• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But muhFireEmblemandPokemon! Gotta have more despite how many there already is!
Some series just need to be represented with more. Those two series have so many characters that people can't be satisfied with just the ones already there, and both series have a few big faces missing. Hell, people were focused on Decidueye until Verg said no.

inb4 you post something similar in the unpopular opinions thread

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
That's fine by me. Some say there are too many Pokemon, but i'm always open to more Pokemon characters. It's my favorite series, after all.
Same. Honestly I never really liked Incineroar, so having a Pokemon I actually like would be nice.

There isn't a Grovyle spirit and there's absolutely no PMD content. Just mentioning it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, i'm gonna make a prediction. The kinda prediction that has a very very low chance of happening, but if it does i'll have bragging rights for all eternity.

We will get an Undertale character. Maybe not Sans, probably Frisk. But i'm calling it right now.

I don't need you to tell me the odds, I know how unlikely this is.

Am I wrong? Probably, yeah. But remember, nothing's too crazy anymore.

We never saw it coming.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Same. Honestly I never really liked Incineroar, so having a Pokemon I actually like would be nice.

There isn't a Grovyle spirit and there's absolutely no PMD content. Just mentioning it.
Everyone working on Smash Bros. should be arrested because it's a crime to not include Primal Dialga's Fight to the Finish in the game.

YOU LISTEN TO THIS ABSOLUTE ****ING BANGER AND TELL ME THAT IT DOESN'T BELONG IN SMASH.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
But muhFireEmblemandPokemon! Gotta have more despite how many there already is!
The number of Pokemon in this game shouldn't be that big of a surprise. Especially since we have the "Everyone is Here" tagline we got back 3 Pokemon reps plus one new one. Even without Incineroar, we have 9 reps, with almost all of them being completely unique.

Plus it's Pokemon; it's the 2nd highest selling video game franchise in history (next to Mario, who also has 8 reps).

FE is more understandable. But again the "Everyone is Here" means that all 6 FE reps come back along with an additional echo. Not counting echoes, we have 5 unique FE reps, with again, almost all of them being unique (despite the stereotype given to FE).

It may seem like too much, but as long as there's some diversity between the cast, I'm fine with it.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Everyone working on Smash Bros. should be arrested because it's a crime to not include Primal Dialga's Fight to the Finish in the game.

YOU LISTEN TO THIS ABSOLUTE ****ING BANGER AND TELL ME THAT IT DOESN'T BELONG IN SMASH.
Literally the one song I wanted in besides Fight the Knight and it didn't happen. I want this song in high definition so bad

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think we're just going to have the face the fact that there is no way on earth Mario and Pokemon aren't getting at least 1 new rep every single entry.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I listen to this whenever I get in a mood. Not a bad mood or a good mood, just a mood.
It helps.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think we're just going to have the face the fact that there is no way on earth Mario and Pokemon aren't getting at least 1 new rep every single entry.
*Wario cries in the distance*

Also, um... if you ever want to share the story of your icon, I'm all ears.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
*Wario cries in the distance*

Also, um... if you ever want to share the story of your icon, I'm all ears.
You find...
a lot of interesting stuff on pixiv.
nurse.jpg
A lot of it is absolutely cursed.
But, hilarious at the same time.
Might as well lean into the pink username while I have the chance.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
*Still secretly hopes that either Sceptile or Grovyle is a DLC character instead of a Gen 8 Pokemon*
That is kinda the down-side to Pokemon's guaranteed at least one rep per game situation.
There are a lot of older Pokemon that are huge fan favorites that probably aren't getting in any time soon. If you don't like the current Pokemon chosen, you're just outta luck. However, I don't really mind it. I don't really dislike any Pokemon, and i'm always okay with whatever Sakurai chooses.

If a gen 8 Pokemon is dlc, i'll probably like it too unless it was tailor made to be everything I hate. Which is unlikely.

And hey, we Pokemon fans are lucky. We're guaranteed one character per game, unlike some other series which could have new characters but have and probably will remain untouched.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
*Still secretly hopes that either Sceptile or Grovyle is a DLC character instead of a Gen 8 Pokemon*
It wouldn't surprise me too much. The line had a large ballot presence, you would think they would at lest be given a spirit to recognise it, right? Plus the aforementioned lack of PMD content, and still slim Gen 3 content. And besides, I think a Gen 8 Pokemon is unlikely for DLC Pack one. If Rex (2017) was passed up for being too new, does a 2019 character really fare better?

Let me dream

D

Deleted member

So, are Echo Fighters now getting a bunch of hate that I missed or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom