• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
They need to put Rayquaza, Porky and Duon(who I hate, but Everyone should be Here) back.

Then we NEED Mother Brain, Andross and Medusa.

And we SHOULD also have Wily Machine, Death Egg Robot and Metal Gear REX.
There's should be a post-launch chapter of WoL where:
Tabuu shows up and absorbs Galeem and Dharkon and instead of having butterfly wings, he has two Galeem angel wings and two Dharkon...spider legs? Whatever those are.

Tabuu Ultimate!
They are back? I hadnt heard about it. Are there any images of them?

If this is true, I am surprised they only removed the Earthboud boss.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, at this point a Prime Trilogy port is borderline confirmed. We may still get that fabled Square Enix character though.
I saw Pokemon rival discussion so:
Silver>Wally>Cheren>Hau>Blue>Bianca>Hugh>Barry>The entirety of the XY rivals>Brendan/May
Their character development should be valued above all else and everyone until Bianca goes through some great one.
You can't prove me wrong.
I sure hope "until Bianca" means "up until and including Bianca." :p

That and I will die on the hill of Tierno being a hidden gem of a character who actually goes through his own understated character arc, and is one of the better rivals in the series.

D

Deleted member

Yeah the bosses are really tied into WoL.
They could just add bosses for Classic mode but I feel like that's very unlikely, making an entire boss and area for one character's classic mode.
Perhaps they could add some sort of boss rush/dedicated boss fight mode? Unlikely, but I guess it could happen.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Hello,

Please hear my theory for a moment. I know that this seems crazy, and I could just be imagining, I'm trying to delve deep, but this just has too many coincidences. I'll put it in spoilers, for convenience sake.

Banjo-Kazooie (N64) released on December 6, 1998 in Japan, meaning that to Japan, it will be his 20th anniversary.

December 6 is the same day as The Game Awards

Reggie teased the Smash will have something special at TGA this year

There is proof of removed Rare content in the games files, meaning Nintendo has already been working with Rare

Phil Spencer saying before E3 that it would still be cool to see Banjo in the game.

During E3, he tweeted that he went out to lunch with Nintendo. This tweet has since been removed.

No one has found the Minecraft boss in the games files, possible that it was removed to be released at a later date?

There is proof that there will be a Day 1 Patch for the game that will include new modes. Possible that from November 1 to December 5, Sakurai and his team have been implementing Microsoft content and just so happened to not remove some of the more obscure Rare games.

Banjo-Kazooie are an insanely popular fan pick that would sell like hotcakes.

Plenty of people know who he is, if you actually think people wouldn't recognize him you'd be dead wrong.

LeakyPandy retweeted when Reggie hinted at something special for Smash at TGA

At X018, Rare stated that the 6th of December would involve stuff from the past

Call me crazy, but this is a lot of strange coincidences here, almost makes me think we're getting something special... Based on this, this could be what will happen:

Phil Spencer stated that he still thinks it would be cool to see Banjo in Smash. At E3, Nintendo approaches him and some other higher ups to come to an agreement on how to represent their ip's. However, it was too late and they couldn't get all of it finished on time, so they have a final Smash direct revealing almost everything else about the game super early so that they have time to work on the Microsoft content in secret, and then days later at X018, Rare states that they have something from the past for December 6. They finish all the content, remove it before the game goes gold, but accidentally leave Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini bread crumbs deep in the games files, and since Reggie has hinted that Smash will have something special at TGA, and all the other stars that are aligning, I think it's safe to assume that Banjo-Kazooie and a bunch of other Microsoft content will get in the game in the Day 1 patch along with other modes.

please don't hurt me

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Smash Ultimate News: Some DLC Hint

In an interview with Game Informer, Nintendo’s JC Rodrigo dropped a huge tease about the game’s five post-launch DLC fighters. In particular, he hinted that these unrevealed fighters would pleasantly surprise fans as much as the Piranha Plant reveal:

“Mr. Sakurai and his team and everyone that works on the game – we love surprises. Just like Piranha Plant, we believe the DLC is going to be a must-have. For me, as a fan… oh man, I would not miss these for the world.”​

TLDR: The 5 character reveal will be suprising and unexpected to the viewers.

Source (Its in Spanish): https://www.nintenderos.com/2018/12...Pel1ZEhB66FekRvXIR9jMvevUGAZwgHDiD17NknJIV7fE

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Hello,

Please hear my theory for a moment. I know that this seems crazy, and I could just be imagining, I'm trying to delve deep, but this just has too many coincidences. I'll put it in spoilers, for convenience sake.

Banjo-Kazooie (N64) released on December 6, 1998 in Japan, meaning that to Japan, it will be his 20th anniversary.

There is proof of removed Rare content in the games files, meaning Nintendo has already been working with Rare

Phil Spencer saying before E3 that it would still be cool to see Banjo in the game.

During E3, he tweeted that he went out to lunch with Nintendo. This tweet has since been removed.

No one has found the Minecraft boss in the games files, possible that it was removed to be released at a later date?

There is proof that there will be a Day 1 Patch for the game that will include new modes. Possible that from November 1 to December 5, Sakurai and his team have been implementing Microsoft content and just so happened to not remove some of the more obscure Rare games.

Plenty of people know who he is, if you actually think people wouldn't recognize him you'd be dead wrong.

Call me crazy, but this is a lot of strange coincidences here, almost makes me think we're getting something special... Based on this, this could be what will happen:

Phil Spencer stated that he still thinks it would be cool to see Banjo in Smash. At E3, Nintendo approaches him and some other higher ups to come to an agreement on how to represent their ip's. However, it was too late and they couldn't get all of it finished on time, so they have a final Smash direct revealing almost everything else about the game super early so that they have time to work on the Microsoft content in secret, and then days later at X018, Rare states that they have something from the past for December 6. They finish all the content, remove it before the game goes gold, but accidentally leave Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini bread crumbs deep in the games files, and since Reggie has hinted that Smash will have something special at TGA, and all the other stars that are aligning, I think it's safe to assume that Banjo-Kazooie and a bunch of other Microsoft content will get in the game in the Day 1 patch along with other modes.

please don't hurt me
No

FreeFox

Smash Lord

In an interview with Game Informer, Nintendo’s JC Rodrigo dropped a huge tease about the game’s five post-launch DLC fighters. In particular, he hinted that these unrevealed fighters would pleasantly surprise fans as much as the Piranha Plant reveal:

“Mr. Sakurai and his team and everyone that works on the game – we love surprises. Just like Piranha Plant, we believe the DLC is going to be a must-have. For me, as a fan… oh man, I would not miss these for the world.”​

Source (Its in Spanish): https://www.nintenderos.com/2018/12...Pel1ZEhB66FekRvXIR9jMvevUGAZwgHDiD17NknJIV7fE
Get ready for this argument to be used for every char under the sun.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
“I’m sorry little one”
*throws baby metroid off of cliff
Baby Metroid doesn’t feel so good
Not sure how many people would use it, but there it is.
Everything but the taunts are actually very greatly good
Play Fates and you’ll know why. Corrin has the intelligence of a horseshoe crab (and it’s consistent too).
Big Sister Energy though

All Lyns confirmed

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Hello,

please don't hurt me
I think it's a good theory, and it makes a lot of sense, but I don't think Banjo is gonna be DLC because his series is kind of dead. But that's just me

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

That makes me more confident in sylux in my opinion

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I was making a joke. But what makes you so sure on Banjo not getting in?
Imagine you're Microsoft, and Nintendo approches you to ask of you for a character. You got a few options, two relevant, and one banjo, Someone that hasn't had a game in ten years. Who would you pick.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
>Kirby
>THE PINK DEMON

This is accurate at all, knowing what the **** was Void from Kirby Star Allies and also SPOILERS if you read pause desp of Void during Ultimate Choice EX battle
The Pink Demon, eh? I've never thought of Kirby as a demon. Then again I've never played Kirby games

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Ehhhh, Mother's gotten quite a bit of love this game so this seems kind of off to me. Almost all the party members are in the game for the only 2 worth remembering, 4 stages with very different looks, 2 Assist trophies, a bunch of items including a new one and I'd be surprised if they removed 4's easter egg of Starman getting unique effects if hit by Ness. Plus the new Fourside remix is one of the best remixes in the game tbh

EDIT: This is why you check ignored content before replying to someone kids
It was sarcasm but you're right lol.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
Hello,

please don't hurt me
I mean, I've heard worse theories, but this isn't enough for me to be anything but the most cautious of optimistic-bordering-on-cynical. I can hope for Banjo, but I'll be watching the Game Awards with an open mind, ready for the worst case scenario that there isn't even anything Smash related at the event. (Helps that there's absolutely going to be something cool Nintendo-related there, so even worst case there's going to be, like, Metroid news or something.)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Hmmm if we take it by their word, it would mean the usual suspects's chances decrease somewhat. Granted...we don't know what is considered surprising to him.

If so that's good for Sylux, a Rhythm Heaven character, and whoever else deemed unlikely/obscure for first parties.
For third parties, this doesn't change anything. Any of them would be considered a surprise by default.

So eh doesn't change much.

Unless the characters are very similar to Piranha Plant, then...oh.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

Honestly that statement just makes me worried.

D

Deleted member

I mean, that’s a pretty vague statement. Would Sylux be surprising? They’re considering piranha plant a pleasant surprise, but who knows.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I mean, I've heard worse theories, but this isn't enough for me to be anything but the most cautious of optimistic-bordering-on-cynical. I can hope for Banjo, but I'll be watching the Game Awards with an open mind, ready for the worst case scenario that there isn't even anything Smash related at the event. (Helps that there's absolutely going to be something cool Nintendo-related there, so even worst case there's going to be, like, Metroid news or something.)
Oh shoot. We've all been thinking it's gonna be Smash related, but it could just be Nintendo related in general, couldn't it?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

The 'just like Piranha Plant' part is in the sentence that says the DLC is a must-have, not for the section of surprises

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice

Honestly if the DLC was all just generic enemies like PP I wouldn't even be mad. Piranha Plant VS Space Pirate EVO 2019 Grand Finals hype

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Kinda overselling it a bit, but I'm glad he's optimistic. That's something.

Regardless, this comment is too vague to add anything new. "Pleasantly suprised" can range anywhere from, "Man, I didn't expect this character AT ALL!!" to, "THEY FINALLY ADDED HIM!? I CANT BELIEVE IT!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom