefer all echoes to the originals except for Simon, and that's just cuz I also like Simon better.

Dark Samus moves more fluidly than Samus, I like Dark Pit's side-B, and Chrom is a tank. Lucina and Daisy I just prefer as characters.
Ken and Ryu, well I have no opinion on, but I agree Ken looks cooler (maybe I just like player 2's :ultluigi:)

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah, I honestly prefer all echoes to the originals except for Simon, and that's just cuz I also like Simon better.

Dark Samus moves more fluidly than Samus, I like Dark Pit's side-B, and Chrom is a tank. Lucina and Daisy I just prefer as characters.
Ken and Ryu, well I have no opinion on, but I agree Ken looks cooler (maybe I just like player 2's :ultluigi:)
You have great taste then

Double K

Smash Lord
:ultsamus: Can't beat OG
:ultlucina: JP voice of Yuu Kobayashi
:ultroy::ultchrom: Tie because JP voice for both are some of my favorite male seiyuu
:ultpit:Dork
:ultken: Only hobo for me, is Ike
:ultrichter: *BLOODY TEARS*

Dang. Sorry to hear, man. At least he put up a good fight and got to participate? A little bit more people probably know about him now, at least.
Oh, he had fun and he got to top-8 despite only playing Incineroar for like, 3 days prior to the tournament afaik

He did a fantastic job and he's proud of himself. But Best Villager in Smash 4 should carry over lol

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Am I crazy or is Dark Samus significantly better than Samus because she doesn't roll. Maybe the aesthetic difference just gives me a boost, but I'm so much better with her than Samus.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Am I crazy or is Dark Samus significantly better than Samus because she doesn't roll. Maybe the aesthetic difference just gives me a boost, but I'm so much better with her than Samus.
Her roll is slightly faster but covers slightly less ground.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Incineroar is interesting. Has anyone seen Alpharad's Incineroar? I mean, obviously, he likely cuts clips of him not performing well, but still.

If he can be used right, bara tiger can be a real beast.

Double K

Smash Lord
Incineroar is interesting. Has anyone seen Alpharad's Incineroar? I mean, obviously, he likely cuts clips of him not performing well, but still.

He screws over characters who rely on DoTs or rapid periodic damage. Revenge gets fully stackd from pikmin

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
:ultsamus: *Insert star KO sound here*
:ultlucina:Time to change Fate! *proceeds to FS out the stage*
:ultroy: OOOOOOOOO TERIAAAAAAAA
:ultpit: I NEVER LEARNED HOW TO REEEEEEEEAD
:ultken: *All his FS voicelines*
:ultsimon: I VANQUISH THE DARKNESS

Shroob

Sup?
Sakurai captured everything I wanted to see in :ultincineroar: flawlessly... and oddly he did the same for :ultgreninja:.

.........my god I kinda want a Super Pokemon Bros. Sakurai gives them soo much personality unlike TPC.

Cat_Master_238

Smash Rookie
I think I lost my code to redeem to get Piranha Plant, lolz. Oh well, I'm sure they'll put it in sometime in 2019. :)

Now that Joker is announced, I can't wait to see whether his team will become Spirits or Assist Trophies. Will they add in Persona 4 Golden spirits like Marie? This is exciting. Also, I am hoping for a Dragon Quest character to be in the next DLC because Cloud isn't the only Square-Enix character they have that can kick some booty. ;)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

If anyone can be used right, anyone can be a real beast though.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm just glad "it's just another fire starter!" isn't said anymore because people have actually seen the character suplex and flex on people on the regular with maybe two or three moves having a fire effect and/or aesthetic.

Now it's just "Heels are so common ugh" albeit they still fail to acknowledge how much personality was put into it and how the heavies maybe have three whole attacks that could be considered a sort of CQC wrestling maneuver.

If anyone can be used right, anyone can be a real beast though.
True, but compared to Brawl, 4, and Melee, this game (so far) is pretty balanced and the mechanics allow just about any character to perform well even against characters on a seperate tier.

Although common consensus seems to be that Inklings are a problem.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think I lost my code to redeem to get Piranha Plant, lolz. Oh well, I'm sure they'll put it in sometime in 2019. :)

Now that Joker is announced, I can't wait to see whether his team will become Spirits or Assist Trophies. Will they add in Persona 4 Golden spirits like Marie? This is exciting. Also, I am hoping for a Dragon Quest character to be in the next DLC because Cloud isn't the only Square-Enix character they have that can kick some booty. ;)
I don't think we'll get DLC assists, but I hope we get at least a few Spirits. Even just Phantom Thieves would be great (for Inkling Futaba).

Double K

Smash Lord
I'm just glad "it's just another fire starter!" isn't said anymore because people have actually seen the character suplex and flex on people on the regular with maybe two or three moves having a fire effect and/or aesthetic.

Now it's just "Heels are so common ugh" albeit they still fail to acknowledge how much personality was put into it and how the heavies maybe have three whole attacks that could be considered a sort of CQC wrestling maneuver.

True, but compared to Brawl, 4, and Melee, this game (so far) is pretty balanced and the mechanics allow just about any character to perform well even against characters on a seperate tier.

Although common consensus seems to be that Inklings are a problem.
Inklings are really good but fair, but I've seen people say that Chrom's more poorly designd

Shroob

Sup?

He has

Nov_SSB_scrn003_BMP_jpgcopy.0.jpg

1200px-SSBUWebsiteIncineroar6.jpg

a92.png

Sakurai knocked it out of the ****ing park.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
That same idea went through my head while I was at work earlier, could you imagine the roster for something like that?
Lets see if i can make a good roster...
Charizard
Lucario
Mewtwo
Pikachu
Incineroar
Marshadow
Blaziken
Feraligator
Lilligant
Gardevoir
Gothitelle
Garchomp
Melmetal

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Holy **** that last one. Kinda reminds me of the wink he does when you pet him in Sun and Moon...

...and there's really no good way to say that.

Shroob

Sup?
Holy **** that last one. Kinda reminds me of the wink he does when you pet him in Sun and Moon...

It's what happens when the opponent is under the Stopwatch/Witch Time while he's waiting for them to come back from his side-B. He does a squat while doing a "Get a load of this guy" kind of gesture.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
i dont know whats going on but its 3 in the morning and im bored, talk about characters with echoes and which ones you prefer and maybe why

:ultdarksamus: she just kinda looks cooler
:ultdarkpit: electroshock and arrows kill easier/faster for me and also the best victory theme that isn't xenoblade
:ultdoc: Not really an Echo..but kinda was counted like one in 4, so I'm putting him here. I just prefer Dr. Mario to Mario design-wise.
:ultlucina: Lucina is one of my fav Fire Emblem characters.
:ultdarkpit: I liked the alt in Brawl, love the character in Uprising. Theme is great too.
:ultdaisy: I've just always preferred Daisy to Peach.
:ultrichter: I like his design more.
:ultroy: Roy was my main in Melee over Marth.
:ultsamus: I like her design more.
:ultken: I find Ken more fun then Ryu as a character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Inklings are really good but fair, but I've seen people say that Chrom's more poorly designd
Why?

I feel like TPC knew what they were doing when designing like... half of the SM Pokemon.

:ultdoc: Not really an Echo..but kinda was counted like one in 4, so I'm putting him here. I just prefer Dr. Mario to Mario design-wise.
:ultlucina: Lucina is one of my fav Fire Emblem characters.
:ultdarkpit: I liked the alt in Brawl, love the character in Uprising. Theme is great too.
Please keep talking.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Why?

I feel like TPC knew what they were doing when designing like... half of the SM Pokemon.

Please keep talking.
Nah, what would make you say tha---

*Tsareena is literally an 'Ojou-sama' type anime character who likes stepping on people and Salazzle attracts horny men via pheromones while having a harem*

Oh

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Why?

Please keep talking.
Ah, yes, Lurantis or whatever that plant thing with huge thighs is or that lizard who legit has harems in an offical pokédex description. Also, Primarina mostly being a male despite a VERY feminine and eloquent design.

I honestly can't remember a lot of the Gen 8 'mon though.

It's kinda weird though, cause Incineroar is vicious according to the pokédex, yet he winks at you when you touch him. Why? Who knows. Same reason why a primordial God will somehow consent to being a child's pet.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll get DLC assists, but I hope we get at least a few Spirits. Even just Phantom Thieves would be great (for Inkling Futaba).
Since they added new spirits with Pokemon Let's Go (starter Pikachu and starter Eevee) it's not too crazy to assume they'll add more in the future imo. Maybe we'll get some Persona 5 spirits down the line (along with a hypothetical Switch version).

D

Deleted member

:ultdarksamus: she just kinda looks cool
:ultdarksamus:: Haven't tried normal Samus yet, because Dark Samus is so much cooler.
:ultdaisy:: Far less bland then Peach.
:ultlucina:: The tipper stops Marth from being fun to play.
:ultroy:: They both suck, but Roy feels more fun to play as.
:ultpit:: Upperdash Arm > Electroshock
:ultken:: Actually has personality (Wanna fight fire with fire huh?)
:ultsimon:: Overall better Belmont.

Double K

Smash Lord
Inklings have a very clear playstyle and counterplay that makes them unique to play as, and gives you clear ways to play around them

Chrom being a Roy Echo with tweaked moves and hitboxes means he hits more consistently than Roy and Aether is a better strictly vertical recover than Roy's (height wise), which also spikes on the comedown making him VERY dangerous off the level when he is playing offensively. Combine this with Roy/Marth/Lucina speed and he doesn't pay anything for the actual power he puts out because his strength is largely mechanical, as opposed to Ike's which are a clear tradeoff of damage for speed

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
They're poisoning my family-friendly animé with adult jokes and references that are kind of ****ed up like a forced harem with a freaking animal.

Recent pokémon is such a bad influence on our children!!! They'll be corrupted with sick thoughts!!!

totally not serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom