• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Fun fact; Nintendo and Sony DID try to work together; it didn't work as planned.

Also, it madePikachu mad if you said 'PlayStation.'

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If Sylux re-appears in prime 4, I hope they redesign him. His original look is blocky and polygonal, full of sharp shapes. I think he needs a redesign to make him more refined and detailed.
I think that's part of what makes him seen so lame to me. He's just sort of cubey and boring. Trace at least had that pointy raindrop vibe. He must look cooler. Sleeker. More interesting.

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
If Sylux re-appears in prime 4, I hope they redesign him. His original look is blocky and polygonal, full of sharp shapes. I think he needs a redesign to make him more refined and detailed.
I could never articulate it, but with all the hype for Sylux as a playable character, I wondered why so many people wanted a character with so little care put into them other than just wanting another representitive for metriod.

D

Deleted member

Fun fact; Nintendo and Sony DID try to work together; it didn't work as planned.

Also, it madePikachu mad if you said 'PlayStation.'
The Playstation Classic sucks when you compare it to the NES and SNES Classic.

D

Deleted member

I could never articulate it, but with all the hype for Sylux as a playable character, I wondered why so many people wanted a character with so little care put into them other than just wanting another representitive for metriod.
The biggest thing surrounding him is the fact that Nintendo is trying to make him the Thanos of the Metroid franchise by teasing a huge deal around his character in the recent titles.

And people also wanted different Metroid reps besides him: any of the Bounty Hunters from Prime 3, Dark Samus and every playable character in Prime Hunters where common picks between the fans too during the “Ridley is Too Big” era.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh my god yes! I want this!

Top 11 DLC bosses I want in Smash Ultimate (Tabuu is still in the base game right?)
  1. King Wart
  2. Porky Minch
  3. Medeus
  4. Giygas
  5. Hades
  6. Dr. Eggman
  7. M. Bison
  8. Sephiroth
  9. Ancient Ogre
  10. Gruntilda/Ender Dragon (See m previous ideas about a “Microsoft Pack”
  11. Smithy

I genuinely forgot about Prime 4. I’d love to be wrong and have the upcoming promotional pick be Sylux instead of Edelgard (Especially sense we’re all pretty sure he’s going to play a big part in that game)

But I’m pretty sure they’re gonna reveal the Square Character, as Verge’s intel insists they’re first.
Yea me too it should be the square character

I’m saying if the trilogy is coming to the switch and prime 4 that could potentially be a sign sylux is coming to smash but always keep expectations at check I did that with the grinch leak same case here

Dumb question but who is Sylux?
https://metroid.fandom.com/wiki/Sylux

This should answer your question

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even if I don't care much about Sylux, I have to admit, it's pretty surreal to think of him getting in and Metroid having a whopping five characters (one less than Zelda, two more than Kirby and DK). We're talking about a franchise with arguably the fewest number of realistic characters you could add in Smash. In fact, a little less than a year ago, Metroid was considered one of the least likely franchises to get a newcomer in another Smash game.

Let that roll around in your head for a bit.

D

Deleted member

Dumb question but who is Sylux?
He is at the moment a mysterious character in the Metroid franchise who debuted in Prime Hunters.

Although we don’t know enough about him, Nintendo has teased him in a similar way to Thanos in the MCU, by adding him in games like Prime 3 and Federation Force for some cameos pointing at a future story.

The Director of the Metroid games has also declared many times that he wants to work a lot with the character of Sylux, who could finally get a focus on Prime 4.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
The biggest thing surrounding him is the fact that Nintendo is trying to make him the Thanos of the Metroid franchise by teasing a huge deal around his character in the recent titles.

And people also wanted different Metroid reps besides him: any of the Bounty Hunters from Prime 3, Dark Samus and every playable character in Prime Hunters where common picks between the fans too during the “Ridley is Too Big” era.
They succeeded in making Dark Samus as an amazing threatening thing in multiple games. I'd sooner upgrade it to full fighter status than get a lame representative for numbers sake.

D

Deleted member

They succeeded in making Dark Samus as an amazing threatening thing in multiple games. I'd sooner upgrade it to full fighter status than get a lame representative for numbers sake.
The good thing is that we will get a Dark Samus amiibo at least.

She had potential for a unique moveset, but i still like the fact she’s in.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Not sure how many people would use it, but there it is.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not sure how many people would use it, but there it is.
Looks strange.

But maybe it plays better than expected.

You laugh but having an unified console would be awesome. And they'd still have competition with STEAM to keep them on their toes.

Alas that is never going to happen unless the industry somehow crashes again...which it won't.
I agree with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I don't know if anyone has floated this idea around or not, but what if additional bosses were planned to be added through free updates in a vein similar to Splatoon?

That would explain why Porky is missing, and that would also explain why Verge's Minecraft boss is missing from the base game.
I'd be pretty hyped, because the boss selection is one of the few ways I think this game is still lacking.
Looks strange.

But maybe it plays better than expected.
Looks pretty standard to me except for the taunts. And everything seems to be remappable anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It’s interesting to me that the render for Tabuu’s spirit is completely new when they could have just used his brawl render. Maybe he might be a post-launch boss? idk

D

Deleted member

Now that i think of it...

Would the DLC bosses change elements of World Of Light too?

In a similar way to the updates in Kirby:Star Allies?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

If we get DLC Bosses, then I assume so, yes.

Smash 4 didn't pay any attention to the single player when it came to DLC (well it trophies had...half of which unlocked themselves by purchasing a certain pack anyway) so it would be sweet to see content added there at long last.

Last edited:

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Just 100%'ed the new Star Allies mode... Now I REALLY want Hyness.

Really wish Star Allies got more representation than just one music track and a spirit.
Sakurai doesn't do much representation of Modern Kirby BUTT he still acknowledges it's existance with Kirby's final smash and the spirits but I want Bandana Waddke Dee, Hyness does suit as a boss too me but the Mages can get in

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I was surprised at the lack of any Pokémon boss too.
They need to put Rayquaza, Porky and Duon(who I hate, but Everyone should be Here) back.

Then we NEED Mother Brain, Andross and Medusa.

And we SHOULD also have Wily Machine, Death Egg Robot and Metal Gear REX.
It’s interesting to me that the render for Tabuu’s spirit is completely new when they could have just used his brawl render. Maybe he might be a post-launch boss? idk
There's should be a post-launch chapter of WoL where:
Tabuu shows up and absorbs Galeem and Dharkon and instead of having butterfly wings, he has two Galeem angel wings and two Dharkon...spider legs? Whatever those are.

Tabuu Ultimate!

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Japan is lucky.

For Cyber Monday, they're going to have Amiibo bundles sold, with 63 characters. This also makes me jealous. I want this too.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well tabuu Kind of doesn’t have a render however

330.png

I say his trophy pose is his render

By the way what does the tabuu spirit look like?

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master

Yeah the bosses are really tied into WoL.
They could just add bosses for Classic mode but I feel like that's very unlikely, making an entire boss and area for one character's classic mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom