• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk or buttermilk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
I think it was more than 1/2 teaspoon of salt. I think it was more like 10.4 million megatons of salt

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
(What was in the Grinch Leak)
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk or buttermilk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
It was a lot like a fast food ad. What you got tasted good, but looked nowhere as good as what was advertised, and what was actually in the advertisement wasn't edible.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hah! Living Room’s Battlefield form is great.

I like how they used the building blocks as the main platform.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Uh, if you want it.

This guy on Reddit made an Ultimate manual for imgur, and it's printable too. I mean, the move list and strategy guides are there, but this looks mostly okay.
They confirmed where Dark Pit actually belongs.

The character order goes from :ultshulk: -> :ultdarkpit: -> :ultbowserjr:. Meaning that Dark Pit was supposed to be a secret unlockable and wasn’t actually meant to be teased from Palutena’s Trailer.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
It was a lot like a fast food ad. What you got tasted good, but looked nowhere as good as what was advertised, and what was actually in the advertisement wasn't edible.
it was a pancake recipe that I just copied and pasted but now I'm wondering why they are putting salt in pancakes

is it you Akechi

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
Where th did the Grinch leak come from and why was it convincing? It seems so unbelievable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The character order goes from :ultshulk: -> :ultdarkpit: -> :ultbowserjr:. Meaning that Dark Pit was supposed to be a secret unlockable and wasn’t actually meant to be teased from Palutena’s Trailer.
I feel so vindicated lol.

Edit: Wait, never mind. The guide is fan made.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Where th did the Grinch leak come from and why was it convincing? It seems so unbelievable.
Complementary evidence and big amount of details.
There were names attached to it, giving it credibility.
There were details confirming it was a proffisional advertisement work.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You know, for as absolutely fantastic as the music selection is this time around, there's one series where it bums me out: the Punch-Out!! music selection.

Like, not getting new remixes I can understand, but can we at least get some of the fight themes for the other boxers? Glass Joe, Aran Ryan, Soda Popinski, Super Macho Man, and Von Kaiser have some great ones.
If you think THAT's bad Star Fox had four new games (Zero, Guard, Star Fox 2, and StarLink) to choose music from. We got nothing except two tracks from Zero I think.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I still don’t see how anyone could’ve thought the grinch leak was real. It had way to many characters to be revealed in literally one direct. And Banjo would’ve been way to good to be true anyway. I mean, some characters from leak were technically there, just maybe not as we hoped (assists)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Considering how we had a poll with 800 participants and roughly 70% thought the Grinch leak was real, more than a few people were expecting Geno and Banjo November 1st.

I was Team Fake, but even I have admit that there were points where I wasn't sure if it was real or not. The work looked professional, and it had a very convincing story to tie in with it. Very few can look back and proudly state that they never believed it for a minute.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
I still don’t see how anyone could’ve thought the grinch leak was real. It had way to many characters to be revealed in literally one direct. And Banjo would’ve been way to good to be true anyway. I mean, some characters from leak were technically there, just maybe not as we hoped (assists)
40 minute direct was looking good on paper.
When compared to the rate of reveals from the august direct, it could fit easily.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just woke up in a cold sweat from an incredibly vivid dream that Devilish Kawashima was one of the fighter pack fighters and he played exactly like an E-rated version of Omega Tiger Woods of MUGEN/Saltybet fame.

Smash has taken over my life completely. This is the second time in as many days I've had DLC dreams. If any of them prove to be real I'll apply to be a prophet.
oh god, I love Omega Tiger Woods

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Considering how we had a poll with 800 participants and roughly 70% thought the Grinch leak was real, more than a few people were expecting Geno and Banjo November 1st.

I was Team Fake, but even I have admit that there were points where I wasn't sure if it was real or not. The work looked professional, and it had a very convincing story to tie in with it. Very few can look back and proudly state that they never believed it for a minute.
Me :happysheep:
I went from 100% fake to 99% fake/1% fake but based on real informations, for a couple of hours, then I returned on 100% fake.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You know, for as absolutely fantastic as the music selection is this time around, there's one series where it bums me out: the Punch-Out!! music selection.

Like, not getting new remixes I can understand, but can we at least get some of the fight themes for the other boxers? Glass Joe, Aran Ryan, Soda Popinski, Super Macho Man, and Von Kaiser have some great ones.
Just imagine playing a round of Smash, with this music playing in the background... Glorious

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Complementary evidence and big amount of details.
There were names attached to it, giving it credibility.
There were details confirming it was a proffisional professional advertisement work.
It obviously wasn't confirmed to be professional advertising work because, you know, it was fake.

It was the efforts of one psychotic fan (mariotehplumber) to screw with the entire community. I would typically never say this out of respect to those with mental disorders, but the term "never underestimate weaponized autism" applies well to the scenario.

Hello, I thought it was fake for a large majority of that speculation period and was mocked for it. Even as someone who supported box theory and was used to be targeted for it it was bad. Multiple people here were put on my ignore list because I couldn't deal with the immaturity expressed by them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I ain’t gonna fault anybody for believing the grinch leak. It definitely had a lot of small things pointing towards it at the time depending on your perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I ain’t gonna fault anybody for believing the grinch leak. It definitely had a lot of small things pointing towards it at the time depending on your perspective.
I didn't think it was real, because no Incineroar. But i was REALLY hoping that whoever made it had gotten lucky and just happened to get the characters right by accident.

beans

Smash Lord
It obviously wasn't confirmed to be professional advertising work because, you know, it was fake.

It was the efforts of one psychotic fan (mariotehplumber) to screw with the entire community. I would typically never say this out of respect to those with mental disorders, but the term "never underestimate weaponized autism" applies well to the scenario.
I didnt mean it as a confirmed work to be used, but I get where comes the misunderstanding.
The details like the commands for printing and mock-ups made it look real to me.

And I understand to never underestimate someone with tons of free time, but still, if we start doubting something because it can always be a fake then we should doubt everything.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I can't blame anyone for looking into the massive amounts of evidence that sprung up in its favour, but 8(?) new characters left unrevealed in a game where Sakurai explicitly said every fighter was going to be revealed pre-release should probably have given people more pause.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It definitely helped that it had a lot of highly requested characters involved...
You're saying it like this fandom is more than ready to believe any leak involving their favorite character and easily discards the ones that they don't like.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman

Hello, I thought it was fake for a large majority of that speculation period and was mocked for it. Even as someone who supported box theory and was used to be targeted for it it was bad. Multiple people here were put on my ignore list because I couldn't deal with the immaturity expressed by them.
Are we sure he was responsible for it? I wouldn't put it past him and he definitely could've, but literally any random asshat on the Internet could've claimed this.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I didnt mean it as a confirmed work to be used, but I get where comes the misunderstanding.
The details like the commands for printing and mock-ups made it look real to me.

And I understand to never underestimate someone with tons of free time, but still, if we start doubting something because it can always be a fake then we should doubt everything.
Guys. I don't think the directs were real. That was just an elaborate fake with a Sakurai lookalike. No game is coming because it's not real. It's the Grinch Leak all over again.

Man, that Harada tweet really came out at the worst time didn’t it?
What Harada Tweet?

beans

Smash Lord
Are we sure he was responsible for it? I wouldn't put it past him and he definitely could've, but literally any random ****** on the Internet could've claimed this.
He implied something would happen at a set date.
That date was the grinch leak date.
Also he has resources for it, he bought ****tons of Rosalina amiibo cause he dint want her fans to buy it.

D

Deleted member

What Harada Tweet?
During the peak of the grinch leak, Harada replied to someone on twitter saying that in order to prevent Tekken characters leaking, he sent different bits of info to different divisions to catch people out, essentially using leaker-bait. Harada works at Bamco. You can probably see where this was going.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh, by the way, EVERYONE here should bite the bullet and accept that we're not getting a character trailer at the Game Awards, there's no way they can make a model and moves to show off in that amount of time
but I haven’t thought of any Smash announcements for the GAs... an I still bite a bullet?
Goku's ****ing garbage and shouldn't of been made
no
He's coming
thought Goku was fighting Goku Black or Gogeta...or just another Goku
Hah! Living Room’s Battlefield form is great.

I like how they used the building blocks as the main platform.
Living Room is always great

tbf, some thought he was an alt, some thought he was a clone or unique fighter, some thought he was a boss, some thought he was an AT character...so it confirms nothing about his fated placement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom