• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Okay, hear me out. You're all thinking too small when it comes to a Sony rep. The real best option?

Sly Cooper. It's time.
When it comes Sony reps in Fighting games, my biggest dream comes in the form of Sir Daniel Fortesque joining a Soul Calibur game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Aw dang it. They could have gotten a sound alike or something. Or even used archive audio.

Not to sound racist, but I just don’t like the way Japanese sounds.
They can't, Steve Burton is the only voice actor that can legally perform as English voice of Cloud.

D

Deleted member

They can't, Steve Burton is the only voice actor that can legally perform as English voice of Cloud.
Why he can’t play the character in Smash?

Kingdome Hearts 3? A work with another project? Or a personal thing?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

I think the explanation is like this:

"Something something unions something something."

That's all I know, TBH.

D

Deleted member

He’s union. Smash doesn’t work with union voice actors, unless they’re uncredited. But Square’s contract with Steve has a clause that says he must be credited for his voice acting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
RIP for whatever he said for his down taunt. I always liked the way he said that.... :T
Roy never said anything during his Down Taunt, he just yelled.

His side taunt is the one with the quote. In English, Roy says, "I won't lose!" for his side-taunt.

D

Deleted member

Hm, analysing...

Analysing...

Yeah, no, those are some damn solid choices. Especially Golden Sun. Don't find a lot of us anymore. If you do get the shot though Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Odyssey, are all masterpieces in their own right. I mean, every single series present in Smash is worth checking out but those 3 are the most mainstream I can think of. Personally, some of my personal favorites would be Pikmin 3, Earthbound, Punch-Out!! Wii, Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, Odyssey, Majora's Mask, Tropical Freeze, Xenoblade 1, F-Zero GX, and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. A lot of those aren't that easy to get ahold of.

Opinion on the 3rd parties?
Hey man. Sorry for late reply lol. Anyways, opinions on third parties:
Sonic: Meh. Never cared for his games. You ask me, I think they kinda suck aside from a few titles.
Mega Man: Fun as hell. I prefer the X games over the originals, but both line of games are awesome. I plan on trying out Mega Man Zero some time.
Pac-Man: Uhh....The arcade is a classic?
Metal Gear Solid: Phenomenal series! I love all of the Metal Gear games. My favorite is MGS 2. MGS 1 and 3 are awesome too.
Street Fighter: Don’t have that much of an opinion as I haven’t played much of those a games.
Final Fantasy: Same deal. Thought I like Final Fanatasies IV and VI.
Bayonetta: Tied with Devil May Cry for my favorite character action game series. Both titles are fun as hell to play, and Bayonetta herself is a cool character.
Castlevania: Another awesome series! Castlevania has a lot of great titles, like Aria of Sorrow, Super Castlevania IV, Portriat of Ruin, Symphony of The Night, and Order of Ecclesia.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed

He's in a union and Nintendo doesn't work with unions.

Some voice actors like Pit's can choose to not be credited, but again, he has to be credited.

So, unfortunately, people has to hear a language different than English whenever Cloud wins or taunts. A tragedy, but nothing we can't learn from.

D

Deleted member

Sony representation? You’ve all got it wrong.
Hear me out
Giant Enemy Crab as a boss.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Notable fall speed changes. Everyone not mentioned is unchanged, and Bowser got a huge increase. Compared to Link's regular fall speed, for instance, he's actually ahead of him now.

Click the thread to see the rest if it doesn't show up.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, I don't care about representing different companies, and I wish people would stop putting such a big emphasis on it. It's one thing to discuss who you think the most likely character would be from Namco or SE, but to support someone and focus more on representing the company than discussing the character itself? I'd be lying if I said I don't find it a little annoying.

I just want a third-party character who's iconic and unique. I could care less about which company they come from.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

If I remember correctly he just wasn't asked

IDK I could be wrong

Ap, wait, it was the union thing

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He's in a union and Nintendo doesn't work with unions.

Some voice actors like Pit's can choose to not be credited, but again, he has to be credited.

So, unfortunately, people has to hear a language different than English whenever Cloud wins or taunts. A tragedy, but nothing we can't learn from.
Might be the only mod I ever download

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh my god, so we have the Classic Mode images now and Chrom's is the most pure thing I have seen in so long.

DtRRybAVsAIGWtL.jpeg
THEY'RE ALL WELCOMING HIM INTO SMASH AFTER HE GOT HIS BUTT KICKED IN THE LAST GAME, BE STILL MY HEART

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh my god, so we have the Classic Mode images now and Chrom's is the most pure thing I have seen in so long.

View attachment 180729THEY'RE ALL WELCOMING HIM INTO SMASH AFTER HE GOT HIS BUTT KICKED IN THE LAST GAME, BE STILL MY HEART
Everyone except Roy, the person he's based on.

Ironic.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

View attachment 180729THEY'RE ALL WELCOMING HIM INTO SMASH AFTER HE GOT HIS BUTT KICKED IN THE LAST GAME, BE STILL MY HEART
they're actually going to feast upon his flesh

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Lucina is still proud of her father, but Chrom can now say he’s no embarrassment to his daughter

Roberk

Smash Champion

Damn, that’s wholesome. Good for Chrom. If he got a trailer it totally should have been a continuation of Robin/Lucina’s trailer where he finally gets his chance. Hell, I don’t see how hard it would’ve been to recreate the scene in game with just having Chrom beat up Captain Falcon on Arena Ferox in his reveal.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Mario is my favourite Fire Emblem character
Is there any kind of list for all the other ones, or just a place where they're compiled?

Edit: Nevermind, saw it.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I laughed when I first saw this. It's a pretty good pic.

Although, I wish they'd stop exaggerating how long it took for him to get in Smash. Chrom's wait is nothing compared to Ridley and K. Rool's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom