• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So since the game got reworked to have a different MC, how'd you guys feel about Gran and Djeeta for Smash?

I think y'all probably know by now that I'd be 100% on board with this.

Do I think it's actually gonna happen... probably not. It's not impossible, but it's not likely (in my opinion).

Double K

Smash Lord
Then don't hate the franchise. Hate the person.
That's exactly what we are doing?

Like, we know the problem is Sugiyama. We make fun of him, because he's a ****ter who actively makes it harder for everyone to get into Dragon Quest for reasons beyond his war crime denial

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Anyone know an easy way to grab coins in Smash? easy and fast..
also, umm, for those who finished WoL, isn't there a way to get more of those.. oh I forgot their name.. spirit something, ones you use to fill the skill tree?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So since the game got reworked to have a different MC, how'd you guys feel about Gran and Djeeta for Smash?

If they're even half as cool as they are in GBFVS as they are in Smash, then I'd like their movesets.

Have a LONG list of characters I'd prefer, but I wouldn't object.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Anyone know an easy way to grab coins in Smash? easy and fast..
also, umm, for those who finished WoL, isn't there a way to get more of those.. oh I forgot their name.. spirit something, ones you use to fill the skill tree?
new game plus

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
has anyone in the history of ever used pac-man's dtilt and crouch walk in an actual fight
It is my goal every time I use him to ONLY win by doing that, thank you very much

I actually just do those move cuz I think they're funny. As in, as a substitute for a taunt whenever I'm online.

KMDP

Smash Legend
They ain't Atheists.

I'll stop there, though. I don't wanna air my laundry on the internet.
Well, I considered that option.
i.e. The option that they're fringe-fundamentalists of some kind.
I'll warn you now. I have a slight "Joisey" accent. Every once in awhile it's like I just stepped out of The Jersey Shore.
"Jersey Shore", you say.
This is my Jersey Shore.
I live in Jersey in the Channel Islands, that beach "La Mare" is the closest beach to my house.
I think you'd rather hear Cartoon Yoshi's voice a thousand times over mine...
FAIYA BAWLS, YUM! :yoshi:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It is my goal every time I use him to ONLY win by doing that, thank you very much

I actually just do those move cuz I think they're funny. As in, as a substitute for a taunt whenever I'm online.
... the depravity we've come to.

#giveustaunts.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Man I wish that more characters fought bosses who weren't the hands at the end of their classic runs.

Like... add some variety. Please. The themes can work with the bosses.

Like, Dedede fights kings and royalty. Why not have him fight Giga Bowser or Ganon? They are still kings.
Yeah, there were a few instances where I thought I'd fight one of the other bosses based on the theme only to see the hands again.

The bosses were there, I don't know why they weren't used more. For instance, Marx is only used in 3 character's classic routes.

Noipoi

Howdy!
"Jersey Shore", you say.
This is my Jersey Shore.
I live in Jersey in the Channel Islands, that beach "La Mare" is the closest beach to my house.
Yes, I know.

Didja think I lived in New Jersey? nah, I live on that beach. Amongst the sand. It is my home.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah, there were a few instances where I thought I'd fight one of the other bosses based on the theme only to see the hands again.

The bosses were there, I don't know why they weren't used more. For instance, Marx is only used in 3 character's classic routes.
What was the third? I only know he was in Kirby’s and Inklings.

I’m wondering if it be possible for DLC characters to bring in boss battles? I imagine not too likely but I think it’d be a welcome addition.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What was the third? I only know he was in Kirby’s and Inklings.

I’m wondering if it be possible for DLC characters to bring in boss battles? I imagine not too likely but I think it’d be a welcome addition.
Marx is the boss for Rosalina.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno.

Even if what this guy is saying is repulsive....

I don't think boycotting games or any content from the series feels right.

Mainly because its not just his work. It's the work of hundreds of individuals. Boycotting feels like I'd be punishing the many for the mistakes of the one.

Plus, thankfully, he's in a position where his opinions can't affect the game.

I'd understand if it was a youtuber or something like that, where his content is made almost solely by him. I'd also understand if his opinions bled into the product...

But, as DQ stands now, I'm not feeling it. I think most of the team has the best intentions and I think rewarding the good staff members is worth more than just preventing one guy getting money.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yes, I know.

Didja think I lived in New Jersey? nah, I live on that beach. Amongst the sand. It is my home.
I dunno, speaking a "Joisey" accent is a pretty big clue, Noi.

Noisey.

One of my childhood friends actually did live on the street opposite that beach.

Unfortunately, his parents moved to France and we lost touch.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
That's exactly what we are doing?

Like, we know the problem is Sugiyama. We make fun of him, because he's a ****ter who actively makes it harder for everyone to get into Dragon Quest for reasons beyond his war crime denial
See, I really don't get this..
Why do people go so far into someone else's mind? No one will like everything that anyone thinks, and he's not selling or controlling a life-depending product. You like it, take it. You don't.. then don't. simple.
What, you expect a product and the mind set behind it to be perfectly inclined with your ideals or thoughts.. not a chance.
Like a car for example, would you go for the mind set of every part of it? the one who made the screws thinks that.. the one who made the chairs thinks that.. and so on.. just buy the game, your not his guardian or judge

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
FYI I might get a picture of me WITH a Yoshi shirt this week...

If they decide to take them indoors that is :yoshi:
The way you phrased this makes it sound like all your Yoshi Shirts are outdoors.

Like your parents won't let them in the house.

Double K

Smash Lord
See, I really don't get this..
Why do people go so far into someone else's mind? No one will like everything that anyone thinks, and he's not selling or controlling a life-depending product. You like it, take it. You don't.. then don't. simple.
What, you expect a product and the mind set behind it to be perfectly inclined with your ideals or thoughts.. not a chance.
Like a car for example, would you go for the mind of every part of it? the one who made the screws thinks that.. the one who made the chairs thinks that.. ans so on.. just buy the game, your not his guardian or judge
Because when they have the public influence, it makes things harder for everyone. Don't forget about how Ford made a bunch of really ****ty things happen in schools because he hated black people.

And in a more like, immediately recognizable thing, Sugiyama actively again, makes it harder for the game to succeed out of Japan by not allowing people to use the actual sound track

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
here is a fun game, how would each character in smash react to getting the bad flavors of beanboozled
:ultlink: would have a slight aversion to the stuff, but he's eaten worse
:ultpacman:,:ultkirby: & :ultyoshi: would eat all flavors without prejudice
:ultmarth:,:ultroy:,:ultlucina:,:ultchrom:,:ultike:,:ultrobin: & :ultcorrin: would be horrified at the future of snacks and wonder how they came to pass with commoners
:ultzss: would probably stomach the beans, assuming she's been in survival situations where anything edible is required for the mission
:ultsnake: would do the same. He'd reluctantly attempt for a good flavor, and comment on how a cigar-flavored bean would be preferable to skunk spray
:ultolimar: would shove it toward his face and smear the beans on his helmet. Silly Olimar
:ultgnw: would puke in his own bucket and bleep in senior citizen
:ultpalutena: would scatter the stuff all over her palace
:ultpit:"Ooh, piece of candy! Ooh, piece of candy! Ooh, piece of candy! Ooh, piece of candy! Ooh, piece of candy! Ooh, piece of candy!"
:ultwario: would pull a Souljaboy and sell bootleg versions to try and make a buck out of everyone
:ultridley:,:ultkrool: & :ultduckhunt: would mix the stuff in a bowl of regular jelly beans at a party
:ultmegaman: & :ultisabelle: would dispose of the stuff after the former scans for traces of Beanboozled beans ALA Connor from Detroit: Become Human
:ultpikachu:,:ultpichu:,:ultjigglypuff:,:ultlucario:,:ultgreninja:,:ultincineroar: & :ultpokemontrainer:'s Team would have a new pouch item more divisive than herbs. 50% chance of max friendship or max hatred
:ultsonic:
Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 2.05.25 AM.png

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh! thanks. I wanted to try that but didn't want to go through all those matches again.. welp, seems the only option. Thanks O/
You get a huge SP bonus just for starting New Game Plus (specifically, 10'000 SP)

Word of warning, Spend it on something like the Blast-o-matic if you want to go for 100% completion.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The way you phrased this makes it sound like all your Yoshi Shirts are outdoors.

Like your parents won't let them in the house.
Let the shirts inside, man. They're freezing.

Just keep them away from the dinner table.
What interesting imagery. My way with words strikes again.

But no, any outdoor pictures of me will have my hoodie over my shirts. It's too ****ing cold...

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Because when they have the public influence, it makes things harder for everyone. Don't forget about how Ford made a bunch of really ****ty things happen in schools because he hated black people.

And in a more like, immediately recognizable thing, Sugiyama actively again, makes it harder for the game to succeed out of Japan by not allowing people to use the actual sound track
No it doesn't. If you want the game then just simply buy it and play it. Hard or not, that's the how the game is.

I don't know about Ford, but that would be something "life-depending". A game is not.

Noipoi

Howdy!
:ultpacman: & :ultkirby: would eat all flavors without prejudice
:ultmarth:,:ultroy:,:ultlucina:,:ultchrom:,:ultike:,:ultrobin: & :ultcorrin: would be horrified at the future of snacks and wonder how they came to pass with commoners
:ultzss: would probably stomach the beans, assuming she's been in survival situations where anything edible is required for the mission
:ultsnake: would do the same. He'd reluctantly attempt for a good flavor, and comment on how a cigar-flavored bean would be preferable to skunk spray
:ultolimar: would shove it toward his face and smear the beans on his helmet. Silly Olimar
:ultgnw: would puke in his own bucket and bleep in senior citizen
:ultpalutena: would scatter the stuff all over her palace
:ultpit:"Ooh, piece of candy! Ooh, piece of candy! Ooh, piece of candy! Ooh, piece of candy! Ooh, piece of candy! Ooh, piece of candy!"
:ultwario: would pull a Souljaboy and sell bootleg versions to try and make a buck out of everyone
:ultridley:,:ultkrool: & :ultduckhunt: would mix the stuff in a bowl of regular jelly beans at a party
:ultmegaman: & :ultisabelle: would dispose of the stuff after the former scans for traces of Beanboozled beans ALA Connor from Detroit: Become Human
:ultpikachu:,:ultpichu:,:ultjigglypuff:,:ultlucario:,:ultgreninja:,:ultincineroar: & :ultpokemontrainer:'s Team would have a new pouch item more divisive than herbs. 50% chance of max friendship or max hatred
:ultsonic:
I agree 99%, but.

:ultpacman: & :ultkirby: would eat all flavors without prejudice
Ya missed one :ultyoshi:

Double K

Smash Lord
No it doesn't. If you want the game then just simply buy it and play it. Hard or not, that's the how the game is.

I don't know about Ford, but that would be something "life-depending". A game is not.
You know, it's kind of funny you were going off on peoplpe for not reading your post on "Why DQ11?" right, when you didn't read something as obvious as what I just wrote correctly.

Shroob

Sup?

Mate, welcome to 2018, where saying one bad thing can damn something forever.

Like it or not, Sugi's racist beliefs DO matter to a point where people will piss on something due to it.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
You get a huge SP bonus just for starting New Game Plus (specifically, 10'000 SP)

Word of warning, Spend it on something like the Blast-o-matic if you want to go for 100% completion.
Wow! I almost completed the tree on my first run.. missing only 3 skills.. and now 10,000.. neat.
Wait! SPs? Aren't those the green spirit coins? This is not what I needed.. I meant those skill cores (Ugh, the name so escapes me right now), the ones you use to unlock skills in the Skill tree.
Also, what's a Blast-o-matic? am I going to be promoted to weapons on game+?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm training amiibo by having them fight each other. I've got my Inkling and Lucario on Rainbow Ride, and i'm sitting back and enjoying the show.

As you know, Rainbow Ride's a moving stage. Instead of jumping with the stage, Inkling decided to Squid Bag until the ship went out of frame. Killing her.

I've trained her well.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wow! I almost completed the tree on my first run.. missing only 3 skills.. and now 10,000.. neat.
Wait! SPs? Aren't those the green spirit coins? This is not what I needed.. I meant those skill cores (Ugh, the name so escapes me right now), the ones you use to unlock skills in the Skill tree.
Also, what's a Blast-o-matic? am I going to be promoted to weapons on game+?
The Blast-o-Matic is K. Rool's big laser cannon in his Final Smash.

It's also a Spirit, it's worth 10'000 SP and can only be bought in Sheldon's Store.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
You know, it's kind of funny you were going off on peoplpe for not reading your post on "Why DQ11?" right, when you didn't read something as obvious as what I just wrote correctly.
If that's the case then it'd be my bad. You could've answered though, and also why did you compare it to Ford?
Mate, welcome to 2018, where saying one bad thing can damn something forever.

Like it or not, Sugi's racist beliefs DO matter to a point where people will piss on something due to it.
Well anyone expecting people to say and stay perfect can live in that none-existing bubble... where no one else lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom