• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
All this Roy talk and you guys are missing the real subliminal meaning behind the win screen:
Dr Roybotnik.png

Made this piece of trash in 5 minutes, kill me

Iridium

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I like the Link one. Wish someone tagged me earlier.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Should I write the roy x roy into crackshipping territory?

Roy x Roy, written by T3Z3R1

Roy was getting ready for the match, but suddenely, he saw the interesting sight- A koopa in the pink clown car who have shade, and found him to be lovingly. So he went over to ask for his name.

"Hey, turtle, what is your name?"

"Oh? my name is Roy, and I'm one of the koopaling" Roy replied

"Roy, huh? Well, I have same name as you" Roy responded "Nice shade, by the way"

The comment about Roy's shade caused him to be surprised. "Really? Thanks for compliment, anyone never have comment on my shade, let alone my fellow koopalings."

Roy chuckled "Say, I'm interested in teaming with you for the match." Roy with shade agrees. Soon, they went to dominate the match later that day which have Snake/Pichu teamup.

And then, they went on dominate every matches, which leads to both roys was getting interested in each other.

One day, while Roys were resting on the grass. "Boy, those sky looks so great, don't ya think?" one of them said, Red haired roy agreed, but then... "I have something to say to you, Roy."

"Oh?"

"I want to confess that I really love you, Roy. You're so beautiful and I want to kiss you badly"

Roy with shade was surprised at sudden confession, and actually agreed to said confession "You just surprised me with those confession, I admitted that I love you as well."

And... in beautiful moment ever witnessed in history of smash, Roy and Roy finally kissed each other.

now, they were dating since then.

THE END. Wait- what? Are you telling me that Roy x Lilina fangirls will come to kill me? OK CYA EVERYONE, I HAVE TO GO NOW!

monadoboy

Smash Lord
The reason I think Chrom would work better as an Ike echo is because the Awakening Falchion is closer in size to Ragnell then Archanea's Falchion/the Sword of Seals. I get why they wanted him as a Roy echo though, Lucina is already a Marth echo, and they emphasized that Lucina and Chrom have the same fighting style in Awakening.
Lucina just kinda ruins that. Her Falchion being the same is an important early-game plot point.
It would look hilariously bad if Chrom had a sword twice the size as her
And since Lucina is canonically a "Chrom clone," it would also look bad for them not to share a moveset.

D

Deleted member

Roy was getting ready for the match, but suddenely, he saw the interesting sight- A koopa in the pink clown car who have shade, and found him to be lovingly. So he went over to ask for his name.

"Roy, huh? Well, I have same name as you" Roy responded "Nice shade, by the way"

The comment about Roy's shade caused him to be surprised. "Really? Thanks for compliment, anyone never have comment on my shade, let alone my fellow koopalings."

Roy chuckled "Say, I'm interested in teaming with you for the match." Roy with shade agrees. Soon, they went to dominate the match later that day which have Snake/Pichu teamup.

And then, they went on dominate every matches, which leads to both roys was getting interested in each other.

One day, while Roys were resting on the grass. "Boy, those sky looks so great, don't ya think?" one of them said, Red haired roy agreed, but then... "I have something to say to you, Roy."

"Oh?"

"I want to confess that I really love you, Roy. You're so beautiful and I want to kiss you badly"

Roy with shade was surprised at sudden confession, and actually agreed to said confession "You just surprised me with those confession, I admitted that I love you as well."

And... in beautiful moment ever witnessed in history of smash, Roy and Roy finally kissed each other.

THE END. Wait- what? Are you telling me that Roy x Lilina fangirls will come to kill me? OK CYA EVERYONE, I HAVE TO GO NOW!
I have one question. Why?

D

Deleted member

"Oh?"

I appreciate the effort put into this but not necessarily the thought.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

"Oh?"

The greatest love story ever told. I laughed. I cried. I cheered. Thank you for this work of art.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Lucina just kinda ruins that. Her Falchion being the same is an important early-game plot point.
It would look hilariously bad if Chrom had a sword twice the size as her
And since Lucina is canonically a "Chrom clone," it would also look bad for them not to share a moveset.
You know, back in the Smash 4 days, I jokingly argued that going by Viridi's logic and Awakening's actual story, Lucina should've been an Ike clone instead of a Marth clone. Just imagine the concept of Lucina using Ike's moveset/animations, maybe with a tipper like Marth.

MainJPW

M.T.A

"Oh?"

Encore. Is there a fanfic thread on these boards? We need more pieces like these.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Right we should have Byleth, Edalgard, Dmitri, and Claude because they're ALL protagonists.
Way too early to call. It's likely not even the same situation. Despite how some people may want to view it, Awakening's "protagonist trio" is treated far from evenly.

Chrom is, at the end of the day, the main protagonist. Not Robin, definitely not Lucina, but Chrom. Lucina is a lord in name only, despite what her class says. From a gameplay perspective, she is not ever a forced deployment and her death doesn't prompt a Game Over. Robin is in the same avatar pseudo-main lord category Kris was in. Death prompts a game over, but is only a forced deployment during certain pivotal maps. Robin has the added benefit of having final segment of the game partially revolve around them, while Kris just had the paralogue chapters and prologue. But Chrom? The first two of the three acts revolve nigh exclusively around him, and the final act is split between him and Robin. When what effectively amounts to 5/6 of the game revolves around him while the final sixth is Robin's, I literally don't understand why some people act like they're equally the main lords.

Robin and Lucina are protagonists, but Chrom is the main protagonist.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Bi-weekly reminder that some of you need some serious help :laugh:

As for Sephiroth, definitely a little more sold on him after reading these posts and doing some research.

KMDP

Smash Legend

:ultbowser:Hey, Mario. You ever heard of the Super Crown?!
:ultmario:Peach, help! Bowser's-a going to do things to me!
:ultpeach:Don't care, bye,

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Way too early to call. It's likely not even the same situation. Despite how some people may want to view it, Awakening's "protagonist trio" is treated far from evenly.

Chrom is, at the end of the day, the main protagonist. Not Robin, definitely not Lucina, but Chrom. Lucina is a lord in name only, despite what her class says. From a gameplay perspective, she is not ever a forced deployment and her death doesn't prompt a Game Over. Robin is in the same avatar pseudo-main lord category Kris was in. Death prompts a game over, but is only a forced deployment during certain pivotal maps. Robin has the added benefit of having final segment of the game partially revolve around them, while Kris just had the paralogue chapters and prologue. But Chrom? The first two of the three acts revolve nigh exclusively around him, and the final act is split between him and Robin. When what effectively amounts to 5/6 of the game revolves around him while the final sixth is Robin's, I literally don't understand why some people act like they're equally the main lords.

Robin and Lucina are protagonists, but Chrom is the main protagonist.
Robin and Lucina aren’t protagonists. They’re the deuteragonist and tritagonist, respectively.

MainJPW

M.T.A

Considering she tried to strand these two on the Moon together this is perfectly in-character for Peach.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Oh man, I haven’t seen those edits in ages. They still make me laugh.
Just something about reading them in Eggman's voice is hilarious.

I just had the most horrendous flashback to the 2008 Ace Attorney fandom and now I have vertigo.

and I still laughed
Glad I got a chuckle out of you, lmao

Your ship has sailed too far.
It's so far gone, it's sailing the Great Sea.
kappa.png

When is the roy-al wedding taking place? That even is going to destROY all other Smash Bros. ships!
FebROYary 30th of next year.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

This is why peach don't care anymore after those two people wants her love at end of the Odyessy.

Bowser got lonely at the moment and want to do some nasty things to Mario while wearing super crown

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice

"Oh?"

bought a tear to my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom