• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I’d honestly take the Grinch over a literal Who like Cindy Lou.

Oh wait.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Love how people are using the partner Pikachu spirit to say spirits don't deconfirm, even though it's a varient on a fighter and not an actual fighter. At this point Sakurai should just flat out say spirits deconfirm/don't deconfirm, because this is ridiculous
It can still be either way, but because of the absence of a Piranha Plant spirit, I'm more of the idea that they deconfirm; but I'm not fully convinced yet, we need more informations.

Partner Pikachu/Eevee are just like Meta Ridley and similar, they don't confirm/deconfirm anything.
The only interesting thing is that more spirits can be added later, meaning that the missing spirits don't necessarily mean that they will become fighters.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
God, I wish the Grinch leak never existed cause let’s be honest, how many Geno/Banjo/Shadow/Isaac fans would’ve kept their expections in check and got prepared for the Box Theory without some psychopath screwing with the community?

Atleast, the Mach Rider and Chorus Kids support will probably be higher because of it.

And people can’t really argue about there being 7 more base characters in the Grinch leak if we’re getting 6 characters from DLC anyway.:troll:

And yes, I was 100% Team Real....

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Man, I can't believe popular characters got into this game. Also, why did Sakurai ignore how popular Character X is?

Iridium

Smash Hero
I also just thought of a time-wasting idea. A stamina match with 999 HP and 99 stocks on Temple. I think I'll try this and waste 5 (7?) hours on nothing (if I make it).

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm still on a more balanced view on the Spirits deconfirm. I think it's at least unlikely we get a character who is a Spirit in the Fighter pass. So if the Fighter Pass is all we're getting in terms of DLC characters. Then yes Spirits do technically "deconfirm".

But I would find that the tight spots and Sakurai wanting to finally take a break (If that wasn't just a bit of a joke on Sakurai's part during the direct. I do think he deserves a break, don't get me wrong, and will gladly accept it if he wants to end character DLC after the Fighter Pass is finished, but Sakurai's been known to be a workaholic. If he's commissioned to make more, he'll do it) would have more to do with not putting a character in then them being a Spirit would. That said I will still hope we do get a current Spirit get in the Fighter Pass anyhow to kill that thought off.

But if we get more characters beyond the Fighter Pass. I'd find it hard pressed to think choices will remain that limited. Even if it's just echoes after/outside the Fighter Pass. Sprits not being characters are understandable since they had the Base game set and the 5 that will be coming currently all have been decided prior to the game's release. But when characters are 100% planned and added after the game has been released? I just wouldn't believe their status as a Spirit limits them from being a choice.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Eh, I'll have to destroy every Isabelle main as my mission. I still don't like her, but I won't stop anyone else, though.
Then it shall be my mission to one day randomly find you online and teach you the true power of Isabelle.

:ultisabelle::ultisabelle::ultisabelle:

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Looks like I need to actually play this now. Hopefully he comes to the NA version of the game pretty fast.

This makes me sad though as he likely won't get in to Smash. ;_;

LeakyPanda is going to be right and we're getting a DQ character at the VGAs. One of the worst timelines.
DON’T. LOSE. HOPE.

D

Deleted member

Looks like I need to actually play this now. Hopefully he comes to the NA version of the game pretty fast.

LeakyPanda is going to be right and we're getting a DQ character at the VGAs. One of the worst timelines.
Based LeakyPandy leaking the Square character before anybody else.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

How nice of leaky to claim that there will be DQ character at VGA when we don't know who mysterious square enix rep was.

Don't stop hoping, sora fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom