• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Yes, all characters are unlockable in classic mode. And apparently, it also stack up with the timer thingy. So you will unlock everyone REALLY quickly.
Okay, thinking about it like that, I can deal with that.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It will take longer, but I will just unlock everyone via WoL, it will feel more satisfying to have rescued the beloved characters.

D

Deleted member

Classic mode seems fun. I’ll just use that to unlock.
also g’night don’t get into some huge drama while I’m sleeping.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's not restricted to just Classic; it's everything
That's the reason why they implemented this.
So that you wouldn't be able to do that all the time.
Whelp nevermind then.

Still no complaints from me though. Kind of bummed I probably won't get to unlock :ultkrool:right away but eventually would anyways.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Yes, all characters are unlockable in classic mode. And apparently, it also stack up with the timer thingy. So you will unlock everyone REALLY quickly.
Hmm. Last I heard, the timer mechanic doesn’t affect Classic mode.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Play Link's Classic. Afterwards, K. Rool challenges you.
But I thought things were going to be distance now having to complete things like Classic in 10 minutes or such unless I'm misinterpreting things...

Last edited:

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
What character archetype would Ridley fit? I don't know if he is a grappler, some sort of aggresive in-your-face character...

What do you guys think?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Can anybody tell me Mewtwo's unlock method? I just want to know because I hope I don't have to play 20 hours just to unlock him. If that is the case, I'll use my Mewtwo amiibo to unlock him asap.

Play Link's Classic. Afterwards, K. Rool challenges you.
Link, Young Link, or Toon Link?

Last edited:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I'm all for spending a bunch of time unlocking stuff, but I'm aware that some of the super competitive players and tournament organizers won't. I think an option to instantly unlock everything in the form of a cheat code of sorts would be nice in future games for those players.

But I'm not a game designer, I dunno what I'm talking about.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
K. Rool is one of the earlier unlocks, so you won't have to worry about that too much.
Oh so this distance thing is more directly towards later unlocks then? Gotcha.

I thought it was towards everything and was gonna play out like how you must get to Bowser in less then 15 minutes to fight Giga Bowser in Melee.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
But I thought things were going to be distance now having to complete things like Classic in 10 minutes similar to facing Giga Bowser in Adventure Mode in Melee or such unless I'm misinterpreting things...
Unlocks outside of Classic and WoL have a 10 minute cooldown timer. The distance mechanic is probably minuscule so you’ll probably only notice it in VS. So you can still unlock K. Rool quickly in Classic.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unlocks outside of Classic and WoL have a 10 minute cooldown timer. The distance mechanic is probably minuscule so you’ll probably only notice it in VS. So you can still unlock K. Rool quickly in Classic.
Ah gotcha then.

Even if that wasn't the case. I still wouldn't had complained as I would had eventually gotten him but hey the fact that I can still get him right away makes me happy never the less. :grin:

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I wish they had kept just 1 character hidden so it would add some mystery to the unlocks. That's all the fun of unlocking characters

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Speaking of unlock methods we still have a few characters we don't know which character tree or specific character unlocks some via Classic Mode.

We still need these character's Classic Mode method: :ultbowser: :ultzelda::ultmarth::ultmewtwo::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultvillager::ultcorrin:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do we know yet how Robin is unlocked? I need to try her out (even if best alt is dead)
According to the chart you unlock Robin with Zelda who to my knowledge according to the chart can't be unlocked by any character in Classic and only in World of Light.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So... does anybody know if there will be a character or two that will always be the first ones you unlock no matter what method you do at first?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
According to the chart you unlock Robin with Zelda who to my knowledge according to the chart can't be unlocked by any character in Classic and only in World of Light.
Basically we have certain characters that can only be unlocked through World of Light that cannot be unlocked in Classic

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I wish they had kept just 1 character hidden so it would add some mystery to the unlocks. That's all the fun of unlocking characters
Scenes when Reckless Safety Man is added in a day one patch and you can only unlock him by tossing your joycon through your TV.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
do we still have to unlock the music Tracks?

I mean. I’m gonna play through World of Light and Classic mode with everyone anyway. Between the two I’m probably gonna unlock all of the characters

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Unlock Zelda first (she's the 2nd character unlocked through VS, so at max it'll only take like 10-15 mins).
Complete Zelda's Classic.
Then Robin will challenge you.
Yay I unlock my primary secondary character, and then my main

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom