• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
The last thing Hitagi said to me , was that He and Vergeben don't want to talk now.
Becouse they have some information, big information , but they can't talk about it or some people will get fired.

View attachment 183493
No way, after Joker’s reveal I ain’t listening to another word out of them.
Hey guys , a question...

Should Agumon in Smash Bros have a Voice, or would it only make dinosaur noises like in the first games?
Hmmm, he’s cutesy but also threatening at the same time.

I know Sakurai would want 3rd Parties to be as faithful as possible but I think dino roars would make sense if added even though I prefer actual voices.

D

Deleted member

Nah, K. Rool can go off-screen and come back like it's no big deal.
I mean as in "everyone assumes this newcomers is busted pre release so it gets spammed online but turns out they really just suck"
People are so sensitive.

I have autism and am in no way offended by a .gif of a bear with a hat. It wasn't a personal attack on me or my condition, it was just a stupid meme.

Chill, fam.
"I'm not offended so no one else should be"

Shroob

Sup?
Do understand there are many people who would reasonably be offended, like people who were mocked all their life for having autism.

I personally don't really care but it's not cool to rule out peoples concerns with "well it's your opinion that it's offensive" and "you're just sensitive".
I mean, I was mocked, I was also obese when I was little and called a stupid cow by my then dad.

But I view things differently I guess, because if a bear in a hat is enough to get people up in arms, they obviously don't have anything else worth getting angry about.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean, I was mocked, I was also obese when I was little and called a stupid cow by my then dad.

But I view things differently I guess, because if a bear in a hat is enough to get people up in arms, they obviously don't have anything else worth getting angry about.
I don't think this is far either. (That sucks though Shroob I'm sorry to hear that.)

Some people are sensitive due to bullying in the past because of stuff like obesity and autism. Doesn't make them weak or wrong.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
hey guys I said I have a new avi and you guys are busy arguing about autism so like lets change that

I only come on here for attention

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean as in "everyone assumes this newcomers is busted pre release so it gets spammed online but turns out they really just suck"
I dunno, I need to practice with him more; I saw a montage and one of his airs seems to spike opponents? He seemed good, but I tend to suck in general (I ain't on the level of those psychic-like competitive people who rarely t-bag you when your Pichu falls).

I already know his d-air, it was either his b- or f-air.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Do understand there are many people who would reasonably be offended, like people who were mocked all their life for having autism.

I personally don't really care but it's not cool to rule out peoples concerns with "well it's your opinion that it's offensive" and "you're just sensitive".
Ding ding ding.

I dislike using such strong language, but bullying completely ****ed me up as a kid. My shyness eventually evolved into a horrible social anxiety that makes it near impossible to form real friendships or relationships today. And while most of those kids probably didn't realize I had autism - I wasn't even diagnosed until middle school - but it hindsight many of the things I was bullied so harshly for were directly related to my autism.

I try not to be too sensitive about it, but this is something that really does mean a lot to me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, Pyra Pyra just told me to hold down the fort while he's gone. Y'know what that means?

DAD LEFT ME IN CHARGE. THAT MEANS IT'S MY TURN ON THE SWITCH, AND IT'S GONNA BE MY TURN UNTIL I SAY SO.

I'M IN CHARGE SO I CAN LEGALLY GROUND YOU, DON'T START ANYTHING!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno, I need to practice with him more; I saw a montage and one of his airs seems to spike opponents? He seemed good, but I tend to suck in general (I ain't on the level of those psychic-like competitive people who rarely t-bag you when your Pichu falls).

I already know his d-air, it was either his b- or f-air.
His BAir is like Mario's FAir, yeah.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Ding ding ding.

I dislike using such strong language, but bullying completely ****ed me up as a kid. My shyness eventually evolved into a horrible social anxiety that makes it near impossible to form real friendships or relationships today. And while most of those kids probably didn't realize I had autism - I wasn't even diagnosed until middle school - but it hindsight many of the things I was bullied so harshly for were directly related to my autism.

I try not to be too sensitive about it, but this is something that really does mean a lot to me.
I didn’t get bullied much, mostly because I made bullies' lives into complete nightmares.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I didn’t get bullied much, mostly because I made bullies' lives into complete nightmares.
Can't speak for other people but bullying made me into a better person. When I'm not making money from local tournaments or my regular job, I'm usually spending my Friday and Saturday nights on a stage telling jokes in a ****ty bar or club.
I have autism and I'm bisexual so I was bullied a lot growing up. I hated it at the time, but I'm glad it happened. Because it would suck to grow up and become an adult only to then realize people are actually insufferable.
If I wasn't tormented for how I was, I probably wouldn't have the nerve to jump on a stage in rural Louisiana and tell a crowd of drunk middle age dudes that I'm attracted to men. Can't say I didn't go through dark moments, but it's still something I'm grateful for.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
OK so what did I miss when I was gone?
*looks and sees that people were apparently arguing about autism* Uhh...oh. Never mind then, I don't think I need to know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
OK so what did I miss when I was gone?
*looks and sees that people were apparently arguing about autism* Uhh...oh. Never mind then, I don't think I need to know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's not like there's anything to talk about. Unless we all wanna talk about Dragon Quest for the 48th time today

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, how in the blue hell do we have Piranha Plant's stats anyway?

Did they just leave them in the base game?

Because I'm really starting to question if Piranha Plant really isn't just "We didn't have time to finish this character" kind of ordeal and they're playing it up as an early adopter bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom