• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
True, but once you load up DK, WoL becomes easier. Although I am still having trouble with one match in particular.

Anybody else having trouble in WoL with the 4* Boss spirit battle? It's a Stamina battle, on a Poisoned Field, with a Zero-Suit Samus that gets Increased Defense when below a certain health point, and is clearly a lvl 9+ CPU because it is maddeningly difficult for some reason.
Madama Butterfly.

She has Poison Heals, which is exactly what it sounds like.

Granted, the fight is still tough even with that, because you can't use anything else on that Primary (Poison Heals is a three-slot skill).

You can get Madama Butterfly on the Final Map, or you can Summon her with Shanoa, Aparoid and any Neutral Type and Support Core.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah and getting your left hand ripped out isn’t as bad being skinned alive, but I still wouldn’t subject myself to either
At least not for anything less than 50 bucks
50? You are so cheap, I would ask for at least 70 for both.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yes. It’s welcome. But it doesn’t need a character. I’m all for a Minecraft stage.
The best way imo the represent the main mechanics of Minecraft, is to have Steve playable...

I seriously feel like you guys don't want Steve just because he isn't a character you guys grew up with...

Smash isn't a 90's kids only club... It's for everyone...
Sure, some of the character choices were catered to you guys, like K.Rool and such. But you guy's aren't the only demographic that Smash is trying to appeal to... Kids seem to be one of the main demographics for Smash, and having a character like Steve can help bring some new kids to Smash. Kinda like how most of you guys got into Smash with characters like Pikachu and Mario...

Smash has been around for almost 20 years, and there's a new generation of kids, just waiting to be introduced to Smash and the world of Nintendo with characters like Steve

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
have not gotten an email about :ultpiranha:, worried...
Are you using Gmail? If you do then the Piranha Plant code ends up in a spam folder called Promotions or something like that.

If not, then I dunno. If I'm not mistaken it should take a maximum of 72 hours before it arrives.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The best way imo the represent the main mechanics of Minecraft, is to have Steve playable...

I seriously feel like you guys don't want Steve just because he isn't a character you guys grew up with...

Smash isn't a 90's kids only club... It's for everyone...
Sure, some of the character choices were catered to you guys, like K.Rool and such. But you guy's aren't the only demographic that Smash is trying to appeal to... Kids seem to be one of the main demographics for Smash, and having a character like Steve can help bring some new kids to Smash. Kinda like how most of you guys got into Smash with characters like Pikachu and Mario...

Smash has been around for almost 20 years, and there's a new generation of kids, just waiting to be introduced to Smash and the world of Nintendo with characters like Steve
I don't want Steve in Smash because hearing people talk about how they grew up with Minecraft makes me feel way older than I actually am and I don't like that feeling because I start having an existential crisis about my age.
/s

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Though I guess you can say everyone is a bit straight in that case.
I will say it once again, because I believe it bears repeating, there is no such thing as "straight". Look around you. you think that wall is straight? Feel it. It's not exactly smooth is it?

What about you? You think you're straight? Check again. You spend all day on a phone or staring at a monitor of some kind. You may think you're straight, but your spine and terrible posture would disagree.

You see people, "straight" is an alt-right myth created to eliminate the all powerful force that is Neil Patrick Harris. Open your eyes sheeple.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’ve never played a Paper Mario game.
64, Thousand Year Door, and Super were pretty great.

I don't know what happened after that. Color Splash I just never bothered with. Sticker Star was pretty much devoid of any Paper Mario charm at all.
There was a Mario and Luigi + Paper Mario game (Paper Jam) but I got to the final boss and suddenly became disinterested, but it's not that bad.
But, you can imagine how forgettable it is.

My favorite is 64.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
And now for a fanmade Guidance about 3 pages too late:
:ultpit:: Hey, Lady Palutena--who's this girl with the sword?
:ultpalutena:: That's Edea Lee, formerly of the Knights of the Eternian Sky - Fourth Division of the Eternian Forces.
:ultpit: : Knights of the Eternian Sky? So, what--she's a pilot?
:ultpalutena:: Ha, you wouldn't be the only one to make that mistake. Actually, no--she doesn't know the first thing about flying. Kind of like someone else I know...
:ultpit: : H-hey, I know how to fly! ...A little! ...I-I'm getting better!
:ultpalutena: : Yes, Pit, we're all very proud of you.
Anyway, that's not to say she isn't a formidable opponent. She was the personal student of Nobutsuna Kamiizumi, bearer of the swordmaster asterisk--that blade she's wielding, Ise-no-Kami, was a personal gift of his, sharp enough to cut rocks. Suffice to say, she's no slouch in close combat.
:ultpit: : Eh, swordwielders-shmordwielders. I've fought plenty of those in Smash! I'll just keep a good distance and wait for the perfect moment to strike!
:ultpalutena: : Careful, Pit--swordplay's not the only thing she's got up her sleeve. Axes, spears... even magic. And with the power of asterisks, she can change jobs on the fly--so there's no telling what's coming next.
:ultpit: : You're saying she can transform...? Hey, is bringing that many weapons even legal? ...You think I can smuggle a few more in?
V: Sure, if you wanna be weighed down to the ground like a fat little chicken... Quality over quantity, isn't that right?
Oh, and she's also a princess. Daughter of the Eternian Grand Marshal himself, don't you know? So show some respect, Pit!
:ultpit: : W-wait--a princess? With a blade like that? Doesn't really look the part...
V: And you don't really look like much of a hero. Takes all sorts, don't you think?

D

Deleted member

I will say it once again, because I believe it bears repeating, there is no such thing as "straight". Look around you. you think that wall is straight? Feel it. It's not exactly smooth is it?

What about you? You think you're straight? Check again. You spend all day on a phone or staring at a monitor of some kind. You may think you're straight, but your spine and terrible posture would disagree.

You see people, "straight" is an alt-right myth created to eliminate the all powerful force that is Neil Patrick Harris. Open your eyes sheeple.
the straightest thing here is my **** lmao got em

I hope that isn’t overstepping and breaking any rules

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed

There is only one straight person in the world: :ultgnw:

D

Deleted member

When the thread is so bored, they’re reduced to talking about which kind of holes people want to ****.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Those were some of the evil ones.
I can't remember what I used, but I tend to rely on Bowser or Incineroar with appropriate spirits for high damage. Critical Health Recovery isn't bad either for the former, or Psi Resist. Sometimes Ore Club does its work. I should mention Bowser N-air is some good against certain battles.
The problem with the DK and Lady one is that Peach is (deliberately) a liability. Fortunately, I think she's at least smart enough to keep away from the top section of the stage when the Jacks start flying.

I actually tried PSI Resist for Ninten, it didn't help much.

Mostly because resisting the damage doesn't actually prevent you from getting trapped in PK Fire (and I'm really bad at remembering to DI away from Ness while he's doing it).

Pakky

Smash Hero
Are you using Gmail? If you do then the Piranha Plant code ends up in a spam folder called Promotions or something like that.

If not, then I dunno. If I'm not mistaken it should take a maximum of 72 hours before it arrives.
Yeah I've checked all my email accounts and I don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom