• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just played Greninja's classic mode.

Now I wouldn't say I really hate any pokemon besides Jynx but Greninja is definitely one of my less liked pocket monsters overall. His design is weird looking and slightly ugly imo, but not in a way were it feels like its mean to be freakish and alien like Mewtwo's is, and its tongue scarf is kind of gross imo. And don't get me started on Ash-Greninja.

Yet he's so goshdarn fun to play in Smash that I'm able to enjoy his inclusion anyway. Great mobility, a solid projectile, good range, and disjointed kill moves make for a fun combination for someone who likes the idea of a ninja like Sheik but wants some power and decent range to round it out.

Greninja is one of the reasons I preordered the fighters pass. No matter who they add I'm confident the Smash team will be able to give them some appeal, even if its someone I don't really like.

Oh wait I'm a part of the Smash community. Um, what I mean to say is "Grr TPC and Nintendo forced poor abused Sakurai to add Greninja against his will, otherwise there's no way they would have given us boring ninja Kermit over the far more deserving Bubsy the Bobcat."

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
The last thing Hitagi said to me , was that He and Vergeben don't want to talk now.
Becouse they have some information, big information , but they can't talk about it or some people will get fired.

sticker (24).png

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
went to a local tourney instead of seeing a girl that asked to hang out tonight and got disqualified immediately for swearing in the building cause apparently it was against the rules. Girl made plans with friends so now I'm alone practicing Lucina

read e-mails, kids

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
went to a local tourney instead of seeing a girl that asked to hang out tonight and got disqualified immediately for swearing in the building cause apparently it was against the rules. Girl made plans with friends so now I'm alone practicing Lucina

read e-mails, kids
Man, **** the rules

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

read e-mails, kids
Reschedule maybe?

This reminds me that I should hang out with my friends lol.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>get into elite smash with simon again
>lose the first match again
>get deranked again

1539760025513.gif

At least give me one safeproof battle before you send me back down. I lost because of I reverse-B'd my recovery and missed the ledge entirely. Otherwise it was completely neck and neck.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was thinking fighters could control the Tetraminos by attacking them:

Hit them on the side-move them left or right
Hit them from below-rotate the shape
Hit them from above-quick drop
That would be amazing

LetterO

Smash Lord
The last thing Hitagi said to me , was that He and Vergeben don't want to talk now.
Becouse they have some information, big information , but they can't talk about it or some people will get fired.

View attachment 183493
Unless I see an Ender Dragon fly onto the screen and destroy Snake from Metal Gear Solid and Joker from Persona 5, I don't really think they really know much on DLC.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hey guys , a question...

Should Agumon in Smash Bros have a Voice, or would it only make dinosaur noises like in the first games?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
>get deranked again

View attachment 183497

At least give me one safeproof battle before you send me back down. I lost because of I reverse-B'd my recovery and missed the ledge entirely. Otherwise it was completely neck and neck.
Ive been seeing this Elite smash everywhere and I have no idea What is. Guess that shows how good I am

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Online sure is tough.

Sometimes you face against people that seem to be on your level, other times you've got people that seem nearly psychic; I must suck.

Ice Climbers are fun imo (yus), along with other characters, but I gotta say...

King Dedede seems really fun to use online, simply because of his taunt-like crouch and, if someone reflects your Gordo, you can spit it back at them at Sonic speed; he feels like a troll character. I still get the crap beaten out of me often, though. Today, I learned that I need to combo with Jigglypuff before using Rest (I use it with Sing, and I learned this because a Puff user beat me easily) and idk how I even won a match with Pichu.

I also want to learn K. Rool.

edit: Oh, and can't believe I forgot Piranha Plant. Definitely gonna use him as well, I bet he'd be a nice troll character to use alongside the king of the show.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
>get deranked again

View attachment 183497

I find it funny when people associate bad plays with autism when one of the most famous competitive Smash players of all time has Asperger's syndrome.

It's almost like obsessive behavior can lead some people with autism to be exceptionally good at some things, and social ineptitude doesn't equate to ineptitude in every other area.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I find it funny when people associate bad plays with autism when one of the most famous competitive Smash players of all time has Asperger's syndrome.

It's almost like obsessive behavior can lead some people with autism to be exceptionally good at some things, and social ineptitude doesn't equate to ineptitude in every other area.
what the hell are you babbling on about its just a cute gif

D

Deleted member

read e-mails, kids
The moral of the story is that you shouldn't prioritize people who don't shower over friends

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know this is long pass I just want to say I apologize for the whole Waluigi thing last night. It wasn't very cool of me and you guys are right regardless of the fans and the memes you ought to respect how they feel even if overexposed all over the internet.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know this is long pass I just want to say I apologize for the whole Waluigi thing last night. It wasn't very cool of me and you guys are right regardless of the fans and the memes you ought to respect how they feel even if overexposed all over the internet.
I accept your apology :)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
People are so sensitive.

I have autism and am in no way offended by a .gif of a bear with a hat. It wasn't a personal attack on me or my condition, it was just a stupid meme.

Chill, fam.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I'm throwing the final bone with my DLC prediction.

Banjo-Kazooie; Spiral Mountain
Dante; Broken Bridge
Erdrick; Alefgard
Lloyd Irving; Tower of Salvation
Poochy; Yoshi's Crafted World stage (Secret reveal)

Give or take. I'm probably wrong but screw it.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
People are so sensitive.

I have autism and am in no way offended by a .gif of a bear with a hat. It wasn't a personal attack on me or my condition, it was just a stupid meme.

Chill, fam.
Do understand there are many people who would reasonably be offended, like people who were mocked all their life for having autism.

I personally don't really care but it's not cool to rule out peoples concerns with "well it's your opinion that it's offensive" and "you're just sensitive".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom