• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Honestly, it will probably take a year to a year and a half for Smashboards to make an official tier list...
With how big the roster is and the fact that all dlc characters are unreleased, I could honestly see it taking a bit longer than that.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Oh hey, someone else I remember. Anyway, I love how the ICs might end up having one of the most destructive combo games out of the entire roster, and then this happens to be a thing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
not accurate
gives a good idea

Oh hey, someone else I remember. Anyway, I love how the ICs might end up having one of the most destructive combo games out of the entire roster, and then this happens to be a thing.
that's some 4D chess right there
Dragon Ball Z level speed

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

This is why most characters are Mr. Solo Dolo.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm actually disturbed at how he just randomly decides to come back from the dead like that. If that ever happens in bracket...
Every time I watch it it gets funnier

The pro level interdimensional desynchs have arrived

"IF YOU WON'T LET ME WOBBLE I'LL JUST ASCEND TO GODHOOD"

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

*evilly wrings hands*

Iridium

Smash Hero

*evilly wrings hands*
Deserves it after getting shafted in Smash 4. Link is doing pretty good himself, but this is something else.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Ok i will explain it for you...

The event hubs tier list isn't accurate in the sense of the matchups have been tested time abd tine again to objectively determine who comes out on top, but it does give a good idea of who has benefited the most from the new mechanics and who hasn't so we can reasonably say ok this fighter is pretty good.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

*evilly wrings hands*
Says the man who whined about Sakurai ruining "my boi" months prior.

D

Deleted member

Heavily considering making Yoshi a secondary. He's so much fun to play!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

The event hubs tier list isn't accurate in the sense of the matchups have been tested time abd tine again to objectively determine who comes out on top, but it does give a good idea of who has benefited the most from the new mechanics and who hasn't so we can reasonably say ok this fighter is pretty good.
Not even.

Eventhubs is complete trash and has absolutely no worthy data to pull from.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd far sooner listen to the advice of one man who's really good at the game than a collective consciousness of idiots who have probably yet to play the game online.

D

Deleted member

One hit and Chrom is dead Jeeez.... :4pacman:
Tbf, I used to think that Chrom would be bottom tier bc of that ****e recovery, but after seeing the crazy bs he can do on yhe ground I think he's solid high-midtier or low-hightier

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's highly respected by the fighting games community but sure each to their own.
HAHAHAHAHAA

No.
In every single FG community I've been to, those tier lists have been lauded and laughed at, and for good reason.
Eventhubs is a great place if you're looking for fighting game news, not tier lists.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

It's highly respected by the fighting games community but sure each to their own.
the king dedede laughing gif but again this time

HAHAHAHAHAA

No.
In every single FG community I've been to, those tier lists have been lauded and laughed at, and for good reason.
Eventhubs is a great place if you're looking for fighting game news, not tier lists.
when we making a tier list tier list

WaxPython

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHAHAA

No.
Anecdotes are a fallacy during debates because of confirmation bias, if everyone thought nothing of their tier lists they wouldn't be so popular and they would have stopped making them long ago. The data is completely sound.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay, I can't find any good information on this;

What's the actual difference between the Paperback and Hardcover Smash Ultimate guides? Namely, I have to choose one. Is the Hardcover worth it?

D

Deleted member

On the topic of competitive, I honestly don't have much faith for Ultimate's comp scene. And this is coming from someone who found some hype moments in Smash For.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
On the topic of competitive, I honestly don't have much faith for Ultimate's comp scene. And this is coming from someone who found some hype moments in Smash For.
Don't see how it could be worse. Aside from adding several mechanics that the competitve scene had been begging for, the game moves along so much faster than Smash 4, meaning that it's easier for people to stay invested in watching the match.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anecdotes are a fallacy during debates because of confirmation bias, if everyone thought nothing of their tier lists they wouldn't be so popular and they would have stopped making them long ago. The data is completely sound.
Personal experience from a decade's worth of fighting games is better than just pulling data from my ass and saying "this is how it is" with nothing to back it up. Look on any subreddit or forum for any fighting game community and say that eventhubs tier lists are valuable right now and I'll guarantee you'll be laughed at.

You see the data isn't meant to be an accurate indicator of character strength like a tier list.

It's a popularity contest that shifts with the voter tendencies and its own recency bias. There's a reason why community voted tier lists aren't exactly ever accurate, valued, or ever given any sort of serious consideration.
It's about on the same level or worse than a community reddit, Smashboards, or gamefaqs tier list.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Watch the Nintendo execs choosing the DLC characters to completely disregard any financial or promotional angle and just choose characters they think are cool like the fanboys I’m sure they are.
I mean, they picked Joker.

I doubt they really care that much, and with people hearing about Lloyd and Yuri, y’know, Tales of characters... I dead forgot that Nintendo was apparently in charge.

I think they’re just looking for fun characters to add to the roster, with some character that fans will like. They probably have some caution of who to add since they do need to sell well, but I doubt it’s as overblown as people make it out to be. (Except maybe for the SE character).

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Personal experience from a decade's worth of fighting games is better than just pulling data from my *** and saying "this is how it is" with nothing to back it up. Look on any subreddit or forum for any fighting game community and say that eventhubs tier lists are valuable right now and I'll guarantee you'll be laughed at.

You see the data isn't meant to be an accurate indicator of character strength like a tier list.

It's a popularity contest that shifts with the voter tendencies and its own recency bias. There's a reason why community voted tier lists aren't exactly ever accurate, valued, or ever given any sort of serious consideration.
It's about on the same level or worse than a community reddit, Smashboards, or gamefaqs tier list.
Ah, so I should be putting Eventhubs, reddit, smashboards, and gamefaqs on the same tier then. F tier, probably.

Who wants to take a vote? :denzel:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom