• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So, since I'm bored, here's a JRPG fighting game roster I came up with:
Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy 1)
Bartz (Final Fantasy 5)
Terra (Final Fantasy 6)
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6)
Cloud (Final Fantasy 7)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7)
Squall (Final Fantasy 8)
Zidane (Final Fantasy 9)
Tidus (Final Fantasy 10)
Noctis (Final Fantasy 15)
Erdrick (Dragon Quest 3)
Able (Dragon Quest 5)
Bianca (Dragon Quest 5)
Eight (Dragon Quest 8)
Luminary (Dragon Quest 11)
Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
2B (Nier Automata)
Marth (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
Roy (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade)
Hector (Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade)
Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn)
Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Azura (Fire Emblem: Fates)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
Luke von Faba- something (Tales of The Abyss)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)
Mila (Tales of Xillia)
Velvet (Tales of Berasia)
KOS MOS (Xenosaga)
Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
Kazyua (Shin Megami Tensei 1)
Aleph (Shin Megami Tensei 2)
Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne)
Marine (Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey)
Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei 4)
Minato (Persona 3)
Aegis (Persona 3)
Yu Narukami (Persona 4)
Ren Ayamaya (Persona 5)
The Dude From Valkyrie Chronicles (Valkyrie Chronicles)
Rein (The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel)

This is a fun idea. Seems like there are some glaring omissions to be honest though, and honestly as much as I ove the genre I'm still not the best informed. I mean seriously you could add Mario as an SMRPG rep. lol Or even Pokemon for that matter.

But for real, nothing for Suikoden at all is criminal. Personally I'd like to see Chrono Cross to go with Trigger. This one is more niche, but Legend of Dragoon is a favorite of mine. Skies of Arcadia? Dark Cloud? Ni No Kuni? Earthbound? Kingdom Hearts? Breath of Fire? Secret of Mana?

Point being, there are soooo many to choose from. Gotta get some breadth in that roster as well as the depth you've got going.

But most importantly, we can't snub Golden Sun here too! lol

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Yeah, on the other hand, a stage in the City of Ancients would look pretty cool, too. Nice looking blues; crystal staircases; giant seashell looking buildings. It'd look very bright; similar to Fountain of Dreams, but brighter in a way.

I do see your point about Kalm, but in all honesty, it's probably the least remembered village in 7. Everybody remembers Midgar, Golden Saucer, Junon with its giant cannon (and the scene against Weapon was awesome), even Rocket Town...but Kalm? There's a flashback there and that's it. The only other reason to go is for the Ruby & Emerald Weapon sidequests and its almost easier to just raise a Gold Chocobo or master every materia yourself than beat those two lol.

Assuming square would let them, and they were willing to put in the effort, the best thing to do for a stage would be to have it go across the planet to different locales. we already have midgar, so probably something like a moving stage that brings/sets you down in Junon (maybe on the cannon itself that can charge & fire occasionally as a stage hazard), brings you to Gold Saucer (for an almost Mario kart stage hazard as a bunch of Chocobo riders pass by on the race track every now and then), drops you in Rocket Town, then to the City of Ancients, Mideel for a possible Ultimate Weapon boss-like appearance, then finally Northern Crater before repeating the cycle. Or less, of course, because thats a lot lol. But, point is; something that can show off the more well known locations of the game other than Midgar.

Chances are, though, if Sephiroth were to be DLC and a stage came with him, it would just be a single location. Either inside the Nibelheim reactor he got 'Mother' or inside Northern Crater where he was confronted for the last time (Im not bothering with 'Spoiler Tags' since FF7 was released 21 years ago; its beyond the Spoiler date)

EDIT: I replied since this was in my Alerts tab; I didnt realize the thread had already moved almost 10 pgs since 11pm last night (at least it was 11pm for me lol).
Nah.. is ok.. yeah, i don't think is going to be a moving stage... oh and also XD

sometimes an image speaks for itself XD.. probably the 2 most iconic sephirot moments are the stab and the fire. City of ancients would also be cool.

Speaking of moving stage... if Crono is the one... at least him really could use a moving stage that moves between different time periods! :o

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
If we get both Crono and Banjo for DLC, which is looking more and more likely, this will be a big win for Nintendo fans

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Villager route as Yoshi is one of the earlier characters to get...
which route is closest to Greninja ?

Also about amiibo such a bummer we didn't get Trainer, Ivysaur and Squirtle

Also can someone spoil which path you need to get to Greninaj the quickest and if he's one of the early characters, i don't mind spoilers, surprise characters were like what ? to me Spirits i've not watched PapaGeno's video because i was a big Billybo10K fan at the time and i didn't know he existed until months ago was huh neat. Incineroar was exciting even though he was leaked

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If we get both Crono and Banjo for DLC, which is looking more and more likely, this will be a big win for Nintendo fans
I honestly don't think they're too likely, assuming Nintendo is choosing the DLC and not Sakurai...
Nintendo's more likely to want big and marketable third party characters over more niche and non-mainstream ones

I'm thinking less Crono and Banjo, and more DQ Slime and Steve

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
which route is closest to Greninja ?

Also about amiibo such a bummer we didn't get Trainer, Ivysaur and Squirtle

Also can someone spoil which path you need to get to Greninaj the quickest and if he's one of the early characters, i don't mind spoilers, surprise characters were like what ? to me Spirits i've not watched PapaGeno's video because i was a big Billybo10K fan at the time and i didn't know he existed until months ago was huh neat. Incineroar was exciting even though he was leaked
They're in development!

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I can't deny I am not the biggest fan of DQ. Really hope the Square rep is someone cooler, like Sora or even Geno maybe.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What path would you go to in World of Light

I'm going Marth route and i heard u get someone and I heard they're a good character or I can find a route that is closest to Greninja
uhhh...
Whichever one gives me Inkling the soonest I guess

That's even worse! :(
I want a dragon quest character more than a lot of the other SE options... lol

I've had more fun with DQ than I ever really did with FF.

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
in world of light, what happens if you go through a certain path in the beginning? are the other characters you dont choose lost forever?

SirCamp

Smash Ace
That's even worse! :(
Literally all of the games listed are great. Not really sure why anyone would be disappointed in any. I would personally prefer Banjo and Chrono myself, but DQ, KH, and Rayman are all great choices and significant franchises. I'd suggest giving a Dragon Quest game a try honestly.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ehh.. I'll just leave the third-party speculation up to other users here. Don't really care which of them gets in because I don't have a connection with many of them. I'm just hoping we'll be lucky enough to get three first-party characters.

D

Deleted member

Literally all of the games listed are great. Not really sure why anyone would be disappointed in any. I would personally prefer Banjo and Chrono myself, but DQ, Kingdom Hearts, and Rayman are all great choices from significant franchises. I'd suggest giving a Dragon Quest game a try honestly.
Wouldn't Erdrick just be another swordfighter tho? :(
At least Sora wouldn't be so generic.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Wouldn't Erdrick just be another swordfighter tho? :(
At least Sora wouldn't be so generic.
Well, to be fair I'm hoping for Slime myself lol. But regardless, barring Fire Emblem shenanigans I am confident in Sakurai and his team's ability to make literally any character fun, so I'm not really worried about that. Also, the Hero has access to magic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom