• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Is Mother Brain’s Spirit in WoL?

If so, where is it located?

I only need the Phazon Suit and that one to get all the Metroid spirits.
Yes, it is, I'm pretty sure is in WoL, I am not sure where it was, maybe...
the last map of the game

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Spirit Battles, does anyone know what Wonder-Red's fight is? I've seen the Wonder-Blue one but I haven't found Red's yet.

D

Deleted member

:ultpit:: "Hey Lady Palutena, who is this big purple guy?"
:ultpalutena:: "That's Thanos--"
:ultpit:: "Wait, that's Thanatos!? Man, all these years haven't been so kind to his skin..."
:ultpalutena:: "No, Thanos. As in, the Mad Titan. He seeks to use the Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half of all sentient life in the universe to prevent its population from outgrowing the resources available... or he's just tryong to impress Death, depends on the writer."
:ultpit:: "Dracula's general from Castlevania? Maybe I should ask Simon for help."
:ultpalutena:: "Don't play around, Pit, Thanos is a force to be reckoned with, even without the Infinity Gauntlet, he's much stronger than any average fighter. And with the Gauntlet... he can control time, space, energy, life and reality itself. Don't let him close his hand if you plan on having a fighting chance!"
:ultpit:: "Yikes, is it even possible to defeat this guy!? But no matter, I've dealt with bigger foes before, I can do this!"
:ultpalutena:: "At least you're being optimistic about it."
:ultpit:: "Oh yeah, by the way, where is Viridi and Pittoo? Usually they'd be here to say something like 'you're gonna get your butt kicked, Pit!'."
:ultpalutena:: "I dunno, Viridi did tell me earlier she wasn't feeling so good, maybe they're both sick."
:ultpit:: "Can Goddesses even get sick though?"
Haha, this is too funny.
:ultpit:: Uh, Lady Palutena? Why is that dog purple?
:ultpalutena:: Oh! It's Zoe Trent!
:ultpit:: Ummm, who?
:ultpalutena::Zoe Trent. She's the Littlest Pet Shop's resident superstar.
:ultpit:: You lost me...
:ultpalutena:: She's a fashion model for the Pet Shop's pet clothing line, Blythe Style. Plus she can sing and dance like no other dog can!
(Viridi): And she's got the diva attitude to match.
:ultpit:: You're one to talk.
(Viridi): What's THAT supposed to mean?
:ultpit::Oh, you know exactly what it means!
:ultpalutena:: Pit, Focus!
:ultpit:: Oh, right! How do I fight Zoe?
(That's where it goes to the boring part, so I'll just end it there.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
...Man, I’m always late to a conversation.

It’s a good thing I don’t care about any of those characters on Kamiya’s “poll” so I won’t even bother responding.
Fun game. Which of the three would you want to most for DLC?

Capcom: Dante, Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright
Microsoft: Banjo-Kazooie, Master Chief, Steve
Namco: Heihachi, KOS-MOS, Lloyd Irving
Square Enix: Erdirick, Geno, Sora

For me.

Capcom: Monster Hunter
Microsoft: Banjo-Kazooie
Namco: Lloyd Irving
Square Enix: Sora
Capcom-Phoenix
Mircosoft-Banjo
Namco-Heihachi
Square Enix-Sora

Also, so many people are missing the Ashely joke lol.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'm only here temporarily today. I'm taking a break to focus on taking care of myself.

Uh, but I'm having a hard time closing the tab today so I'm just letting it happen :urg:. I'll go check that thread out right now then. Wish I was more active in support threads but I'm not good at making friends.
Umm, would you like to talk about it? we don't have to be friends.. just let it out. I'll even throw in an imaginary hug :)
I'm serious, you've been like this for a while and I don't like to see you in that state.. so, care to talk :)

D

Deleted member

Okay, um, this may sound like a stupid question, but how do you even get Spirits outside of WoL?

D

Deleted member

:ultpit:: "Wait, that's Thanatos!? Man, all these years haven't been so kind to his skin..."
:ultpalutena:: "No, Thanos. As in, the Mad Titan. He seeks to use the Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half of all sentient life in the universe to prevent its population from outgrowing the resources available... or he's just trying to impress Death, depends on the writer."
:ultpit:: "Dracula's general from Castlevania? Maybe I should ask Simon for help."
:ultpalutena:: "Don't play around, Pit, Thanos is a force to be reckoned with, even without the Infinity Gauntlet, he's much stronger than any average fighter. And with the Gauntlet... he can control time, space, energy, life and reality itself. Don't let him close his hand if you plan on having a fighting chance!"
:ultpit:: "Yikes, is it even possible to defeat this guy!? But no matter, I've dealt with bigger foes before, I can do this!"
:ultpit:: "Oh yeah, by the way, where is Viridi and Pittoo? Usually they'd be here to say something like 'you're gonna get your butt kicked, Pit!'."
:ultpalutena:: "I dunno, Viridi did tell me earlier she wasn't feeling so good, maybe they're both sick."
thanos ****ing murders viridi and default dances on her ashes & Knuckles

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Steve is hype!?..
At least for me he is...
I've had fond memories of playing Minecraft back in the day, and he's just such an iconic character to gaming, that he just makes so much sense to me
He's easily in my top 3 of most wanted characters

Last edited:

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
This is sort of a random question, but has anyone encountered Ditto in an 8-player smash? I haven't even encountered one in 4-player or less matches, so is he rare or not in 8-player smashes? Is Ditto unlockable? Come to think of it, I haven't seen Devil or The Moon either.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
On the subject of Viridi, she might have my favorite Spirit battle I've seen so far. The X-Parasite is up there, though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I love the design of World of Light’s map.

Seeing all these specific set pieces from different games all put into one world is so gosh darn charming.

D

Deleted member

:ultpalutena:: "No, Thanos. As in, the Mad Titan. He seeks to use the Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half of all sentient life in the universe to prevent its population from outgrowing the resources available... or he's just tryong to impress Death, depends on the writer."
You just cursed the chat, now you must read this
:ultpit::Who is that man on white robes with the bold and huge head?

:ultpalutena::Be respectful Pit! He is the Watcher, an entity whose job is to document every event in the multiverse, but never interfere.

WATCHER:Indeed, and i am here just to introduce your young guard to the Fantastic Four.

:ultpit::Why would i need you for that? They may have powers, but also humans... Known for being easy to stand with.

VIRIDI:And i find that mutant squad or the team with the green dude as worse menaces. These look out of date.

WATCHER:Don’t be so confident. They may look easy to beat... But thanks to their team work and their incredible use of their minds and powers they have managed to even stand against destroyers of worlds, gods from other realities and even entire species from other planets.

:ultpit::Woah... Ok, tell me anything that could help.

WATCHER: Ben Grimm, also known as the Thing, is the member with the most phisical strengh. Try to stop his movement anytime you can, until you find the best spot to hit him.
Johnny Storm, or the Human Torch, will always try to bring the other three back to the battlefield when they are thrown out. If you hurt him enough, he will lose his flames and fall off the stage.
Susan Storm, Johnny’s brother who goes as the Inivisible Woman. When she appears, never hit her force fields. If you break one of them, she will knock you out of the Battlefield. Patience would be key.
Finally, Mr Fantastic or Reed Richards. He can stretch his arms and grow any part of his body at any size he wants to. Stay as far as possible until he is in his normal form to stay save and go for him.

VIRIDI:... And you say that they beated gods?

:ultpalutena:: I don’t know... Maybe they can’t use a lot of their other stuff, which Solid Snake and Captain Falcon claim to have too.

WATCHER: After seeing many wars from around the multiverses for centuries, i could see that as an option.
My job here is done, so i can only wish luck to the little angel. Until we meet again.

:ultpit::LET’S DO THIS

D

Deleted member

Okay, um, this may sound like a stupid question, but how do you even get Spirits outside of WoL?
The other mode...Spirit Board I think its called? You can do the challenges that are actually within the WoL map anyway, like the Paulina 4* one. It's technically more of a pain, though, since if win, you have to fire a laser into a gap of the character's shield to earn the Spirit. If you miss, then you can 'pay' SP for a retry (with the portion of shield you shot missing for a better chance) but you only get one extra chance.

Meanwhile, if you were to just do it in the WoL, you could retry as many times as it takes for Peach to just fall so that you don't have to dodge giant Donkey Kong and a hammer-wielding Mario on one of the worst stages made while trying to dunk Peach.

Sorry, simpler explanation:
WoL- Infinite Retries
Spirit Board- Spirits that appear are random & there's a max of 2 tries to the challenge. Plus, even after winning, you still gotta earn it for some reason

D

Deleted member

The other mode...Spirit Board I think its called? You can do the challenges that are actually within the WoL map anyway, like the Paulina 4* one. It's technically more of a pain, though, since if win, you have to fire a laser into a gap of the character's shield to earn the Spirit. If you miss, then you can 'pay' SP for a retry (with the portion of shield you shot missing for a better chance) but you only get one extra chance.

Meanwhile, if you were to just do it in the WoL, you could retry as many times as it takes for Peach to just fall so that you don't have to dodge giant Donkey Kong and a hammer-wielding Mario on one of the worst stages made while trying to dunk Peach.

Sorry, simpler explanation:
WoL- Infinite Retries
Spirit Board- Spirits that appear are random & there's a max of 2 tries to the challenge. Plus, even after winning, you still gotta earn it for some reason
the main plus of board is that you can use any character you want whereas in WoL you have to unlock them all, which could be a pain

KMDP

Smash Legend
Is Mother Brain’s Spirit in WoL?

If so, where is it located?

I only need the Phazon Suit and that one to get all the Metroid spirits.
Pretty sure Mother Brain is a Spirit Board spirit.

...Screw the Queen Metroid fight.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not quite right.

You have as many tries on the Spirit Board as you have Rematch items, what you do have only two tries for is Free the Spirit, the shooter minigame.

Of course, as long as you have both a Shield Spacer and Sluggish Shield, you shouldn't fail the shooting minigame anyway.
I won that one with K.Rool and the Roll spirit.
I already beat it, can't remember how.

It was just annoyingly tough.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
At least for me he is...
I've had fond memories of playing Minecraft back in the day, and he's just such an iconic character to gaming, that he just makes so much sense to me
If you talk to.. let's say a 10 yo and all what he did is Fortnite. So his fond memories are of Fortnite. If we ask him which's the most iconic character in gaming, he'll probably point to his Fortnite character. Point is.. again, perspectives!
I respect your fond memories, they're what you have.. however, two things I have against Steve's inclusion. In short..
1- Turn skip: Many other IPs waited long for their turn to be in Smash. It's far too early for Steve to join.
2- Achievement skip: Many IPs went through so many games through the years to shape up as the "iconic" characters we know and love. Claiming equality by sales numbers alone is disingenuous.
That's just my unwavering opinion however. As frankly, an inclusion would feel like a blunt ad.

D

Deleted member

To add on to what Daemon said, some are only obtainable through Challenges like Elma

ooh do Elma
This is where I forgive myself for butchering personalities.

:ultsnake:: "Colonel, who is this woman? That tech she's using..."
Colonel: "Show some respect, Snake, that's the BLADE Colonel Elma, leader of the Reclaimers Division."
:ultsnake:: "And what is this BLADE you speak of?"
Colonel: "Builders of the Legacy After the Destruction of Earth. They're a private militar organization created to assist in the reconstruction of the human race in the alien planet of Mira. Her division was tasked with reclaiming the missing Lifehold's pieces, they're humanity's last hope."
:ultsnake:: "Seems she's quite experienced, huh? I better approach her from behind then, frontal combat would be suicide against someone like her."
Colonel: "That's where you're wrong, Snake. Colonel Elma is a master of stealth, take your eye away from her for just one second and she'll hide in the shadows. If you try to face her in her own game, you'll just get stabbed in the back fact. In fact, you could learn a few things from her."
:ultsnake:: "So if I want to win, I'm the one who has to get out of my comfort zone? *Sigh* Sounds like the usual then."
Colonel: "Oh right, before I forget. If she calls for her SKELL, retreat immediatelly."
:ultsnake:: "SKELL? What is that?"
Colonel: "A human-piloted mecha. They may be no Metal Gear but where they lack in sheer firepower they make up for their mobility and ability to adapt to any situation."
:ultsnake:: "Maybe you should work on investing in all that tech of hers if you know so much about her..."

D

Deleted member

This is where I forgive myself for butchering personalities.

:ultsnake:: "Colonel, who is this woman? That tech she's using..."
Colonel: "Show some respect, Snake, that's the BLADE Colonel Elma, leader of the Reclaimers Division."
:ultsnake:: "And what is this BLADE you speak of?"
Colonel: "Builders of the Legacy After the Destruction of Earth. They're a private militar organization created to assist in the reconstruction of the human race in the alien planet of Mira. Her division was tasked with reclaiming the missing Lifehold's pieces, they're humanity's last hope."
:ultsnake:: "Seems she's quite experienced, huh? I better approach her from behind then, frontal combat would be suicide against someone like her."
Colonel: "That's where you're wrong, Snake. Colonel Elma is a master of stealth, take your eye away from her for just one second and she'll hide in the shadows. If you try to face her in her own game, you'll just get stabbed in the back fact. In fact, you could learn a few things from her."
:ultsnake:: "So if I want to win, I'm the one who has to get out of my comfort zone? *Sigh* Sounds like the usual then."
Colonel: "Oh right, before I forget. If she calls for her SKELL, retreat immediatelly."
:ultsnake:: "SKELL? What is that?"
Colonel: "A human-piloted mecha. They may be no Metal Gear but where they lack in sheer firepower they make up for their mobility and ability to adapt to any situation."
:ultsnake:: "Maybe you should work on investing in all that tech of hers if you know so much about her..."
tbh Elma vs Snake is a dream matchup that I really want to happen lol

D

Deleted member

:ultpit:: Lady Palutena, who's the lady with the white hair?
:ultpalutena:: That's Elma, Pit. She has a ****ing gun
:ultpit:: oh my god

D

Deleted member

Random Note: Fire Emblem games should be made by Yasumi Matsumo of Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just became (technically) able to make the Absolutely Safe Capsule.

To make the Absolutely Safe Capsule, you need 2,600 SP, a Mr. Saturn and six Shield Type cores. At level 1, it has no Attack and 4886 Defense, it also has no Skill and no Slots.

Well, I suppose if you really want to play turtle. The ASC is your... 'man'.

D

Deleted member

No

You can't just ask me to do a codec and then outdo mine immediatelly later so
:ultdarkpit:: "Actually, I hear she has two guns."
:ultpit:: "LADY PALUTENA PLEASE SAVE ME!"
Viridi: she has a sword or two as well
:ultpit:: i regret ever joining this stupid game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom