• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We've got 4 characters left, how would you guys feel if one of them was an SNK character?

Not Smash related, but I just realized every Nintendo direct until it's release there will be a ''THIS CHARACTER IS REVEALED" for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

And that's wild.
I hope Storm and Deadpool are back in that game. Ran a team with those two, Spider-Man and Spider-Woman in the first game. Would be nice if Venom and Green Goblin were playable again too.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Got into Elite Battles with K. Rool, woot. Time to see how garbage I truly am.
Oh yeah Sans would be okay I guess, can't see it happening though
I've got 1.5 mill with K. Rool and I still haven't unlocked Elite Smash

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
SPIDER-MAN GETS STICKY

no wait
Spider-Man Swings into Action!

Because Marvel vs Capcom 4 isn't gonna happen.

So, who do you all think is gonna get nerfed? In my opinion, K. Rool And Pikachu.
I guess whichever character is making a ton of waves. Seems like K.Rool/Chrom are among that group. Most other characters at least seem to be okay, even if they were nerfed last game.

D

Deleted member

Is matchmaking actually decent now? Heard it was better but have yet to try it myself. I only played like 5 or so matches of Background Matchmaking and only three of them were what I actually wanted before the patch.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, who do you all think is gonna get nerfed? In my opinion, K. Rool And Pikachu.
Honestly hard to say. I guess it depends on perhaps the more blatant bugs and that stuff. I'd say it's unpredictable. Whatever comes out as too unfair might get challenged, though.

It will not be Greninja however, if anyone, and I will not let anyone say that about my comrade.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hopefully no one right away. It's way too early to start doing that stuff. Let's let the meta progress a little before knee-jerking and hitting stuff with the nerf hammer.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hopefully no one right away. It's way too early to start doing that stuff. Let's let the meta progress a little before knee-jerking and hitting stuff with the nerf hammer.
Watch Bayo somehow sneak into the top results, whether the best or not, and people still beg for more nerfs. I don't know, but I can see that happening in the future for some reason.

But yeah, nerf culture sucks. Armada has a pretty good video on why that isn't a good thing, and I couldn't agree more.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Watch Bayo somehow sneak into the top results, whether the best or not, and people still beg for more nerfs. I don't know, but I can see that happening in the future for some reason.

But yeah, nerf culture sucks. Armada has a pretty good video on why that isn't a good thing, and I couldn't agree more.
For the most part I agree. I mean, no one usually wants a meta-game to only be the same 5 characters, but nerfing like crazy isn't my go-to solution.

I would rather play a game where every character is MSP good than take the top dogs down. Boosting up the weaker fighters would be more fun I think. Though I'm sure others would disagree.

So what we currently talking about?
Character Balance. Though I did ask how people would feel about an SNK character a few posts back.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hey guys i need some help.
This guy on Twitter posted this:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

"Heard from a VERY RELIABLE source that Dr. Agumon (the best character from digimon) is hidden DLC for Smash Ultimate that he datamined."

But , i don't know this guy.
Can someone help me with this info?

D

Deleted member

My thoughts exactly. These things take time, let's not jump the gun and start demanding nerfs yet.

TBH the demand for K. Rool nerfs seems a bit extreme. IMO, he's not a Bayo level god-tier, he's just an actually good heavy, and that's throwing people for a loop as that's kind of a first for this series. Only thing that might need slight adjustment is maybe tone his recovery down a little bit, but even then I'm not sure that even needs to be touched. One wrong move could ruin K. Rool, and that would be a huge shame seeing as he may possibly be the first actually good heavy in the series.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077

"Heard from a VERY RELIABLE source that Dr. Agumon (the best character from digimon) is hidden DLC for Smash Ultimate that he datamined."

>"very reliable source"

>doesn't give a name

Don't get your hopes up just yet.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

It’s a troll dude lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I agree with your points about Sans and Frisk/Chara but Sans is iconic. He is the character and if Undertale got a rep it’d be him. Or else he’d be a boss like Rathalos and there’d be no playabale character like MH
I think i’d Be more satisfied with a Sans boss then a playable Sans.

Imagine if the DLC character franchises got new spirits, and a new path in World of Light was added with those characters on it. And Sans was a boss on that path. You could even still get some Undertale tracks out of this arangement.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The game has been busted wide open already and there aren't even files for Piranha Plant and Joker, the first DLC characters we're getting. Besides, he's probably just trolling.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Whenever I see my boi I assume the person means Yoshi now so...?
It says his main is K.Rool. So I would guess him.

I need to get this game already fam. Not just Mega Man, but Ridley, Simon, Ryu and the rest all look sick.

The Prankster 16

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5261-0723-0145
Character you wanted to play the most pre-release:ultridley:
Character you've played the most:ultincineroar:
Character you're confident the most with so far:ultincineroar:
Character you picked up you never thought you would:ultincineroar:
Character you intended to play, but have dropped/put on hold:ulticeclimbers:/:ultridley:
Veteran from a previous game you've used but aren't clicking with yet :ulticeclimbers:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

You gotta stop instantly believing anyone who says Agumon is in.

Especially if they claim he’s received a doctorate.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hehehe, maybe I should make that word proprietary :yoshi:
Maybe you should just say Yoshi like a normal person.

It says his main is K.Rool. So I would guess him.

I need to get this game already fam. Not just Mega Man, but Ridley, Simon, Ryu and the rest all look sick.
Well they should just say the characters names cause frankly they sound dumb otherwise.

Also I’m not really a fan of Mega Man. He’s one of the least fun third party characters in Smash.

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
The game has been busted wide open already and there aren't even files for Piranha Plant and Joker, the first DLC characters we're getting. Besides, he's probably just trolling.
speaking of busting the game open, have the files for the latest patch been looked through for anything interesting? i haven't been on here in the past couple days since before the patch dropped so i wouldn't know if the patch files were looked through already lol

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

It's just a joke.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe you should just say Yoshi like a normal person.

Well they should just say the characters names cause frankly they sound dumb otherwise.

Also I’m not really a fan of Mega Man. He’s one of the least fun third party characters in Smash.
I already main him in Smash 4, so I've got a gist of how he plays. Personally I really like his moveset. He looks a little bit faster this time(better forward air especially), and is still fairly heavy. Though when using Ike as my secondary in that game, I gotta remember I can't wear people down with projectiles.

I'm gonna try out other characters too. Though that's an issue with really large rosters, they have so many cool characters you gotta pick and choose how far you want to spread yourself out while still trying to get decent with a set of 2 or 3 characters.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
After putting in a gazillion ours in with my main in Ultimate, I think I can safely say:

God, I wish I had a normal fsmash.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I already main him in Smash 4, so I've got a gist of how he plays. Personally I really like his moveset. He looks a little bit faster this time(better forward air especially), and is still fairly heavy. Though when using Ike as my secondary in that game, I gotta remember I can't wear people down with projectiles.

I'm gonna try out other characters too. Though that's an issue with really large rosters, they have so many cool characters you gotta pick and choose how far you want to spread yourself out while still trying to get decent with a set of 2 or 3 characters.
Yeah I’ve been trying to stick to 5ish characters but they’re (almost) all really fun!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
After putting in a gazillion ours in with my main in Ultimate, I think I can safely say:

God, I wish I had a normal fsmash.
You still main Ike right? Is the overhead swing messing you up? Moves like that can be a bit easier to read and avoid compared to something like Ryu's Boot or even Mega Man's Charge shot if you don't pay attention to the distance.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Before Ultimate dropped I played Smash 3DS one last time online and actually won most of my matches in Team Battle, not only that, but in most matches I was the MVP. Though there were 2 or 3 matches I screwed up, I had like 7 or 8 I did damn well in.

One thing that is a bit of a shame, is that we don't have a lot of music from Assist characters. I can understand why, as they are unlikely to get any stages associated with them. I'm mostly saying this because I was just listening to some Bomberman Hero stuff. And that OST is top tier. Not to mention Shovel Knight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom