• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
People need to understand that DLC isn't gonna be characters that absolutely will sell, it's gonna be what Nintendo THINKS is going to sell.
That could give a lot of passes to certain characters. But I think that we need to see what happens at the VGA’s to really try to speculate what will go on

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
why are we assuming that Nintendo will pick characters for money? I'm just curious.
Because Nintendo are a business, and businesses like money.

DLC is all about making that extra bit of cash post release. It's not for the love of the game or anything.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
The first part is subjective. I personally never really cared for him. As for the second one, I don't think he's a worldwide icon, maybe just a Brawl icon
well lets look at the facts

Duon:
in smash brothers brawl
made by sakurai
supports bisexuals

Leonardo Da Vinci:
never been in smash
literally who are his parents
never showed support for bi people, possibly a homophobe

Duon is much more popular than Leonardo Da Vinci. Therefore, more of a worldwide icon.
Just facts, dude

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
>DS exists
>Wii exists
>3DS exists
>Switch exists

I’m pretty sure Nintendo usually has a good sense of what will sell.
So your telling me to brace myself for one pick I'm not going to like? Is it ok if I get a pick that someone else wouldn't like instead? I'd really prefer that.

D

Deleted member

Not saying this to be funny, but Ive got no idea who Duon is.
That just demonstrates how iconic he is. His image is so engaged in your mind and has become such a fundamental aspect of life that his mere name is not enough to bring him to your memory.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

DLC is all about making that extra bit of cash post release. It's not for the love of the game or anything.
I agree. The love of the game was the base game

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
But a really good thing that came out smash ulitmate is the salt i still can't believe the Grinch leak is fake and the Isabelle reveal made people mad meanwhile i was happy

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Duon:
in smash brothers brawl
made by sakurai
supports bisexuals

Leonardo Da Vinci:
never been in smash

Duon is much more popular than Leonardo Da Vinci. Therefore, more of a worldwide icon.
Just facts, dude
Ah yes, but of course. Didn't Leonardo Da Vinci run that pizza shop down the street a few years ago?

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
why are we assuming that Nintendo will pick characters for money? I'm just curious.
The stuff that's the most popular brings in the most money. It's not automatically evil. Making your game suck unless people pop quarters in it like an arcade now THAT is evil.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice

Duon:
in smash brothers brawl
made by sakurai
supports bisexuals

Leonardo Da Vinci:
never been in smash

Just facts, dude
I mean, if we're talking Da Vinci...

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
But a really good thing that came out smash ulitmate is the salt i still can't believe the Grinch leak is fake and the Isabelle reveal made people mad meanwhile i was happy
Isabelle's inclusion was the greatest thing to happen in Smash history, and she will be sung of for ages

kirbsmash

Smash Champion

You got me there. I was just curious. Also,
WE GOT TO HAVE......MONEY/notsorry.com

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I heavily follow FF Brave Exvius (been playing since release) and I can tell you that the game was known to have collabs with everything and the fact that the FF BE playerbase have literally been begging Square and Gumi for a Kingdom Hearts collab for months. Not to mention that Square-Enix heavily milk the Global playerbase vs the Japanese playerbase by nerfing gacha rates and making other anti-consumer changes on the global version. Disney has the rights but they would pretty foolish to stir anger with the company that makes the games not to mention getting a cut of the pie.

They made 3 Million in one day alone when the Nier Automata banner hit. in Brave Exvius. They want money.
I follow the game too don't worry my man. I'm a big SE nerd here. But the point wasn't that it won't make money! The point was that you can apply the same for Smash Bros-

If money is the leading factor, it would be stupid to not go for Sora or Sephiroth on that list of 7 for Exemple :bobomb:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I follow the game too don't worry my man. I'm a big SE nerd here. But the point wasn't that it won't make money! The point was that you can apply the same for Smash Bros-

If money is the leading factor, it would be stupid to not go for Sora or Sephiroth on that list of 7 for Exemple :bobomb:
Sora would get the sales, sure, but I feel like the price to pay (literally) to get Sora in wouldn't be worth the reward

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Since money only comes from popularity and we wanted the popular choice, we rest our case, your honor.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
I think chracther choice is based off two factors how popular they are and how much money they make

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, for as absolutely fantastic as the music selection is this time around, there's one series where it bums me out: the Punch-Out!! music selection.

Like, not getting new remixes I can understand, but can we at least get some of the fight themes for the other boxers? Glass Joe, Aran Ryan, Soda Popinski, Super Macho Man, and Von Kaiser have some great ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom