• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Breaking from the current topic, I was just thinking at work about some of the things Nintendo may have missed out on if they don't follow some of the highly requested characters. I mean, imagine if Banjo made it. Wouldn't it be something to see Yooka Laylee make it as well? I feel like that'd be really fascinating to see. Honestly this is just my thoughts coming out. I got an email about there being a sale for Yooka on the Switch and my mind started racing.

D

Deleted member

So basically he's blocking people because he lost a debate?
Nah, he blocked people because he was getting annoyed that a bunch of people were saying “no you’re wrong”. Can’t say I blame him too hard, he is the only one who’s actually a game dev after all. Nobody really won.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm sorry... what?
There are just so many things wrong with that statement

Last I checked, characters don't get in Smash in order of how long they've been around
It's not too early for Steve to join. Minecraft is about to turn 10 next year, and If characters like Joker (who's only been around for about 2 years) can make it in, Steve is more than possible for Smash

My bias aside, Minecraft is still huge in fact, I'd argue that only franchise in Smash that are more iconic than Minecraft are Mario, Pokemon, and maybe Sonic. That's it...

As for the "not being loved" claim, Minecraft is one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time. Sitting at a very impressive 93 on Metacritc for the original PC version. The only real reason I feel Minecraft is hated is because of it's obnoxious fan base, but assuming the Smash fanbase is pretty toxic too, I think we're being pretty hypocritical

Besides, Smash is about a celebration of video games, old and new
Imo, Minecraft is one of the most important video game franchises which has yet to get representation in Smash...

Here, let me tell you some of the major milestones Minecraft has to it's name...

• Started as a small indie project, went on to one of the most sought after IPs, up to the point that a Billion dollar company like Microsoft decided to purchase it for a whopping 2.5 billion dollars
  • Notable for not just being big in the west, but also huge worldwide, especially Japan. Even Smash creator, Masahiro Sakurai enjoys it.
  • Helped popularize the Sandbox and Open World genres of games, and made the Let's Play genre of Youtube videos popular
  • Has been used in schools to help promote creativity and teach coding
  • The second best selling game of all time, only behind Tetris

Imo, Minecraft is an important piece of gaming history and is more than welcome in a game such as Smash Bros
Yes. It’s welcome. But it doesn’t need a character. I’m all for a Minecraft stage.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The real football rep should be Dan Marino from NFL Blitz on the N64, but specifically Big Head Mode Dan Marino. He was OP.

How many times has this crap been brought up?
sorry bro ill stop having a fun time joking about being represented in games and go be mad about wavedashing or whatever

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh yeah.

I beat the "Donkey Kong and Lady" and Ninten spirit battles earlier today.

DK and Lady is really all or nothing, the load-out I used was Soma Cruz (Giant Killer), with Dragoon (Giant Killer) and, I think, Shine Sprite (Special Moves Up) and Manaphy (Running Start), all equipped to Cloud, and using the HP Drain item.

Try to beat up DK on the top platform, and wait for the 8-bit DK to show up. The Jacks will eat through the Giant DK like butter, just try to not let them hit you or Peach (obviously).

As for the Ninten Spirit, you need either a Franklin Badge or Super Armor (or better yet, both if you can); because the Ness Quartet love to spam PK Fire; because they have low HP though, they die pretty quick to hard hitting characters.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Follow me here :ultridley: marries :ultdarksamus:

huh? HUH?

have not gotten an email about :ultpiranha:, worried...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nah, he blocked people because he was getting annoyed that a bunch of people were saying “no you’re wrong”. Can’t say I blame him too hard, he is the only one who’s actually a game dev after all. Nobody really won.
ah yeah, thats pretty understandbble. Guess his patience wore a bit to thin that day

D

Deleted member

the main plus of board is that you can use any character you want whereas in WoL you have to unlock them all, which could be a pain
True, but once you load up DK, WoL becomes easier. Although I am still having trouble with one match in particular.

Anybody else having trouble in WoL with the 4* Boss spirit battle? It's a Stamina battle, on a Poisoned Field, with a Zero-Suit Samus that gets Increased Defense when below a certain health point, and is clearly a lvl 9+ CPU because it is maddeningly difficult for some reason.

D

Deleted member

True, but once you load up DK, WoL becomes easier. Although I am still having trouble with one match in particular.

Anybody else having trouble in WoL with the 4* Boss spirit battle? It's a Stamina battle, on a Poisoned Field, with a Zero-Suit Samus that gets Increased Defense when below a certain health point, and is clearly a lvl 9+ CPU because it is maddeningly difficult for some reason.
Big Boss? I just cheesed with Marth tipper F-Smash

Flyboy

Smash Hero

It's mad tough. I think I used Mac and managed to trick her into burning her up special under the stage somehow. She's my main Spirit now though. Just wish I could have beaten her as Snake but I can't play Snake at all.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh yeah.

I beat the "Donkey Kong and Lady" and Ninten spirit battles earlier today.

DK and Lady is really all or nothing, the load-out I used was Soma Cruz (Giant Killer), with Dragoon (Giant Killer) and, I think, Shine Sprite (Special Moves Up) and Manaphy (Running Start), all equipped to Cloud, and using the HP Drain item.

Try to beat up DK on the top platform, and wait for the 8-bit DK to show up. The Jacks will eat through the Giant DK like butter, just try to not let them hit you or Peach (obviously).

As for the Ninten Spirit, you need either a Franklin Badge or Super Armor (or better yet, both if you can); because the Ness Quartet love to spam PK Fire; because they have low HP though, they die pretty quick to hard hitting characters.
Those were some of the evil ones.
I can't remember what I used, but I tend to rely on Bowser or Incineroar with appropriate spirits for high damage. Critical Health Recovery isn't bad either for the former, or Psi Resist. Sometimes Ore Club does its work. I should mention Bowser N-air is some good against certain battles.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You are literally the worst.

Also. I’m a girl. Do I have to put that in my sig or something?
Sorry.
Mr. Snake -> MrS. nake

((And yes, I did that on purpose to set that up because I know you'd point that out explicitly. You're welcome. And yes, again, I know you aren't married.))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom