• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think it's safe to say online is a lot better now after that patch. Played a good number of matches and they were 100% what I wanted, or at least very similar.

Shout out to the Ike player I played with (their username was plantguy69) for the hype matches. Learned a lot from them!

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Guys, let me ask you all

Character you wanted to play the most pre-release
Character you've played the most
Character you're confident the most with so far
Character you picked up you never thought you would
Character you intended to play, but have dropped/put on hold
Veteran from a previous game you've used but aren't clicking with yet
A bit late but:
Character you wanted to play the most pre-release: :ultsimon:
Character you've played the most: :ultsnake:
Character you're confident the most with so far: :ultsnake:
Character you picked up you never thought you would: :ultyounglink:
Character you intended to play, but have dropped/put on hold: :ultken:
Veteran from a previous game you've used but aren't clicking with yet: :ultike:

D

Deleted member

Splat Roller is not a good move. It is slow, easily reacted to, stupid easy to parry, and leaves you wide open.
So why am I so intimidated by it, and why do I keep getting hit by it?

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Splat Roller is not a good move. It is slow, easily reacted to, stupid easy to parry, and leaves you wide open.
It happens to all of us. I may or may not have lost twice to a Captain Falcon who only used falcon punches and smash attacks... :lol:

D

Deleted member

In fairness, it's only bad if used poorly.

It's a high risk, high reward move. If there's a proper opening for it, then it'll most likely hit, and if you're above 60%, rip.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
You know, I've been thinking about this for a bit.

There's several areas on the World of Light maps that are suspiciously completely devoid of any spirits, such as the big canyon right in front of where you get the Sheriff spirit.

Not only that, but several series have spirits for their main villains also missing, most notably Hades and Porky/Giygas.

I also doubt that the DLC newcomers will not bring new spirits alongside them.

As such, I find it highly likely that we may be getting new subareas added to WoL, likely with at least a couple new Bosses, either in coming content updates, or as DLC, separate from the Fighter's Pass content.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>check who has my highest GSP
>1.5 million with :ultdarkpit:
>****ing :ultdarkpit:

i dont even know how to play the character i just win

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Splat Roller is the best move in her moveset. Fight me.

Oh wait, you can't, you're in the ground.
Kind of random, but I don't know yet. How do end the splat roller move? Do you jump out of it, or press the special move button?

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Me with every single n00b killer in the series.

Even though everything about them is easily telegraphed I STILL have trouble against them to this day :ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultike: and now :ultkrool:

Guess I'll always be a scrub. Good thing my friends have recently gravitated back to playing with items so I can cheese a few victories.

Edit: :ultlittlemac: isn't here cuz unlike with the above mentioned, where you need to learn to bob and weave around them correctly and properly time your attacks when they're open, he stopped giving me trouble the second I learned how to shield properly. Poor Mac, I love your games buddy but Sakurai needs to give you some serious buffs.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Kind of random, but I don't know yet. How do end the splat roller move? Do you jump out of it, or press the special move button?
I usually just jump.

Actually got kind of excited cause I thought there would be a real baby picture but then there wasn't thanks for getting my gay hopes up
Nah, my face is too extreme to reveal.

I can't have you guys seeing my pitbull tooth.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do y'all think the 5 DLC characters will all be third party or will some at least be Nintendo as well? What do you think?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Do y'all think the 5 DLC characters will all be third party or will some at least be Nintendo as well? What do you think?
I think we'll get exactly 1 Nintendo character, for promotional purposes.

It's a toss up between a Three Houses Rep, a Prime 4 rep, or a Pokemon Gen 8 rep in my opinion. Those are some of their biggest games next year.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

It's a toss up between a Three Houses Rep, a Prime 4 rep, or a Pokemon Gen 8 rep in my opinion. Those are some of their biggest games next year.
I bet my money on it being Pokemon for obvious reasons.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I absolutely think that at least one of the five DLC characters is a Nintendo character.
I personally can't see an outcome where all of the newcomers are 3rd party, especially since Nintendo has a much greater influence on DLC this time.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

I hope it's from Metroid, then. I don't want a character I'll like to be the scapegoat of Smash fanbase's unrequited expectations.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'd bet that all five will be 3rd party characters. Now's the time for Sakurai to go for the few remaining "globally recognized series not already represented in Smash."

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we get one unexpected Nintendo character. I doubt we're getting a blatant promotional pick though. If it is, it'll be a case similar to Pit, wherein they represent a series revival or introduction.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright. I'm going to make another prediction that probably won't be widely agreed upon...

I do think that a character previously seen as a Spirit will get in as part of the 5 announced DLC characters.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
But muhFireEmblemandPokemon! Gotta have more despite how many there already is!
I'd be perfectly okay with a new Pokemon or a character from Three Houses.

But I don't think they are likely and I really don't want to live through another Corrin drama again.

A new Nintendo franchise would be great, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom