• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If only it was this simple and if only people on this board were this stupid.

It's really not that easy friend.
I don’t know man... I’ve only been on these forums for a month or so and I have seen a lot of stupid things. People don’t think clearly when it involves something they’re interested in.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Ah yes, the serious intellectual battles of the mind that take place in Smashboards. Truly, smash bros is serious business.
(i get what you’re saying btw, I’m just making a joke)
I don't get what he's saying at all. If smashboards isn't casual discussion then what is it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can you guys imagine the reactions if there's no Square character? We gonna be waiting for the 5th DLC character to be revealed one of the 7(I shall dub them, the Forbidden 7... no, wait...) and then it's just straight up, I dunno, Sans Undertale or John Fortnite.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I don't get what he's saying at all. If smashboards isn't casual discussion then what is it?
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Super Smash Bros. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical player's head. There's also Kirby's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Super Smash Bros. truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Kirby's existencial catchphrase "Poyo," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Masahiro Sakurai's genius unfolds itself on their CRTs. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Smash tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 percentage points of my own (preferably higher) beforehand.

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Can you guys imagine the reactions if there's no Square character? We gonna be waiting for the 5th DLC character to be revealed one of the 7(I shall dub them, the Forbidden 7... no, wait...) and then it's just straight up, I dunno, Sans Undertale or John Fortnite.
A Lucina/Robin Gematsu moment if ever there was one.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I'm good with any of those choices.

I have severe doubts about Sephiroth due to the amount of FF content in Smash as is, but I definitely wouldn't turn my nose up to him. Hearing One Winged Angel and J-E-N-O-V-A in Smash would be great.

All the Dragon Quest characters would be welcome as well, regardless of the controversy attached with some of the people involved. We only got two new franchises in this Smash in Splatoon and Castlevania, seeing a few new game worlds would be nice.

Crono tho.... Everyone who loves the SNES library will collectively nut.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I just wants to unlock Ice Climbers, and the rest of the game will come slow, since I don't care much about unlocking characters.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Part of me wants to see it just to see this place go up in chaos.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'll be real I want Sans more than I want anyone on that list except maybe Crono and if that makes me a filthy casual so be it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My problem with Sephiroth is.

Dude has the potential to be Bayonetta level busted.

You know that's busted when a Bayonetta main says it.

D

Deleted member

Maybe I’ll be Geno
Already a spirit Geno
What about Luminary?
Too new Luminary
I’ll be Chrono
Irrelevant Chrono
You’re right so Sora
Disney don’t want Sora
I guess I’ll be Erdrick
Composer so no Erdrick
Then I’ll be Slime
Too generic slime
I have an idea
What’s your idea?
You should be...
YOU SHOULD’VE BEEN COOKING MAMA

I’m so sorry for making this. I don’t know what otherworldly forces compelled me to make this

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Honestly, I'm good with any of those choices.

I have severe doubts about Sephiroth due to the amount of FF content in Smash as is, but I definitely wouldn't turn my nose up to him. Hearing One Winged Angel and J-E-N-O-V-A in Smash would be great.

All the Dragon Quest characters would be welcome as well, regardless of the controversy attached with some of the people involved. We only got two new franchises in this Smash in Splatoon and Castlevania, seeing a few new game worlds would be nice.

Crono tho.... Everyone who loves the SNES library will collectively nut.

there is that one image of chrom on the official website that looks like a sephiroth reference...but i dont think the square rep is sephiroth (if we get a square rep)

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
"Guys, they're totally saving the Square rep for the second season fighter pass!"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As someone who only recent started reaching out to people and talking with those in the know as you will.

Children you don't know the half of how much of an internal mess the leaker scene is.

It's basically everyone running around with their heads chopped off and they're rolling around and they bump into things but they're just trying to make sense of it all.
And that's different from threads like these how? The running around like Chickens part seems familiar.

D

Deleted member

I'll be real I want Sans more than I want anyone on that list except maybe Crono and if that makes me a filthy casual so be it.
Sans Undertale doesn't interest me personally but the absolute salt and memes would be great. Also, Undertale music is great.

And I genuinely want a Fortnite character but if I say that here I'm gonna be crucified

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So what did I miss?
Because I only care about the truth. I used to be friends w/ Loz18 until he said there were 2 fighters in the sept direct and I knew he was fake because I knew Isabelle would be the only reveal in that direct. Our discord server was the one where Loz18 had his meltdown before deleting his Twitter. It's not like the characters Verge heard are really that pivotal. DLC has been going around very little at NoA, and Verge is in a scramble hearing a bunch of varying characters. He didn't want to share what he heard publically, so I figured I would. Fans deserve to know, tbh.

Also Verge messed with Stealth before. As somebody who cares about Stealth as a friend, I feel like it's right to do what Verge did to him.
And suddenly we know you're full of it!

D

Deleted member

For the last ****ing time, Crono is the character, Chrono Trigger is the game.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
"Guys, they're totally saving the Square rep for the second season fighter pass!"
“I know the NoJ President’s son! I have connections. Don’t listen to those other leakers. It may seem like I have a bit of a bias towards “X” because I hang out in the “X” thread all of the time, but it’s definitely true!”

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd like to believe PolarPanda because he's verified his information (including the NoA stuff) with long-time members such as Fatmanonice, but of course we should always take any leak information with a mine grain of salt.

And, since Nekoo and tehponycorn have talked about the DM like it's true, I especially believe the DM part of Panda's info.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>Implying Leakers are people.

Nah dude, they're just people who have a leak spirit equipped to them.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Imagine a Matchup of a Fat blonde "kid" in a mech (that's also his own bed) who has gone through multiple eras while making an army for himself Versus a Blindfolded Android with a one-piece undershirt Versus a Mutated Bandicoot who doesn't know how to talk or think intelligently.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Okay so the list is probably fake and a but do remember we did hear from what I believe was a reliable source that Nintendo may look to nostalgia for the DLC.

Crono seems a little more likely now. But I mean, so do Slime and Erdrick.

Of course, all these couldn't cross at all and everything could be BS but yknow, fun to consider.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Um excuse me. He is not called John Fortnite.
He is Jonsey the Fornite Guy.
Get your facts straight main.
As a high caliber Fortnite player, I'm very insulted by this misconception.
If you couldn't tell, I am joking.;)

LetterO

Smash Lord
Wait, there's another leak? What happened? Somebody tell me I haven't been on for like a few hours

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm kind of hoping Sephiroth ain't in it. I know he's iconic and all, but he sounds like such a ***** to deal with. His sword is the DUMBEST of Dumb Anime Swords.

Out of those choices Crono or Sora would be ideal I think. But I'd also take Lara over both of them. Though that's assuming the SE character is actually real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom