• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I like Chrom and I'm glad he's In, but I think Alm might've been a better choice. He would represent another game and makes more sense as a Roy echo than Chrom does (He should really be an Ike echo instead).
Honestly, I've never really understood the "Chrom should Echo/Be a clone of Ike" arguments.

I just don't feel like Chrom would work well with Ike's Moveset, I think he's much better with Roy.

Also, though Alm may have been a better choice (possibly), that doesn't necessarily matter in this scenario. Given the details behind Chrom's inclusion that is.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's face it. Like him or not Chrom is undoubtedly a Nintendo All Star. He's proven he's no flash in the pan and his impact remains.

He belongs in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I've never really understood the "Chrom should Echo/Be a clone of Ike" arguments.

I just don't feel like Chrom would work well with Ike's Moveset, I think he's much better with Roy.

Also, though Alm may have been a better choice (possibly), that doesn't necessarily matter in this scenario. Given the details behind Chrom's inclusion that is.
Ya basically the entire argument is that goddess of nature lady said that Chrome would be too close to Ike in Palutena guidance in smash 4

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Let's face it. Like him or not Chrom is undoubtedly a Nintendo All Star. He's proven he's no flash in the pan and his impact remains.

He belongs in Smash.
you know who else deserves to be in Smash...his damn wife Sumia (can’t leave your wife...and other daughter) alone all the time

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Now that Chrom is Chromfirmed, I hope he has some awesome Chrombos he can use to defeat opponents. I also hope his movement is good so he doesn't have to Chrommit to too many risky attacks.

I hope my opponents will use ethernet to keep their Chrommunication stable. We want to be Chromfortable when we play Smash.

He belongs in Smash.
[2 years later into the chrompetitive scene]
Chrom Future.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not disgusting when it’s fictional...Sakurai Love

Worked for the Ninja Turtles and April O’Neil...well...atleast 2012 Donnie and April
Fictional love can be disgusting too, espically when a human is shipped with an anthromorphic animal.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Roy has a interesting one:
"Roy, I... love you. You're so beautiful, even your shell looks so manly in pink."

"Me too, your red hair is delicious and good in itself, should we get married?"

And then Roy and Roy got married, the end

don't kill me, I had to write this ****

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Okay, hear me out. You're all thinking too small when it comes to a Sony rep. The real best option?

Sly Cooper. It's time.
I dunno. We've never had any playable western IPs. I won't believe we're getting any playable western IPs until I see it

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

He belongs in Smash.
I agree, I mean, at this point, he Almost basically replaced Marth as the Male face of Fire Emblem, whenever it's Tokyo Mirrage session, Project X Zone, the numbers of Alt and appearance in Heroes, Fire Emblem Warrior-

I'm almost kinda surprised, because unlike most of characters who lose characters or just becomes flanderisation of themselves. Chrom just became better and better, that's kinda neat

D

Deleted member

He belongs in Smash.
Depends on what you define an all-star as in this context I suppose.
But I’d say that he’s like, at the very least B+ tier in the context of Nintendo, if not A.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'd pull for Doomguy given the chance to see him in Smash.
I don't think Doomguy has a good chance either. I don't think any western IP characters have a good chance. Shovel Knight as an assist is the best we've got for western IPs

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wish we had gotten a different FE protagonist and not Chrom. We have THREE characters from Awakening. Seems a little excessive
TIL having a game's actual main character is excessive.

D

Deleted member

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I dunno. We've never had any playable western IPs. I won't believe we're getting any playable western IPs until I see it
It wasn't a serious post, to be honest. I'm just trying to guess every single pick no one else is so I can be the one people screencap and hailed as a leaker prophet.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

He belongs in Smash.
I don't disagree with you, but I still think there were better options for an Echo than Chrom.

Honestly, I think he would've made more sense as an alt for Lucina.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey, I can dream, right?

#ForbiddenPeriod

:glare: Really? You're gonna down this road over something that shouldn't be taken seriously in the first place, man?
Your missing his joke dude

D

Deleted member

It wasn't a serious post, to be honest. I'm just trying to guess every single pick no one else is so I can be the one people screencap and hailed as a leaker prophet.
In that case claiming uh, the kid from that new God of War game in smash before you can.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I guess I just don’t get preoccupied with harmless **** people think about in their free time enough to be “disgusted” by it. I don’t think we’re the arbiters of what makes any kind of thinking disgusting or not. Policing thought especially re: fiction is pretty frivolous.

Not that anyone is definitely doing that here but still. Who the hell cares what someone is attracted to as long as the IRL implications involve legal consent and no one is getting hurt

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Chrom in retrospect was more of an unfortunate misread then anything intentionally malicious on Sakurai's part. Looking at the interviews it's pretty clear he didn't mean any harm in the scene and only made it because he couldn't think up a good moveset from Chrom, but he didn't take into account the scene being interpreted as dismissive of the character and making him seem like a poor choice, which caused him to get a negative stigma that the fanbase ran with. That made the situation for his fans all the worse since not only was their favorite character deconfirmed, you had the fanbase poking fun at them to rub salt in the wound and that could get pretty bad depending on who you were talking to. It also probably didn't help that Chrom was associated with the Gematsu leak and the localization upped his memetic loser status in the translation, both of which made things worse for him as the former also got the negative feelings around it being latched onto him and the latter made him out to be more of a joke then intended.

As for Ridley and whether his was worse, both honestly could get pretty awful regardless. For some of the differences they had, both had a rough time during Smash 4's speculation.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Right we should have Byleth, Edalgard, Dmitri, and Claude because they're ALL protagonists.
Is three houses the OoT or Persona 4 of the franchise?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

The reason I think Chrom would work better as an Ike echo is because the Awakening Falchion is closer in size to Ragnell then Archanea's Falchion/the Sword of Seals. I get why they wanted him as a Roy echo though, Lucina is already a Marth echo, and they emphasized that Lucina and Chrom have the same fighting style in Awakening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom