• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I have the opposite view. If someone needs more than 3 bullet points to indicate a character is viable then they have spent a lot of effort convincing themselves. Anyone who's been in any sort of meeting knows no one pays attention long enough to be convinced of an argument that long.
Let me try;
Mario: mr. video game himself, face of nintendo, made a lot of money.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Uh, if you want it.

This guy on Reddit made an Ultimate manual for imgur, and it's printable too. I mean, the move list and strategy guides are there, but this looks mostly okay.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Except Square-Enix are the ones that own those games lmao. Not exactly hard for them to get Kingdom Hearts collab considering they mostly make the games
They still need Disney to put Sora in anything my man.
Sora's crossover appearance only started a year ago
>WoFF
>Record keepers FF
>Now Brave Exvius

One of the point that people had Against Sora was that he was contained only in KH and nothing else. But ever since a year ago he suddenly get more and more Crossovers

D

Deleted member

I have the opposite view. If someone needs more than 3 bullet points to indicate a character is viable then they have spent a lot of effort convincing themselves. Anyone who's been in any sort of meeting knows no one pays attention long enough to be convinced of an argument that long.
Ok then. Let me summarisE.
Reasons why Duon is in:
-He’s cool
-Worldwide icon
-Don’t think I need to say anything else tbh

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
People need to understand that DLC isn't gonna be characters that absolutely will sell, it's gonna be what Nintendo THINKS is going to sell.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Uh, if you want it.

This guy on Reddit made an Ultimate manual for imgur, and it's printable too. I mean, the move list and strategy guides are there, but this looks mostly okay.
Wait, is this the official instruction manual that comes with the game? Fifty pages and all in color? This seems too good to be true

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wait, is this the official instruction manual that comes with the game? Fifty pages and all in color? This seems too good to be true
No, it's fanmade. I just thought it was at least decent.

The normal strategy guide has 272 pages, while the hardcover has 463. There isn't an actual manual for the game.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't even particularly like Bandana Waddle Dee, but there's no way you can call him a Literal Who and yet ask for Escargoon in the same breath.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
No, it's fanmade. I just thought it was at least decent.

The normal strategy guide has 272 pages, while the hardcover has 463. There isn't an actual manual for the game.
Dang, I knew it couldn't have been real. It looks very good though

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I don't even particularly like Bandana Waddle Dee, but there's no way you can call him a Literal Who and yet ask for Escargoon in the same breath.
I had never seen nor heard of Escargoon until just now

osby

Smash Obsessed
People need to understand that DLC isn't gonna be characters that absolutely will sell, it's gonna be what Nintendo THINKS is going to sell.
And? Nintendo should have a good idea about which characters will sell.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
They still need Disney to put Sora in anything my man.
Sora's crossover appearance only started a year ago
>WoFF
>Record keepers FF
>Now Brave Exvius

One of the point that people had Against Sora was that he was contained only in KH and nothing else. But ever since a year ago he suddenly get more and more Crossovers
I heavily follow FF Brave Exvius (been playing since release) and I can tell you that the game was known to have collabs with everything and the fact that the FF BE playerbase have literally been begging Square and Gumi for a Kingdom Hearts collab for months. Not to mention that Square-Enix heavily milk the Global playerbase vs the Japanese playerbase by nerfing gacha rates and making other anti-consumer changes on the global version. Disney has the rights but they would pretty foolish to stir anger with the company that makes the games not to mention getting a cut of the pie.

They made 3 Million in one day alone when the Nier Automata banner hit. in Brave Exvius. They want money.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
How is Bandanna Waddle Dee a literal who when he’s a main character in every recent Kirby game?

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow Smashboarders it has been a while.So Now that smash bros ultimate is almost here let talk review smash bros ulitmate in General i think smash bros ulitmate is the best smash game so far. Even though they were less newcomers than last time and none of my most wanted newcomers got in.Im just happy that Corrin has returned

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Ok then. Let me summarisE.
Reasons why Duon is in:
-He’s cool
-Worldwide icon
-Don’t think I need to say anything else tbh
The first part is subjective. I personally never really cared for him. As for the second one, I don't think he's a worldwide icon, maybe just a Brawl icon

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Also i think Nintendo will hit us with heavy hitters for dlc nothing against banana dee but he isn't a heavy hitter

D

Deleted member

The first part is subjective. I personally never really cared for him. As for the second one, I don't think he's a worldwide icon, maybe just a Brawl icon
What’s objective here is you being wrong.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Also i think Nintendo will hit us with heavy hitters for dlc nothing against banana dee but he isn't a heavy hitter
I think the picks will be very surprising, except maybe a FE character if that happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom