• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Roy would've been hype as hell for "Everyone is Here" even if you weren't that much of a Roy fan and Corrin would've made sense for the Ultimate base game after Fates' success despite people's hate for them, they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time imo. Anyone who's last is going to be the target of a lot of salt but them and Bayonetta just sealed the deal for people to be furious.
Not really, Fates was no longer the newest installment by the time Ultimate came out.

Nah, people only whined about Bayonetta because she wasn't some obligatory character despite being a ridiculously popular request on tumblr.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Rate My Fighter Pass
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Yuri Lowell
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Banjo and Kazooie

Also, puppet YouTuber Arlo just posted his 2019 Nintendo predictions, including his Fighter Pass predictions, so please rate his fighter pass as well.
  • Joker
  • Monster Hunter
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Waluigi
Joker: Amazing and fun pick!
Erdrick: I find him ****ing lame sorry gang. A sad face and a dislike from me. Respect if you're a fan of his though, I'm certain he could have a badass and fun moveset.
Yuri: Absolutely no opinion from me, I know nothing about him except I like Lloyd's design more.
Crash: Sure lol
Banjo and Kazooie: **** YES!!!! YESSSSSS

Arlo's:
Joker: See above
Monster Hunter: Sorry bud ya missed your time for base game. Pretty cool pick, other Capcom's I'd like more tho.
Banjo and Kazooie: HELLLL YESSSS
Crash: Sure lol
Waluigi: King deserves it

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Rate My Fighter Pass
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Yuri Lowell
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Banjo and Kazooie

Also, puppet YouTuber Arlo just posted his 2019 Nintendo predictions, including his Fighter Pass predictions, so please rate his fighter pass as well.
  • Joker
  • Monster Hunter
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Waluigi
Yours: 9/10. I'd be fine with this selection. Sure no Lloyd, but Yuri is still a Tales Rep. Also Banjo too. :)

Arlo: 5/10. For the last time, Waluigi IS NOT getting in. >_>

Also I'll throw my Fighter pass into the ring.

1. Joker
2. Erdrick
3. Lloyd Irving
4. Banjo & Kazooie
5. Leon Kennedy

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Rate my Fighter Pass:
-Saber
-Crono
-Solaire
-Phoenix Wright
let at least one of these happen please
Um, Saber and Solaire are complete whos to me. Pretty much shows that I don’t know jack about JRPGs, assuming both of those characters are from that genre.

Other than that, it’s a decent list.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
He isn’t playable, but this somewhat eases the gnawing pain carved into my soul, feasting upon whatever remnants of sanity remain within me
I got this spirit the other day and wanted to post in this thread about it but I forgot your username and foolishly believed you had been told already. I failed you and I'm sorry.

Isabelle isn’t just cute... But Super Powerful!

Infinite Knuckles is making this the happiest day of my life. Truly this is the Ultimate Smash game.

Rate my Fighter Pass:
-Saber
-Crono
-Solaire
-Phoenix Wright
let at least one of these happen please
Phoenix Wright is my next most-wanted so to be lucky enough to get both Joker and Phoenix in one pack would be astounding for me. Crono would also be sick as an insane nostalgia pick. Dark Souls is okay, no real thoughts there. Fate is lame but like, I'd have gotten three characters I'm super into and I can appreciate people would enjoy the others so hey, sounds like a winner to me. Plus I have no doubt I'd grow to like Saber in Smash.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Um, Saber and Solaire are complete whos to me. Pretty much shows that I don’t know jack about JRPGs, assuming both of those characters are from that genre.

You know who Solaire is, even if you don't realize it.
He's the most popular character from the obscure indie gem "Dark Souls"

D

Deleted member

Rate My Fighter Pass
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Yuri Lowell
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Banjo and Kazooie

• Joker
  • Monster Hunter
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Waluigi
Closest thing to Crono
Who?
Meh
Ewww

As for Arlo's:
Cool
Eww 2.0
Meh 2.0
Whatever
I couldn't finish it. Maybe because I expected a lot out of it due to how hyped up it was. The story was good from what I've played. Wasn't super deep and the characters weren't super engaging like people told me but it was fine.
Not a fan of turn based combat unless the devs make it super interesting, like Pokemon and Persona (specifically 5 because of the artstyle). Needless to say, the combat didn't do anything for me. Wasn't awful, I was just kind of bored by it. I'm not interested in the game visually either. Not to say it was bad but it just landed at that okay spot for me.
I wasn't getting anything out of the game at all, and I really wanted to. It just kind of sucked for me.
I had the exact opposite experience, I thought it couldn't be as good as people hyped it up to be and I was so, SO wrong.

But I respect your right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong it may be

Noipoi

Howdy!

this is the only acceptable dlc
Jibanyan
lol

Rate My Fighter Pass
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Yuri Lowell
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Banjo and Kazooie

• Joker
  • Monster Hunter
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Waluigi
Erdrick
Cool
Yuri Lowell
Who?
Crash
Awesome!
Banjo
Hell Yeah!
7/10

Monster Hunter
Cool
Banjo
Hell Yeah!
Crash
Awesome!
Waluigi
WAAAAAAAAALUIGI TIIIIIME!!!!!!
Waluigi/10

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Solaire is the mascot of Dark Souls and Saber is the mascot of the Fate series.
You know who Solaire is, even if you don't realize it.
He's the most popular character from the obscure indie gem "Dark Souls"
Isn't that Crash though?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Guess I'll do the bandwagon thing too, rate my list:

- Phoenix Wright
- Crono
- Celica
- Elma

I tried to be somewhat realistic with this, that's why it's not full of Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey stuff I won't complain if they want to give us full fighter passes of those series though

D

Deleted member

In all seriousness...

People can like what they like. I'm just goofin', lol. CT is my all-time favorite JRPG, but I can easily understand how someone wouldn't be as in to it. Opinions!

D

Deleted member

- Phoenix Wright
- Crono
- Celica
- Elma

I tried to be somewhat realistic with this, that's why it's not full of Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey stuff I won't complain if they want to give us full fighter passes of those series though
That's like, 1/2 of mine so **** yeah I'm in
No ya doofus! That's Mario
No, it's Cuphead!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People still think Waluigi will get in?

No one tell them about Santa.
They're just in denial. The sooner the rest of the DLC characters are revealed, the sooner they'll realize their beloved "god" ain't getting in despite having already been disconfirmed as an assist trophy...:rolleyes:

Noipoi

Howdy!
They're just in denial. The sooner the rest of the DLC characters are revealed, the sooner they'll realize their beloved "god" ain't getting in despite having already been disconfirmed as an assist trophy...:rolleyes:
Oh wow, people who like Waluigi think he's a god now huh.

Dude, just stop. I dunno what Waluigi fan pissed in your cereal but please, stop.

I really thought you were cool.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

- Phoenix Wright
- Crono
- Celica
- Elma

Yes
Sure
Yes
Yes, Please!

Overall, very great list 9/10

Now it's my turn
Rate mine... (most of them are my dream picks)

-Joker
-Slime
-Tap Trial Girl
-Steve
-Elma

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Please don't let the last appearance of Banjo & Kazooie as actual characters forever be this.

It's...just strange to think of.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rate My Fighter Pass
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Yuri Lowell
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Banjo and Kazooie

• Joker
  • Monster Hunter
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Waluigi
Hell yes
Cool
don't know jack **** about him but he's hot so yes
eh
Slightly less eh

Arlo's:
Hell yes
Cool
Slightly less eh
Eh
Not happening and if any AT should be promoted it should be Isaac tbh Waluigi is gross

RandomAce

Smash Champion
REFUSE TO GET A ****ING LAN ADAPTER DESPITE IT VASTLY IMPROVING ONLINE FOR EVERYONE AND BEING RELATIVELY CHEAP WHILE ALSO BEING USEFUL FOR A ONE-TIME PURCHASE.
Spending $20 is like buying an iPhone for a broke teen like me.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Saber would be such an awkward thing for me.

The first character in Smash to start from an Eroge(Hentai visual novel)

Not sure if I'd be cool with that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just sick of people thinking Waluigi still has a chance despite being deconfirmed appearing as an assist. That's what really irks me about this whole Waluigi thing. They don't go to as extreme lengths as other characters that were deconfirmed like Isaac and such. What makes Waluigi so special?

Like seriously. Wait until next game folks!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How dare people want a character and hope they'll make it!

Remember guys, my character is the one that will get in. They're better than yours anyway.

6ae.jpg

The need some of you feel to rag on people for liking a character is honestly really sad.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm just sick of people thinking Waluigi still has a chance despite being deconfirmed appearing as an assist. That's what really irks me about this whole Waluigi thing. They don't go to as extreme lengths as other characters that were deconfirmed like Isaac and such. What makes Waluigi so special?

Like seriously. Wait until next game folks!
The fans who see Waluigi as anything but a meme completely understand he doesn't have a shot
I love the generalizing based on people who just ride the meme wave though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom