• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ok hear me out lads.
Duon is going to be announced as the first DLC character at TGA
Let’s look at the evidence shall we?
-despite having a spirit, he’s the only OC brawl boss to not have a completely new render for this game. Clearly this is future-proofing cause they know they’re gonna give Duon a new render when he becomes playable

-debuted in Smash Bros Brawl, the best selling fighting game OF ALL TIME. This gives Duon incredible iconicity. Y’know, the exact type of character that would be announced at TGA.

-would be a surprising choice, as the smash fan base is far too blind to see Duon coming. Except for me of course

-in this very same game, Ridley, a former boss, has been made playable. It would make sense for this trend to continue with DLC.

-wouldn’t it make sense for the first fully playable smash OC to become playable in the ULTIMATE smash game?

You may laugh at me now, dismissing my genius as crazed ramblings, but you’ll see. You’ll all see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
They don't know jack **** about dlc. I'm sorry, but you can come at me with "B-but verge correct with everything" he was correct on base game ****, and I'm almost positive he knows nothing about dlc
Why would Vergeben not know about DLC? It was planned while the base game was in development.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Ok hear me out lads.
-despite having a spirit, he’s the only OC brawl boss to not have a completely new render for this game. Clearly this is future-proofing cause they know they’re gonna give Duon a new render when he becomes playable
-debuted in Smash Bros Brawl, the best selling fighting game OF ALL TIME. This gives Duon incredible iconicity. Y’know, the exact type of character that would be announced at TGA.
-would be a surprising choice, as the smash fan base is far too blind to see Duon coming. Except for me of course
-in this very same game, Ridley, a former boss, has been made playable. It would make sense for this trend to continue with DLC.
-wouldn’t it make sense for the first fully playable smash OC to become playable in the ULTIMATE smash game?

You may laugh at me now, dismissing my genius as crazed ramblings, but you’ll see. You’ll all see.
Let this stand as proof that we can justify pretty much any character as a lock if we really try.

D

Deleted member

Ok hear me out lads.

Duon should come with a remake of Poké Floats.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Uh- So I just learned that Sora will jump into another crossover with this time Brave Exivus Final Fantasy-
Hopefully, him appearing in more and more crossover will lead one day at his inclusion into smash

What's interesting is that, he will join the Bravely Default cast, Nier Automata Cast as guest for that game alongside well...basically every Final Fantasy characters.
Nice.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
That doesn't really inspire much confidence TBH. Especially if he's calling the plant a "must-have".
Again, he's probably overselling it, but if the rest of the characters are similar to PP (not expected by a majority of fans) I wouldn't be upset. I'd prefer that to going down a checklist and adding Rex, Spring Man, Eldegaurd, and any other super obvious newcomer.

Corrin 2.
Now with extended victory quotes.

"Good. I won."
"Well, I won"
"I won. I won."

D

Deleted member

Why would Vergeben not know about DLC? It was planned while the base game was in development.
Vergeben isn’t an insider.
He only has connections to actual ones, and shares the stuff heard from them.

He could be compared to a Link Cable: he connects us to the insiders.

D

Deleted member

Uh- So I just learned that Sora will jump into another crossover with this time Brave Exivus Final Fantasy-
Hopefully, him appearing in more and more crossover will lead one day at his inclusion into smash

What's interesting is that, he will join the Bravely Default cast, Nier Automata Cast as guest for that game alongside well...basically every Final Fantasy characters.
Nice.
That’s a pretty looking Sora sprite.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Again, he's probably overselling it, but if the rest of the characters are similar to PP (not expected by a majority of fans) I wouldn't be upset. I'd prefer that to going down a checklist and adding Rex, Spring Man, Eldegaurd, and any other super obvious newcomer.

Now with extended victory quotes.

"Good. I won."
"Well, I won"
"I won. I won."
If Zelda CD-I Link was in the game as a playable, the “I won.” Part would be his victory quote as “I won!”.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just remembered the debug mode for Ultimate. I wonder if it's easily accessible, just because I want to explore something.

D

Deleted member

What if we got Escargoon instead of Bandana Dee?

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Do you guys think that smash ultimate would be better if you were on acid
asking for a friend
Once in the overwatch forums, there was a discussion when someone brought up that they played better while on acid or while drunk. TTime to see someone try if the same happens for smash. Any volunteers?

we're going to get out first anime rep and they won't be from a shonen series

who you guys got
Skura Card Captor

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace

Nice.
Except Square-Enix are the ones that own those games lmao. Not exactly hard for them to get Kingdom Hearts collab considering they mostly make the games

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Once in the overwatch forums, there was a discussion when someone brought up that they played better while on acid or while drunk. TTime to see someone try if the same happens for smash. Any volunteers?
I was already going to do it because of my fear of facing reality sober it sounds fun

Of course I know the correct answerView attachment 181059 ...wait, is this Smash or Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax? :p
this is also an acceptable answer

wait that was supposed to be an edit why did it double post

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Let this stand as proof that we can justify pretty much any character as a lock if we really try.
I have the opposite view. If someone needs more than 3 bullet points to indicate a character is viable then they have spent a lot of effort convincing themselves. Anyone who's been in any sort of meeting knows no one pays attention long enough to be convinced of an argument that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom