• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
No

You can't just ask me to do a codec and then outdo mine immediatelly later so
:ultdarkpit:: "Actually, I hear she has two guns."
:ultpit:: "LADY PALUTENA PLEASE SAVE ME!"
Plot twist: Palutena warns Pit about Elma's guns but he can't hear because he wears headphones

D

Deleted member

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Also, on the subject of LGBT characters in Smash, Ike has been in since Brawl and Bayonetta is in also. However, we need more. The rest of the fighter pack will contain Leon from Echoes, Irina from Xenoblade Chronicles X, Miles Edgeworth, and Tracer Overwatch. It's happening

osby

Smash Obsessed
Smh ya'll always just ignore Snake, don't you?
Maybe we wouldn't, if they were a bit more obvious about exactly which Snake he is. (yeah, I know, Solid Snake, it's just he takes stuff from other Snakes)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Corrin is canon bi aren't they? And isn't Ike gay
The Ike thing is very much up to interpretation. You wouldn't be wrong to assume it, but at the same time it's never definitively stated and might as well just be a show of compassion, they did it subtly enough that the player can pretty much choose to believe whatever they want.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, on the subject of LGBT characters in Smash, Ike has been in since Brawl and Bayonetta is in also. However, we need more. The rest of the fighter pack will contain Leon from Echoes, Irina from Xenoblade Chronicles X, Miles Edgeworth, and Tracer Overwatch. It's happening
wheres morag

osby

Smash Obsessed
EVERYONE IS GAY! or from other sexualities that can be referred as using gay as an umbrella term

D

Deleted member

Also I saw you lads making guidances and codecs for Thanos. You’ve got it all wrong. Thanos needs to have dialogue with Deadpool for each character.

D

Deleted member

And I’ll say this:
You’re reading way too much into that Isabelle post.
I guess I am lol
Ike isn't gay tho -_-
Bayo isn't LGBT either -_-

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If you talk to.. let's say a 10 yo and all what he did is Fortnite. So his fond memories are of Fortnite. If we ask him which's the most iconic character in gaming, he'll probably point to his Fortnite character. Point is.. again, perspectives!
I respect your fond memories, they're what you have.. however, two things I have against Steve's inclusion. In short..
1- Turn skip: Many other IPs waited long for their turn to be in Smash. It's far too early for Steve to join.
2- Achievement skip: Many IPs went through so many games through the years to shape up as the "iconic" characters we know and love. Claiming equality by sales numbers alone is disingenuous.
I'm sorry... what?
There are just so many things wrong with that statement

Last I checked, characters don't get in Smash in order of how long they've been around
It's not too early for Steve to join. Minecraft is about to turn 10 next year, and If characters like Joker (who's only been around for about 2 years) can make it in, Steve is more than possible for Smash

My bias aside, Minecraft is still huge in fact, I'd argue that only franchise in Smash that are more iconic than Minecraft are Mario, Pokemon, and maybe Sonic. That's it...

As for the "not being loved" claim, Minecraft is one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time. Sitting at a very impressive 93 on Metacritc for the original PC version. The only real reason I feel Minecraft is hated is because of it's obnoxious fan base, but assuming the Smash fanbase is pretty toxic too, I think we're being pretty hypocritical

Besides, Smash is about a celebration of video games, old and new
Imo, Minecraft is one of the most important video game franchises which has yet to get representation in Smash...

Here, let me tell you some of the major milestones Minecraft has to it's name...

• Started as a small indie project, went on to one of the most sought after IPs, up to the point that a Billion dollar company like Microsoft decided to purchase it for a whopping 2.5 billion dollars
  • Notable for not just being big in the west, but also huge worldwide, especially Japan. Even Smash creator, Masahiro Sakurai enjoys it.
  • Helped popularize the Sandbox and Open World genres of games, and made the Let's Play genre of Youtube videos popular
  • Has been used in schools to help promote creativity and teach coding
  • The second best selling game of all time, only behind Tetris

Imo, Minecraft is an important piece of gaming history and is more than welcome in a game such as Smash Bros

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom