• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
It obviously wasn't confirmed to be professional advertising work because, you know, it was fake.

It was the efforts of one psychotic fan (mariotehplumber) to screw with the entire community. I would typically never say this out of respect to those with mental disorders, but the term "never underestimate weaponized autism" applies well to the scenario.

Hello, I thought it was fake for a large majority of that speculation period and was mocked for it. Even as someone who supported box theory and was used to be targeted for it it was bad. Multiple people here were put on my ignore list because I couldn't deal with the immaturity expressed by them.
Heh. I remember someone saying Nintendo wouldnt have a 40 minute Direct to reveal only two characters. I always saw it as a possibility since they had a new mode to promote and online to talk about. "Take that cardboard munchers" is a unfiltered post by someone.

I did think Grinch had merit, which put my stance on box theory in some jeopardy. But it wasn't a clear cut giveaway that Grinch was correct.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
During the peak of the grinch leak, Harada replied to someone on twitter saying that in order to prevent Tekken characters leaking, he sent different bits of info to different divisions to catch people out, essentially using leaker-bait. Harada works at Bamco. You can probably see where this was going.
So the grinch leak was bait?

Despicable if true and using those wanted characters

beans

Smash Lord
Literally the only thing going against the leak was the amount of characters and the absence of inceneroar.

We will never get one like it again
There will probaly be one. People like to make stuff up and see flamewars that come from it.
The grinch was one ripe for explosion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the record, please don't talk about deleted posts. If they're gone, that means we don't want them to exist. I remove some spammy posts(or things like drug references) since they add nothing useful to the conversation or are against the rules. Or both in many cases.

Also, if a user is an issue, constantly replying to them just makes it more for the Moderation to clean up. Best to not talk to or about them if they're breaking the rules.

D

Deleted member

Being a fan of the four franchises in my avatar, i have learnt to never take seriously a leak just because it has something you want.

I would love to see Crash in Smash... but when a leak involving him appears, i always try to analize it first and look at stuff that could debunk it before taking it seriously.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I had a dream where the VGAs revealed three new Zelda characters.

Except they were all terrible.

Classic Link (also a clone)
Minish Cap Zelda
Minish version of Ezlo

It was lame.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For the record, please don't talk about deleted posts. If they're gone, that means we don't want them to exist. I remove some spammy posts(or things like drug references) since they add nothing useful to the conversation or are against the rules. Or both in many cases.

Also, if a user is an issue, constantly replying to them just makes it more for the Moderation to clean up. Best to not talk to or about them if they're breaking the rules.

Double posting smh thought you were better than that

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
You know, I gotta say that Peach and Rosalina both look amazing in this game. They're probably the best looking characters in this game imo. And as much as I love Daisy, after seeing how good Peach looks, I'm starting to question whether I want to go with Daisy or Peach.

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think that Star Allies is finally worth the 50-60€ it costs with the updates we got?

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think that Star Allies is finally worth the 50-60€ it costs with the updates we got?
Honestly from what I’ve played of it I don’t like star allies very much. The funnest part is easily the dream friends and messing around with them. Unfortunately, the level design feels like it’s taken a huge hit. All the levels feel so utterly generic and forgettable. Compare it planet robobot which had interesting gimmicks and level designs, it’s unfortunate. I’d chalk it up to the levels having to accommodate 4-playable characters on screen instead of just one. The game feels like what you would get if you told a robot to make ‘generic Kirby game’.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tmw the mods double post on accident
I'm joking don't hurt me please
I legit don't know how it happened either. But either way, I merged and fixed it. Not fast enough, though. XD

Anyway, I hope I can get to Gamestop fast enough to not just pick up the Octolings and Ridley amiibo(pre-ordered), but order a Wolf amiibo to my house. As well as figure out which version of the Guide I want. I also wish I could've played the demo to a get a feel for a possible main. Smash Ultimate is a Christmas gift for me.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Minish Cap Zelda
Minish version of Ezlo

It was lame.
Would personally have loved these in Hyrule Warriors though.

Classic NES Link as Toon Link costume.
Minish Cap weapon like Cane of Pacci for Toon Zelda so she can get out of the Phantom.
And Minish Ezlo along with Vaati as playable characters.

Now I'm sad the Capcom Zelda's never got any love in Hyrule Warriors....

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, they actually made it challenging with Heroes from Another Dimension. Puzzles there are unforgiving as hell. Beating that gets you Soul Melter EX too, which is hard as **** unless you cheese everything with the mages' screen nuke and their down-up-b attacks

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Being a fan of the four franchises in my avatar, i have learnt to never take seriously a leak just because it has something you want.

I would love to see Crash in Smash... but when a leak involving him appears, i always try to analize it first and look at stuff that could debunk it before taking it seriously.
>four franchises
>FOUR
I think Mista from Jojo's bizarre adventure would like to talk with you.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't know, I don't have a Switch yet and unfortunately I can't get one soon (too bad I won't get Piranha Plant for free....), though the game has quite some content now; the new mode adds something like a couple of hours of gameplay (more or less depending on your skills and on how many times you have to redo the levels to get more collectables or to defeat the bosses), and thanks to the Dream Friends and the new difficulty level in Ultimate Choice, it gained some additional replay value with each update.

Everything except the new mode is just too easy though, and the level design is not the best in the series (except the new mode where it's decent), so think about it: if you enjoy Kirby's gameplay despite it being easy, then buy it; if you are looking for some challenge then probably you may have some fun in the Another Dimension/Soul Melter EX modes, but maybe don't get it at full price.

When I'll get a Switch, I'll get Star Allies as well, even just for Adeleine, but I'm a Kirby fan so I don't count, I'm biased XD (double bias because Adeleine is in the game).

If you are in doubt, maybe wait for a price drop or get it used (if it's still possible); maybe not from Gamestop or similar since they usually put used copies at almost the same price of the new ones (at least in my country).

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Minish Cap Zelda
Minish version of Ezlo

It was lame.
I would have a conniption...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Probably the main thing to take away from the comment of making the characters a 'surprise' is that is unlikely that the DLC characters are going to be strictly marketing pushes like some people were afraid they might be when it was noted that Nintendo itself was performing the list building rather then Sakurai.

I think some people were originally thinking 'Here are the upcoming games make characters from those'.

In reality it was probably more like 'These are the characters based on market information that would sell well as DLC. Please look into it.'

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All y'all talking about Grinch leak and here I am thinking a post that guessed Richter had something to it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Isabelle's inclusion was the greatest thing to happen in Smash history, and she will be sung of for ages
Eh, I'll have to destroy every Isabelle main as my mission. I still don't like her, but I won't stop anyone else, though.

D

Deleted member

The characters in Smash aren’t bad.

The real problem are the spammers.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Love how people are using the partner Pikachu spirit to say spirits don't deconfirm, even though it's a varient on a fighter and not an actual fighter. At this point Sakurai should just flat out say spirits deconfirm/don't deconfirm, because this is ridiculous

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Love how people are using the partner Pikachu spirit to say spirits don't deconfirm, even though it's a varient on a fighter and not an actual fighter. At this point Sakurai should just flat out say spirits deconfirm/don't deconfirm, because this is ridiculous
I'm pretty sure he has said that Spirits don't deconfirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom