• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I do not know why but Isabelle angers me alot. I don't know if its her fishing rod, or the fact that she's unique instead of Dark Samus or Dark Pit, or the fact that I find the "innocent shouldn't be hurt" posts on her really annoying.

or ive just spent too long playing quickplay and it's the middle of the night and im just getting cranky at everything
"innocent shouldn't be hurt"?

Bold of you to assume Isabelle can be hurt.

osby

Smash Obsessed
True, but at this point I doubt we see a second DLC character for a while. I think the next big reveal will be what Joker looks like in the game.
We got two DLC character reveals in quick succession. We can talk about them quite a while, considering we talked about freaking chairs for weeks.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I do not know why but Isabelle angers me alot. I don't know if its her fishing rod, or the fact that she's unique instead of Dark Samus or Dark Pit, or the fact that I find the "innocent shouldn't be hurt" posts on her really annoying.

or ive just spent too long playing quickplay and it's the middle of the night and im just getting cranky at everything
Dark Samus is disappointment incarnate.

Anyway, it's just the internet and how they like to "subvert expectations" by having innocent stuff be violent.
The joke's so tired, but I don't think you're going to stop seeing it ever, so get used to it. Same for Kirby.

Also, yeah, Isabelle is somehow all the most annoying parts about villager, and then some. Fishing pole and lloyd mine are a pain to get through.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Many of the player reactions I'm seeing to Isabelle after fighting her multiple times are eerily similar to how I felt about Cloud in Smash 4.

...Specifically, the rage more than a few people are displaying towards her. :lol:

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Guys, let me ask you all

Character you wanted to play the most pre-release
Character you've played the most
Character you're confident the most with so far
Character you picked up you never thought you would
Character you intended to play, but have dropped/put on hold
Veteran from a previous game you've used but aren't clicking with yet
Character you wanted to play the most pre-release :ultinkling::ultpikachu:
Character you've played the most :ultmarth::ultkirby:
Character you're confident the most with so far :ultmarth:
Character you picked up you never thought you would :ultbayonetta:
Character you intended to play, but have dropped/put on hold :ultluigi::ultmegaman:
Veteran from a previous game that you've used but aren't clicking with yet :ultkingdedede:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Dark Samus is disappointment incarnate.

Anyway, it's just the internet and how they like to "subvert expectations" by having innocent stuff be violent.
The joke's so tired, but I don't think you're going to stop seeing it ever, so get used to it. Same for Kirby.

Also, yeah, Isabelle is somehow all the most annoying parts about villager, and then some. Fishing pole and lloyd mine are a pain to get through.
My boi seems to be the exception to that "subvert expectations" trope. I rarely ever see the internet make him out to be a bad*** despite having the ability to do so...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My boi seems to be the exception to that "subvert expectations" trope. I rarely ever see the internet make him out to be a bad*** despite having the ability to do so...
Too busy with that tax fraud meme, my friend.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Committing tax fraud and sticking it to the man could be considered badass

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Many of the player reactions I'm seeing to Isabelle after fighting her multiple times are eerily similar to how I felt about Cloud in Smash 4.

...Specifically, the rage more than a few people are displaying towards her. :lol:
Isabelle is the new Cloud
K. Rool is the new Bayonetta
Inkling is the new Link
Belmont is the new Little Mac

same premise different character

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
As long as the meme doesn't get exhausted like it did with Villager in Smash 4, then by all means have your fun. A few "deadly/evil Isabelle" memes won't hurt.

Now that being said, as someone who legitimately hates the "Ron the Death Eater" trope, I really don't want to see her get that treatment too much. I'd much rather her be subjected to that trope through memes than through over the top, edgy horror fanfics, though.

___

On an unrelated note, I haven't been keeping up with speculation lately. What are some picks for the remaining four DLC characters people around here are feeling to be likely?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
On an unrelated note, I haven't been keeping up with speculation lately. What are some picks for the remaining four DLC characters people around here are feeling to be likely?
literally...
everyone.

Except anything else Atlus.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Anyone else finding themselves playing heavier characters a lot in Ultimate because of how fast they are while also dealing serious damage?

I love K Rool and Ridley, but I’m also shocked at how much I’ve been playing Bowser and Ganondorf and Ike since I didn’t too much in previous games

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Isabelle is the new Cloud
K. Rool is the new Bayonetta
Inkling is the new Link
Belmont is the new Little Mac

same premise different character
Something tells me at least a few of those comparisons will fade over time.

The game's only been out for a week, after all.

literally...
everyone.

Except anything Atlus.
Including Spongebob? :V

LetterO

Smash Lord
I think my problem with Isabelle is that she would've just done better as a VIllager echo but remove Fishing Rod/Lloyd Rocket. then make dark samus more unique

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Mostly it's the tax fraud stuff and pity over him because of the even more annoying "abusive Mario meme." Why not stuff that actually makes him cool?
I’ve said it before, but they really need to make a sequel to Yoshi Safari.

Being the star of a 1st Person shooter = instant cool dude

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyone else finding themselves playing heavier characters a lot in Ultimate because of how fast they are while also dealing serious damage?

I love K Rool and Ridley, but I’m also shocked at how much I’ve been playing Bowser and Ganondorf and Ike since I didn’t too much in previous games
I don't like playing heavies much, so I'm mostly just complaining about them. Though :ultkingdedede: is fun, I used him quiet a lot in World of Light before switching back to :ultwiifittrainer::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff:

I think my problem with Isabelle is that she would've just done better as a VIllager echo but remove Fishing Rod/Lloyd Rocket. then make dark samus more unique
I think your problem with Isabelle sounds like jealousy and "I'm bad at this match-up".

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I don't like playing heavies much, so I'm mostly just complaining about them. Though :ultkingdedede: is fun, I used him quiet a lot in World of Light before switching back to :ultwiifittrainer::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff:
Yeah heavies are insanely better in Ultimate than in previous games, to me anyway. Which could be annoying if you don’t play them lol

Also, the Puff is amazing in this game

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean yeah I'm biased and would much prefer Dark Samus have a unique moveset.
I think Metroid hardly needs four unique characters while Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing have less characters than it but hey, I'm biased, too.

D

Deleted member

So, Fire Emblem heroes...Meh, it's a mobile game.
I think Metroid hardly needs four unique characters while Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing have less characters than it but hey, I'm biased, too.
Just give me Sylux, and we're good.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I have absolutely no evidence for these characters, they are just my personal guesses, and I don't put faith in leaks, so some of them are just kind of coincidental since they seem likely enough to me.
Sora from Kingdom Hearts
A Dragon Quest character
Heihachi or Lloyd
A Nintendo character (probably Edelgard, Dixie Kong, or a Pokémon for Next Generation)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok I can see Dixie, but what other Animal Crossing character could make it as a fighter?
Don't get me wrong, I think Isabelle and Villager are perfectly fine. I just don't get why some Metroid fans are salty about Animal Crossing having a character that essentially a semi-clone when they got two characters, one is fully unique.

D

Deleted member

Don't get me wrong, I think Isabelle and Villager are perfectly fine. I just don't get why some Metroid fans are salty about Animal Crossing having a character that essentially a semi-clone when they got two characters, one is fully unique.
I'm not salty. My favorite series is practically cover in every way possible. I'm good. Sylux would be great, but I'd add only if he's the main villain of Prime 4.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
It's weird that my first thought when seeing Dark Samus be an echo for Samus was "I can't wait to see how the modders will make her more true to herself now that she's finally in" but here we are.

D

Deleted member

You know, the more I spend time investing myself in Fire Emblem, the more I'm convinced that Ike is sole highlight of the series.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's weird that my first thought when seeing Dark Samus be an echo for Samus was "I can't wait to see how the modders will make her more true to herself now that she's finally in" but here we are.
Said modders that will, of course, be banned by the ever vigilant Nintendo.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Ok I can see Dixie, but what other Animal Crossing character could make it as a fighter?
KK Slider. His attacks are all guitar related. His final smash is him smashing and breaking his guitar over someone’s head, The Who style

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know, the more I spend time investing myself in Fire Emblem, the more I'm convinced that Ike is sole highlight of the series.
I mean let's be fair here Ike is one of the rare Lords who's a protagonist in more than one game.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Ike is the best lord. There’s no drama or stupid moral bull**** where he spares all the named characters but wastes the no name grunts, he just fights for his friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom