• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I laughed when I first saw this. It's a pretty good pic.

Although, I wish they'd stop exaggerating how long it took for him to get in Smash. Chrom's wait is nothing compared to Ridley and K. Rool's.
I don't think it's them exaggerating how long it took, just how everyone thought he was a shoo-in and half of Robin's trailer was them playfully kicking dirt on the idea.

He's had the most "Oof" deconfirmation of the series, I feel. At least in terms of being deconfirmed by the game itself.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bayonetta's one had to be pretty good, if it wants to surpass this:

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Everyone, if you could choose the 2nd Bandai Namco Rep from the following list. Which character would it be?

Tekken Series
Heihachi Mishima
Jin Kazama

Tales Series
Lloyd Irving
Yuri Lowell

Soul Calibur Series
Nightmare
Sophitia

Other Namco Series
Agumon
DigDug
Klonoa

Did you forget her or something?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ken, Dr. Mario, Zelda, Snake, and Robin/Mario/Peach's are all great.

These are all pretty funny.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes
042D961A-0CF7-409D-A8A1-783723BB93BA.jpeg
37652F8C-31B5-4F07-A4E8-928C3CC473AE.jpeg
**** this tease though
4B794EC2-DB69-4929-8655-F26FEFABB23A.jpeg
I await every other one

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't think it's them exaggerating how long it took, just how everyone thought he was a shoo-in and half of Robin's trailer was them playfully kicking dirt on the idea.

He's had the most "Oof" deconfirmation of the series, I feel. At least in terms of being deconfirmed by the game itself.
Maybe, but it was never intended to be taken as one. Practically everyone expected him, and if he had been revealed as the newcomer instead of Robin, everyone would've complained, said he was boring, and accepted the idea that Gematsu was completely accurate (or at least until CKs were deconfirmed). The people who made the trailer tried to make a joke out of this, but it backfired a little when Chrom's actual fans got upset.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Honestly, I don't care about representing different companies, and I wish people would stop putting such a big emphasis on it. It's one thing to discuss who you think the most likely character would be from Namco or SE, but to support someone and focus more on representing the company than discussing the character itself? I'd be lying if I said I don't find it a little annoying.

I just want a third-party character who's iconic and unique. I could care less about which company they come from.

The only logical answer

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Although, I wish they'd stop exaggerating how long it took for him to get in Smash. Chrom's wait is nothing compared to Ridley and K. Rool's.
The difference is that Chrom was the butt of the joke and got mocked numerous times in the trailer
>Beat up
>Reveal that Lucina is the fighter
>Then Robin
>Stay on the ground defeated while the fight continue Then he say he'll get his chance another day
>Only to get baited into Robin's FS
>Add to this Palutena's Guidance mocking him even harder
>Add the Mii Costume as a layer
>Only for Sakurai to confirm that Chrom wasn't unique enought and he prefered Robin

And in literally 3 years, Chrom became the butt of the joke of the smash community, at the level of Waluigi.

K.Rool and Ridley never got disrespected by the game itself, just the fans clinging hard about "BUT HE WAS IN STAGE AND MELEE INTRO!"
The worst they got was the "Too big" meme.

The wait wasn't the same between Chrom and K.Rool/Ridley. But as of "who got it worst"

Chrom did.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Maybe, but it was never intended to be taken as one. Practically everyone expected him, and if he had been revealed as the newcomer instead of Robin, everyone would've complained, said he was boring, and accepted the idea that Gematsu was completely accurate (or at least until CKs were deconfirmed). The people who made the trailer tried to make a joke out of this, but it backfired a little when Chrom's actual fans got upset.
that's only if you choose to believe that the trailer was made after the Gematsu leak, which we do not know.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The difference is that Chrom was the butt of the joke and didn't got mocked numerous times in the trailer
>Beat up
>Then Robin
>Stay on the ground defeated while the fight continue Then he say he'll get his chance another day
>Only for Sakurai to confirm that Chrom wasn't unique enought and he prefered Robin

And in literally 3 years, Chrom became the butt of the joke of the smash community, at the level of Waluigi.

K.Rool and Ridley never got disrespected by the game itself, just the fans clinging hard about "BUT HE WAS IN STAGE AND MELEE INTRO!"

The wait wasn't the same between Chrom and K.Rool/Ridley. But as of "who got it worst"

Chrom did.
and the Chrom jokes still continue to this day through Ultimate

D

Deleted member

I agree with most of your post, but the ‘Too big’ meme was, well, really ****ing big. It transcended the smash community for quite a while and was super associated with Ridley for years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I agree with most of your post, but the ‘Too big’ meme was, well, really ****ing big. It transcended the smash community for quite a while and was super associated with Ridley for years.
It did, but the "Too big" was just sakurai literally saying he didn't think he couldn't Faithfully represent Ridley.
Like, it was more out of respect of character

Than the disrespect Chrom got in a single game

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
and the Chrom jokes still continue to this day through Ultimate
Now that Chrom is Chromfirmed, I hope he has some awesome Chrombos he can use to defeat opponents. I also hope his movement is good so he doesn't have to Chrommit to too many risky attacks.

I hope my opponents will use ethernet to keep their Chrommunication stable. We want to be Chromfortable when we play Smash.

D

Deleted member

It did, but the "Too big" was just sakurai literally saying he didn't think he couldn't Faithfully represent Ridley.
Like, it was more out of respect of character

Than the disrespect Chrom got in a single game
But the too big meme existed for at least 6 years before Sakurai said that.

Untouch

Smash Master
https://pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N (SPOILER: SPIRITS LIST)
Another thing helping Poochy's chances.
Outside of the fact he doesn't have a spirit, Crafted Yoshi does, and it was added very late into development it seems. (it's the 4th one from the bottom of the list).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Now that Chrom is Chromfirmed, I hope he has some awesome Chrombos he can use to defeat opponents. I also hope his movement is good so he doesn't have to Chrommit to too many risky attacks.

I hope my opponents will use ethernet to keep their Chrommunication stable. We want to be Chromfortable when we play Smash.
I wish we had gotten a different FE protagonist and not Chrom. We have THREE characters from Awakening. Seems a little excessive

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm missing classic mode talk and endings? Is there a link specifically for Pit's ending, or should I just stay wondering (dont wanna know what his classic mode is like though, yet)?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The difference is that Chrom was the butt of the joke and didn't got mocked numerous times in the trailer
>Beat up
>Then Robin

Chrom did.
I don't agree at all. Ridley was far worse.

At least Sakurai admitted that he originally planned for Chrom to be the newcomer until Robin became an idea. Chrom also got several other things to lighten the blow, like an alt for Ike, a Mii costume, and a special segment at the end of Robin's trailer.

What did Ridley get? Two instances from two different games where Sakurai basically said, "Yeah, it's not happening," a bunch of heated debates where detractors made his supporters look like blind idiots for supporting an impossible character, and little to nothing to reference the character outside the boss fight on Pyrosphere. He wasn't even present in the 3DS version. The "too big" meme was all in good fun, but even then, those cruel "Ridley will never get in" memes greatly outnumbered Chrom's.

Ridley was the real Waluigi of Smash 4. Not Chrom.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Roy has a interesting one:
#Ship
Chrom will continue to be a jobber on the Smash roster though
pretty much

Things are about to get Chromplicated
I feel like Sakurai knew exaaaactly what he was doing when he put that heart there and I applaud him
he wants more fanfics
I'm pretty sure it's to replicate the "Support" effect in Fire Emblem after a fight - but who knows
leading to a new couple in Smash
I'm missing classic mode talk and endings? Is there a link specifically for Pit's ending, or should I just stay wondering (dont wanna know what his classic mode is like though, yet)?
We Wonder

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I wish we had gotten a different FE protagonist and not Chrom. We have THREE characters from Awakening. Seems a little excessive
I mean, he was added out of popularity, and likely the fact that he could be an easy Echo of Roy.

While there were other protagonists they could add, it's likely they chose him because he was an easy, popular addition.

Also, remember that of those 3, only 1 is actually unique. The other two are echoes.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I like Chrom and I'm glad he's In, but I think Alm might've been a better choice. He would represent another game and makes more sense as a Roy echo than Chrom does (He should really be an Ike echo instead).

D

Deleted member

#No
When Toon Link needs to ensure he gets to return to smash 6 (or 7 if you count 3DS and Wii U separate).
:ulttoonlink:"There can only be one, matey!"
I'd honestly take A Link Between Worlds Link over Toon Link and Young Link.
I like Chrom and I'm glad he's In, but I think Alm might've been a better choice. He would represent another game and makes more sense as a Roy echo than Chrom does (He should really be an Ike echo instead).
Yeah, I'd take Alm too. He's probably the only 3DS Fire Emblem character I like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom