• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All this talk about another AC character, but not one shooter for Tom Nook? Aight.

KK Slider at least makes sense though.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know he only appears in one game, but for the longest time, the Metroid rep I was rooting for was this guy right here:

D762C524-B660-4487-91B1-E9BD698E9E8A.png

Don't get me wrong, I think Isabelle and Villager are perfectly fine. I just don't get why some Metroid fans are salty about Animal Crossing having a character that essentially a semi-clone when they got two characters, one is fully unique.
I mean Metroid has more games than AC, and seeing Dark Samus’s boss battles as well as it’s assist trophy in the last game, it had the potential to be just as much of a semi-clone if not more unique than Isabelle, so I can’t really fault them.

KK Slider. His attacks are all guitar related. His final smash is him smashing and breaking his guitar over someone’s head, The Who style
All this talk about another AC character, but not one shooter for Tom Nook? Aight.

KK Slider at least makes sense though.
I’m gonna need to see full movesets for both to be convinced.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
That's gonna be my first Animal Crossing game, actually.

Hope it's good.
Animal Crossing is fun. You can take a break from real life and try to pay off your debt, make and sustain relationships, and do odd jobs to pay the bills.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean Metroid has more games than AC, and seeing Dark Samus’s boss battles as well as it’s assist trophy in the last game, it had the potential to be just as much of a semi-clone if not more unique than Isabelle, so I can’t really fault them.
  1. Animal Crossing sold much more than Metroid
  2. "Potential" doesn't translate "have to be prioritized as a unique character"
  3. Dark Samus is pretty much dead in her own series, while Isabelle is growing in popularity
  4. This is petty jealousy no matter how you look at it

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know, the more I spend time investing myself in Fire Emblem, the more I'm convinced that Ike is sole highlight of the series.
I mean, Ike's pretty damn cool. You can only go down from there. He's also the only FE protagonist with guns.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know he only appears in one game, but for the longest time, the Metroid rep I was rooting for was this guy right here:

View attachment 183039

I’m gonna need to see full movesets for both to be convinced.
Rundas is a bro. He's even voiced by Chris Sabat. I really wish his theme was in the game.

As for AC, I'm not a fan of the series, but I guess Nook could have his whole moveset based on building stuff on the stage. I feel bad the guy got usurped as the central mascot of the games though.

D

Deleted member

I mean, Ike's pretty damn cool. You can only go down from there. He's also the only FE protagonist with guns.
Yeah, Ike's pretty much the only FE lord I like. Hector is cool too. Everyone else...meh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Ike and Tellius games are the sacred cows of the Fire Emblem franchise, after all.
For me, Path of Radiance is my favorite FE game.

And Radiant Dawn is at the bottom of the list. There’s a line between challenging and unfair that it crosses one too many times

D

Deleted member

For me, Path of Radiance is my favorite FE game.

And Radiant Dawn is at the bottom of the list. There’s a line between challenging and unfair that it crosses one too many times
I like both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Probably the latter more than the former. I don't think I need to say what my least favorite FE games are lol.

NineS

Smash Lord
He’s busy getting ready for Animal Crossing on the Nintendo Switch!

And having an existential breakdown
Did somebody say existential breakdown?!
Because if so, then I'm not your guy. I just make existential crisis-es more confusing. Because I am living one 24/7.
For example, Free Will cannot co-exist with the fatalistic view of pre-destined occurences or the idea of an all-knowing being .
I'm not helping, am I?

Sounds...adorable...
You think that's cute? Oh man, just wait until you hear about Isabelle committing tax evasion! She's done it!
Isn't that just the cutest thing?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I like both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Probably the latter more than the former. I don't think I need to say what my least favorite FE games are lol.
I gotta rate em.

Path of Radiance > Awakening > Fire Emblem > Shadows of Valentia > Fates > Shadow Dragon > Radiant Dawn

Haven’t played the rest. Well expect Warriors and Heroes, but not counting those

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Did somebody say existential breakdown?!
Because if so, then I'm not your guy. I just make existential crisis-es more confusing. Because I am living one 24/7.
For example, Free Will cannot co-exist with the fatalistic view of pre-destined occurences or the idea of an all-knowing being .
I'm not helping, am I?
92CD6E94-C7C3-40C8-9BE8-A223F70DDE84.png

Not really.

You think that's cute? Oh man, just wait until you hear about Isabelle committing tax evasion! She's done it!
FA81314D-3A61-4097-8EB6-D88CA7EAEAD1.jpeg

I refer you to my previous message.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Fire Emblem, I just tired out Heroes today. It's...eh? Maybe it's just me, but I feel like you don't receive enough orbs.

I will say this though, the Book 3 lady looks super hot.

Freaking *whistle*, laddies.
I gotta rate em.

Path of Radiance > Awakening > Fire Emblem > Shadows of Valentia > Fates > Shadow Dragon > Radiant Dawn

Haven’t played the rest. Well expect Warriors and Heroes, but not counting those
It goes like this for me: Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn > Blazing Sword > Sacred Stones > Echoes Shadows of Valentia > Binding Blade > Awakening & Fates.
So she and Yoshi are partners in crime?

NineS

Smash Lord
So she and Yoshi are partners in crime?
Even better!
She commited tax fraud and framed Yoshi for it.

The truth is, Yoshi is innocent. Isabelle is the true evil mastermind.

Where's that girl's waist? I can't see it.
Likely wherever her right hand is, because I also don't see it.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I’ve said it before, but they really need to make a sequel to Yoshi Safari.

Being the star of a 1st Person shooter = instant cool dude
But Yoshi as the protagonist. I didn't like the fact that Mario hijacked his own game and neither did Shiggy himself...

Plus, he packed heat before...

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Even better!
She commited tax fraud and framed Yoshi for it.

The truth is, Yoshi is innocent. Isabelle is the true evil mastermind.

Likely wherever her right hand is, because I also don't see it.
Lol I'm just saying. She'd be considered very much underweight in reality.

Though at least she doesn't have humongous breasts like some designers and artists like to press onto toothpicks. That's kinda realistic

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Though at least she doesn't have humongous breasts like some designers and artists like to press onto toothpicks. That's kinda realistic
Well **** man, in reality Yoshi would be a terrifying scaly skin boggly-eyed malformed lizard but here he's a cartoon dinosaur.

Shroob

Sup?
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon

Soooo, remember when I said that if there was going to be a BIG boon to Hitagi's credentials, it'd be either in March or December due to Granblue's bi-yearly conventions?

Yeah, they just announced the Arksys Granblue Fighting Game, which Hitagi called.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I will say this though, the Book 3 lady looks super hot.

Freaking *whistle*, laddies.
Don't know about hot, but that's how you make a monochromatic character design.

And while we are on the topic of hotness, I admire Ike's design change in Radiant Dawn. Other changes, not so much.

D

Deleted member

I like her hair. I did chicks with long hair. Also her chest.
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon

Soooo, remember when I said that if there was going to be a BIG boon to Hitagi's credentials, it'd be either in March or December due to Granblue's bi-yearly conventions?

Yeah, they just announced the Arksys Fighting Game, which Hitagi called.
You BS-ing us right now?

Shroob

Sup?
I like her hair. I did chicks with long hair. Also her chest.

You BS-ing us right now?
Nope, I play Granblue Fantasy almost daily and am tuning into GranFES, their yearly December stream.

It's a 2d Fighting Game done in the same style as the newest Guilty Gear.

Hitagi called that ****.

Double K

Smash Lord
So the Cygames stream for Granblue Fantasy is going on and they just announced one of the things Hitagi leaked ages ago, which was a Granblue Fantasy fighting game with ArcSys Works

So this might make Hitagi a bit more credible

NineS

Smash Lord
Well **** man, in reality Yoshi would be a terrifying scaly skin boggly-eyed malformed lizard but here he's a cartoon dinosaur.
Please, do not remind me of real Yoshi.

Some things must be forgotten.

So the Cygames stream for Granblue Fantasy is going on and they just announced one of the things Hitagi leaked ages ago, which was a Granblue Fantasy fighting game with ArcSys Works

So this might make Hitagi a bit more credible
Hitagi has always been credible. They have a fairly good track record, at least when it comes to leaking games themselves from what I know.
We just don't know how credible they are in terms of Smash, but I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt, and not simply because of Vergeben.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Awesome, Hitagi's legit.
What's he called so far that he's still confidentish on?

Also, link to the announcement? I'm always down for another arcsys game.

Shroob

Sup?
Awesome, Hitagi's legit.

It was literally just shown on the japanese stream, so give it a bit unless you want a link to the livestream itself.

NineS

Smash Lord
Awesome, Hitagi's legit.

Still a 403 at the moment, but it will be fixed later.
Platforms yet to be announced I believe.
2D fighter on Unreal Engine.
It's called Granblue Fantasy Versus
Coming 2019

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So at this point, to me at least, it's VERY obvious Hitagi has some kind of source from within Cygames itself.

However, he went back on his Steve and Katalina claims, while being right on everything else, including now two games that had yet to be revealed.

D

Deleted member

Welp, looks like Hitagi got that Granblue fighting game right. Good on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom