• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Been dabbling in some guys outside of :ultkrool::ultincineroar:

Really sat down and played :ultridley: He's not bad I think he needs a speed buff though

Noipoi Noipoi man I'm scared I still haven't gotten my :ultpiranha: code yet.

D

Deleted member

Been dabbling in some guys outside of :ultkrool::ultincineroar:

Really sat down and played :ultridley: He's not bad I think he needs a speed buff though

Noipoi Noipoi man I'm scared I still haven't gotten my :ultpiranha: code yet.
Check the "promotional" tab in your inbox, that was where mine was hidden

D

Deleted member

I had a theory about the stage selection

my theory about the stage selection is that if you fill the 5 stages for the fighters pass characters you’ll see there is one missing and the plant dosent count because he doesn’t have a stage or music tracks besides he’s not part of the pass and my theory is that the leftover slot is actually a extra stages slot for more dlc like the one from 3ds/wii u that could make sense with the 30 character slot thing

What do you guys think?

KMDP

Smash Legend
For characters that are actually possible for this DLC, Elma is basically the only one I have left who's completely alive
Not if you think Spirits disconfirm characters, she isn't.

You get the Elma Spirit for awakening 50 Fighters in World of Light.
Disclaimer: I don't think Spirits disconfirm fighters.

D

Deleted member

Not if you think Spirits disconfirm characters, she isn't.

You get the Elma Spirit for awakening 50 Fighters in World of Light.
Disclaimer: I don't think Spirits disconfirm fighters.
I don't think Spirits deconfirm.

D

Deleted member

You never know true pleasure untill you do something epic right when the song goes "You'll never see it comiiiiiiing"
Eh, I dunno. That would be super hard to time... plus, it wouldn't fit for me. As a Dedede main, my only epic move is my Forward Smash... everyone would see that coming. :p

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
For all of you hoping that the Persona songs in Smash won't be instrumental, just a friendly reminder that all of the Metal Gear and Bayonetta songs that have lyrics are the instrumental versions.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
For all of you hoping that the Persona songs in Smash won't be instrumental, just a friendly reminder that all of the Metal Gear and Bayonetta songs that have lyrics are the instrumental versions.
Doesn’t Calling to the Night retain its lyrics? Or it did in Brawl at least, I don’t have Ultimate yet.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So Annoying when i'm playing online . when i want to change my character i have to stop the matchmaking go to online again just to change a character... wtf??
Very annoying. SF5 did this too and it's one of those things I guess that's better for a competitive player who's just going to play their main, but is a pain in the ass for any normal player.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The thing that concerns me about P5 potentially not having lyrics is a. Bayonetta/Metal Gear's instrumentals, and b. the fact that Joker's trailer uses the instrumental version of Life Will Change, not the vocal version (and Smash trailer music always uses stuff licensed for the game). Still, Sonic (also Sega) has no trouble with lyrics, and they're so iconic to the soundtrack - so I live in hope.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:ultpit:: "Hey Lady Palutena, who is this big purple guy?"
:ultpalutena:: "That's Thanos--"
:ultpit:: "Wait, that's Thanatos!? Man, all these years haven't been so kind to his skin..."
:ultpalutena:: "No, Thanos. As in, the Mad Titan. He seeks to use the Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half of all sentient life in the universe to prevent its population from outgrowing the resources available... or he's just trying to impress Death, depends on the writer."
:ultpit:: "Dracula's general from Castlevania? Maybe I should ask Simon for help."
:ultpalutena:: "Don't play around, Pit, Thanos is a force to be reckoned with, even without the Infinity Gauntlet, he's much stronger than any average fighter. And with the Gauntlet... he can control time, space, energy, life and reality itself. Don't let him close his hand if you plan on having a fighting chance!"
:ultpit:: "Yikes, is it even possible to defeat this guy!? But no matter, I've dealt with bigger foes before, I can do this!"
:ultpalutena:: "At least you're being optimistic about it."
:ultpit:: "Oh yeah, by the way, where is Viridi and Pittoo? Usually they'd be here to say something like 'you're gonna get your butt kicked, Pit!'."
:ultpalutena:: "I dunno, Viridi did tell me earlier she wasn't feeling so good, maybe they're both sick."
:ultpit:: "Can Goddesses even get sick though?"

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Is Mother Brain’s Spirit in WoL?

If so, where is it located?

I only need the Phazon Suit and that one to get all the Metroid spirits.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
This... is also the case for me, but Joker (and maybe K. Rool a bit) were really up there for me.
Goemon would mean the gaming world to me.. soo, I'm not sure how I feel about Joker. Disheartened a bit since he took the thief spot, but also a cool choice. Better than many requests.. and my friend is a big Shin Megami fan.. soo somewhere in between. Kruel was a Bowser to me, but he's really fun to play with, and I get why DK fans wanted him.
Banjo-Kazooie, a dead franchise, gets:
- A fighter
- A stage
- A ****ton of music
- Its own segment in World of Light

And Ashley remains an assist trophy and that’s it, that’s a joke
A main character, a company's mascot, over 50 games, excellence in platforming and music, a definer, 20 yrs live in gaming, 30 since its debut, a perfect fit. yet some think he's not the proper choice for whatever reason. THIS is what I call a joke, in fact everything seems like a joke in comparison.. even a side character request.
I was trying to be as objective as possible,

The most hype reveals for me would probably be either Steve or a Rhythm Heaven character,
Steve is hype!?.. perspectives :) Again, personally nothing else would compare to Goemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom