• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Square is very good at keeping things under wraps, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Square rep if someone most of us are not expecting at all.
Do people just not know basically everything about the newly announced FFXIV dlc leaked months ago?

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
Man like I'd rather have Fawful playable if we're wishing for Mario RPG reps. Even if it is for the memes.

Do people just not know basically everything about the newly announced FFXIV dlc leaked months ago?
Most people were too busy talking FF15 officially getting it's plug pulled.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’m gonna laugh if it turns out there is no new Square Enix character coming and we should have all seen it coming with how little SE stuff is in Smash and how the chocobo and Geno costumes are gone, there is hardly any FF stuff other than Cloud and a stage with 2 tracks, and Geno and Mallow are just spirits. And allegedly Sakurai got Cloud back at the last second to get “Everyone is Here!” in time for E3.

All of this speculating and arguing and debating for nothing.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sephiroth only uses his fists and kicks when fighting. His sword is just a taunt.
Sephiroth isn't actually on the battlefield at all. You just fight weird goo monsters while his ghost phases through the stage occasionally.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I’m gonna laugh if it turns out there is no new Square Enix character coming and we should have all seen it coming with how little SE stuff is in Smash and how the chocobo and Geno costumes are gone, there is hardly any FF stuff other than Cloud and a stage with 2 tracks, and Geno and Mallow are just spirits. And allegedly Sakurai got Cloud back at the last second to get “Everyone is Here!” in time for E3.

Pleaaase please please please stop spreading the rumor about Cloud. No backing for it.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

I mean, to be fair, ALL third party costumes are gone, not just Square. The two tracks thing also isn't their fault since they technically don't own the music.

To me, it's very likely they'll get DLC. Not just because of the leakers, but because of all the cross-promotion DLC Square's been doing lately.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Are people taking someone seriously who says stealth is part of the leaking community? STEALTH? Like really? I don't even know what's going on but that isn't setting red flags off for anyone?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
But seriously when I heard Crono was on the list I can't say I too didn't get a little smile on my face that they'd even consider that myself.

I don't know. I'd favor Geno or another FF character myself (preferably not Sephiroth but eh I'll deal), but man I feel like if you're gonna pull an upset?

Crono is best "upset."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man all this MegaMan Legends love in the spirits and Mega Man's Final Smash.

I just....Nintendo. Capcom. Please.

Megaman Legends 3. Nintendo Switch? 2019? 2020?

Just please.
I'd be happy if they re-released those first two games. I know they're outdated, but at least help them reach a new audience.

The real shame about not getting a new one is that there's probably a lot of improvements that could be made with it.

At that point? I ain't even mad. I still get my homegirl in a new video game as the second Mega Man rep.
Tron could be a fun choice for a second Mega Man character. Not my first choice, but still a cool one.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Leaks really bring us together and apart at the same time, don't they?

Well, that's how it seems almost every time...

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Pleaaase please please please stop spreading the rumor about Cloud. No backing for it.
That’s fine. I had only heard about it. I haven’t seen actual proof of it either.

But everything on these forums in terms of “hearing things from leakers” and “I know Ambassadors” have no backing for it either. It’s all, he said; she said.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This is another thing I've considered, that we're all just running around in a fever and Square's laughing at their head office like ''Silly fools. We don't even give a ****."

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Why does everyone keep bringing that stuff about Cloud up, I like Stealth and talk to him from time to time, but take what he says with a grain of salt just like you would do with a leaker. We don't REALLY know if that was even true or not.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm not against proper use of the english language, but correcting other people in casual conversation has always struck me as pretty snobby, if you can see where I'm coming from.
In a formal context though **** yeah it bugs the **** out of me. I've gotten countless professional e-mails at work that demonstrate no greater than 3rd grade level english and it always astounds me.
I totally get your sentiment, but I wouldn't exactly say this is casual conversation. There are people participating in debates and arguments trying to make actual points and when you can't spell words or use proper grammar it discredits what could be a valid argument. That's my take on it.
Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong, as the person who's dm'd Verge. That, and hearing Geno from Nintendo brand ambassadors. Doesn't really seem like there is any deconfirmation. You should stop making assumptions.

And no, this DM has not been going around for a while. It's within the past few days, actually.
>past few days
>not a while
It's the same thing.

Okay. Did you get Verge's permission to share that DM? And where's your proof for the Nintendo Brand Ambassador's claims?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I've been told I'm square before, and I'll have you know, you're going to take your Life Is Strange rep and like it

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I guess one thing I do want to comment as well when in regards to the SE character discussion is that Nintendo was the one who decided on the SE character and brought them up to SE for a deal.

A lot of people have been pushing on SE’s views and who SE would want to go for and what they want to promote as if they were the ones that went up to Nintendo, when they are forgetting that Nintendo is also apart of the equation too (too much sometimes). In the end, Nintendo was the one who made the call on the character that they wanted to include, and decided to confront SE on making a deal with said character.

Nintendo could very well pick Sora, Erdrick, Geno, Chrono, etc. The points for those characters are still valid as a reason for their inclusion, but I really doubt SE kept bribering them on characters when Nintendo went up to SE. Nintendo is a juggernaut of company in the gaming industry and definitely isn’t a slouch when it comes to business decisions and cooperating with other companies, so I find it more likely that Nintendo went up to SE with a character in mind that they were ready to discuss about. SE could suggest other characters to Nintendo, but I doubt that SE’s influence was as much of a roadblock as people are making it out to be since if Nintendo and SE are in a disagreement on who should be added, then a deal probably wouldn’t have made at all.

But those are just my thoughts on this whole debacle.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I totally get your sentiment, but I wouldn't exactly say this is casual conversation. There are people participating in debates and arguments trying to make actual points and when you can't spell words or use proper grammar it discredits what could be a valid argument. That's my take on it.

>past few days
>not a while
It's the same thing.

Okay. Did you get Verge's permission to share that DM? And where's your proof for the Nintendo Brand Ambassador's claims?
He doesn’t need proof on these forums. All you have to say is “I know ‘people’ who say “X” is in, and if “X” is a popular pick everyone likes it and believes them.

However, if it’s something negative against “X” then everyone wants “proof” and “backing”.

D

Deleted member

I totally get your sentiment, but I wouldn't exactly say this is casual conversation.
Ah yes, the serious intellectual battles of the mind that take place in Smashboards. Truly, smash bros is serious business.
(i get what you’re saying btw, I’m just making a joke)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
He doesn’t need proof on these forums. All you have to say is “I know ‘people’ who say “X” is in, and if “X” is a popular pick everyone likes it and believes them.

However, if it’s something negative against “X” then everyone wants “proof” and “backing”.
If only it was this simple and if only people on this board were this stupid.

It's really not that easy friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom