• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
What, that dreaded program will last for another 90 YEARS?!!!:yoshi:
No, it's ending this year. It will officially be closed end of this year.

Edit: Ohh! I see the mistake XD My bad :p

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alright, gonna pull out another mini-game cuz I feel like it:

Remove one character from Smash Ultimate. In exchange, you receive an Amiibo of that character made purely out of the precious metal or gemstone of your choice (only the figure itself; the base will remain the same materials Nintendo uses for all Amiibo statue bases) for free.

Who do you pick, and what material do you pick?
I'm removing the Detective Pikachu spirit cause his amiibo is huge.
Made out of Rhodium.

Just kidding, I know you meant fighters.
Probably Ridley (Still Rhodium). Though he is kinda scrawny, but I think I just wouldn't really mind his absence and he's Big Enough to have the rhodium amiibo be interesting to my wallet.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Most characters had their speed stats changed by ~1.1x, or a 10% increase. I was very confused when I ran into Ike, who had his speed stat changed from 1.5 to 1.507. This is only a ~1.005x multiplier, or a half a percent increase. I was confused as to why they would make a change so arbitrarily small, until I found out that 1.507 is actually Ike's Brawl speed x 1.1. They multiplied the wrong speed stat for Ike, and he got shafted as a result. That's kind of depressing.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Alright, gonna pull out another mini-game cuz I feel like it:

Remove one character from Smash Ultimate. In exchange, you receive an Amiibo of that character made purely out of the precious metal or gemstone of your choice (only the figure itself; the base will remain the same materials Nintendo uses for all Amiibo statue bases) for free.

Who do you pick, and what material do you pick?
A statue of Young Link entirely made of emerald.
Young Link is my favorite version of Link, but we already have 3 links so having one less wouldn't hurt, especially since he will probably still be removed in the next game anyway, regardless of if I get my emerald statue or not.
Emerald because it's green.

Actually, I have a papercraft of Young Link (Majora) already in my room.
this one:

(this is not my own papercraft, just a picture of the same papercraft made by someone else that I have found on the web).
I also have the Majora's Mask and a Kirby.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I wonder if Simon and Richter actually uses equipment stat like Doctor Mario, people has claimed Simon is slower but heavier while Richter is lighter and faster.

I really hope Richter isn't an actual clone, I will take even a slightly clone like Pit vs Dark pit.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Alright, without further ado, here are all the Ultimate Run Speed changes! Every character not listed below got a 1.1x run speed multiplier between their last appearance and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Speed changes greater than 1.1x:

• Squirtle - ~1.285x
  • Player 2 Ice Climber - ~1.213x (1.1x faster than the Player 1 Ice Climber's new speed)
  • Sheik - ~1.2x
  • Snake - ~1.181x
  • Peach - ~1.125x
  • Mii Brawler - ~1.116x (compared to default variant from Smash 4)

Speed changes less than 1.1x:

• Ivysaur - ~1.063x
  • Mii Gunner - ~1.054x (compared to default variant from Smash 4)
  • Mii Swordfighter - ~1.053x (compared to default variant from Smash 4)
  • Young Link - ~1.017x
  • Ike - ~1.005x (1.1x his Brawl run speed instead of his Smash 4 speed, oops)
  • Ryu - 1x (Ken stole Ryu's 10% speed boost)
Every character in the first list is buffed compared to the rest of the cast, while every character in the second list is nerfed compared to the rest of the cast.

By the way, I also did a Twitter thread dissecting the weight buffs and nerfs across the Smash Ultimate cast if you want to check it out:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder if Simon and Richter actually uses equipment stat like Doctor Mario, people has claimed Simon is slower but heavier while Richter is lighter and faster.

I really hope Richter isn't an actual clone, I will take even a slightly clone like Pit vs Dark pit.
Aren't they basically the same? They only have like minor differences

D

Deleted member

Only 8 Days left! This is really exciting!
Even with all the music that we got, there is one song that we needed, but unfortunately didn't get...

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'll pretend its seven day's left since I preloaded the game and will basically play the game once midnight hits even though that's technically not how time works... :upsidedown:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll pretend its seven day's left since I preloaded the game and will basically play the game once midnight hits even though that's technically not how time works... :estatic:
Technically if you play at midnight it's still 8 days from now, not 7... :psycho:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So, since I'm bored, here's a JRPG fighting game roster I came up with:
Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy 1)
Bartz (Final Fantasy 5)
Terra (Final Fantasy 6)
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6)
Cloud (Final Fantasy 7)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7)
Squall (Final Fantasy 8)
Zidane (Final Fantasy 9)
Tidus (Final Fantasy 10)
Noctis (Final Fantasy 15)
Erdrick (Dragon Quest 3)
Able (Dragon Quest 5)
Bianca (Dragon Quest 5)
Eight (Dragon Quest 8)
Luminary (Dragon Quest 11)
Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
2B (Nier Automata)
Marth (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
Roy (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade)
Hector (Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade)
Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn)
Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Azura (Fire Emblem: Fates)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
Luke von Faba- something (Tales of The Abyss)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)
Mila (Tales of Xillia)
Velvet (Tales of Berasia)
KOS MOS (Xenosaga)
Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
Kazyua (Shin Megami Tensei 1)
Aleph (Shin Megami Tensei 2)
Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne)
Marine (Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey)
Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei 4)
Minato (Persona 3)
Aegis (Persona 3)
Yu Narukami (Persona 4)
Ren Ayamaya (Persona 5)
The Dude From Valkyrie Chronicles (Valkyrie Chronicles)
Rein (The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel)
There are some weird picks and omissions here. Kind of cool to see Milla Maxwell even though as one of the two people on the planet whose favorite tales game is TOX2 I prefer Fractured Milla by a mile but like, Welkin wouldn't work as the Valkyria Chronicles rep because he's just in a tank. Alicia would be better there, and then the squad 7 members can show up in her final smash. Also, no Vyse from Skies of Arcadia is a big miss. KOS-MOS is great, but Shion is the main protagonist of Xenosaga so she should at least show up as an assist, and I'm sure Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears should be on that list too. It's cool that Aigis is there but Minako should be on the roster too or I'll...I'll...complain loudly online! There's also a lack of Rudy Roughknight or Virginia Maxwell...

Fun idea tho. I'd play it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'll pretend its seven day's left since I preloaded the game and will basically play the game once midnight hits even though that's technically not how time works... :estatic:
I took advantage of the Amazon Prime preorder discount for the physical copy so I have to wait for it to show up, but tbh that's fine
I'll be ready to play you all by next Saturday for sure.

D

Deleted member

i was refering to the first Kalm, but i kinda had mixed down... :s

Personally i remember it having a kinda of gloomy atmosphere and i though that a gloomy calm little village would be a good change of pace for the typical not legal stage. just give it a interesting neutral layout and call it a day. ( i mean, look at the AC stages) Yeah, as a DLC stage may be difficult.. on teh other hand, nibelheim on fire... isn't that like the most iconic sephiroth scene outside of stabitty stabitty doo?
Yeah, on the other hand, a stage in the City of Ancients would look pretty cool, too. Nice looking blues; crystal staircases; giant seashell looking buildings. It'd look very bright; similar to Fountain of Dreams, but brighter in a way.

I do see your point about Kalm, but in all honesty, it's probably the least remembered village in 7. Everybody remembers Midgar, Golden Saucer, Junon with its giant cannon (and the scene against Weapon was awesome), even Rocket Town...but Kalm? There's a flashback there and that's it. The only other reason to go is for the Ruby & Emerald Weapon sidequests and its almost easier to just raise a Gold Chocobo or master every materia yourself than beat those two lol.

Assuming square would let them, and they were willing to put in the effort, the best thing to do for a stage would be to have it go across the planet to different locales. we already have midgar, so probably something like a moving stage that brings/sets you down in Junon (maybe on the cannon itself that can charge & fire occasionally as a stage hazard), brings you to Gold Saucer (for an almost Mario kart stage hazard as a bunch of Chocobo riders pass by on the race track every now and then), drops you in Rocket Town, then to the City of Ancients, Mideel for a possible Ultimate Weapon boss-like appearance, then finally Northern Crater before repeating the cycle. Or less, of course, because thats a lot lol. But, point is; something that can show off the more well known locations of the game other than Midgar.

Chances are, though, if Sephiroth were to be DLC and a stage came with him, it would just be a single location. Either inside the Nibelheim reactor he got 'Mother' or inside Northern Crater where he was confronted for the last time (Im not bothering with 'Spoiler Tags' since FF7 was released 21 years ago; its beyond the Spoiler date)

EDIT: I replied since this was in my Alerts tab; I didnt realize the thread had already moved almost 10 pgs since 11pm last night (at least it was 11pm for me lol).

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit somehow remembers Snake but not Lucas and Wolf.

It’s just an event that video game characters are invited to, isn’t it? I imagine it’s like any other crossover like...Wreck-it Ralph, Mario & Sonic etc.

Think of video game characters like actors and their (official) appearances in video games and movies are their roles. It’s like how Miyamoto see the Mario series.
Snake is more popular...makes enough sense
An actual clone? Aren't all echoes are clones?
No, only Dark Pit is a clone...everyone else who’s an echo are just copycats (the others) or superiors (Daisy)...or just another Chrom

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Yes, but Simon and Richter seems to be 100% same with only cosmetic differences.
  1. Yeah, but the emphasis on "seems". We don't have every single thing yet.
  2. So what?
I don't mind Richter being his own character, but I don't think a few cosmetic differences alone warranted him being an Echo. Unless there's more differences between the two than I realize, Richter really should've been an alt instead, and I can see his existence causing a lot of problems with alts in the future. "Richter got in as a separate character despite being exactly the same as Simon, so why couldn't 'insert character' be a separate character too?!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom