• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wait, there's another leak? What happened? Somebody tell me I haven't been on for like a few hours
Turns out the SE rep is just every Square character in existence as one fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That's another thing.

In the multiple people I've spoken to about the Square Rep. No one has said Lara.

I was a very angry gay man.

Ya'll say Square don't care about Geno, but at least he's made the lists going around.

AT LEAST HE HAS THAT OKAY?!

D

Deleted member

>mfw my ritual to get Crono to be talked about in the Smash community as if he had actual chances of getting in worked
Maybe I should do it again but sacrifice someone this time. That should strengthen the spell...
So hey, anyone here willing to die to get a video game character in another video game? I'll give cookies in return.

D

Deleted member

Okay so the list is probably fake and a but do remember we did hear from what I believe was a reliable source that Nintendo may look to nostalgia for the DLC.

Crono seems a little more likely now. But I mean, so do Slime and Erdrick.

Of course, all these couldn't cross at all and everything could be BS but yknow, fun to consider.
Pretty sure the person who first said that was Hitagi by way of Graizen telling us.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
That's another thing.

In the multiple people I've spoken to about the Square Rep. No one has said Lara.

Ya'll say Square don't care about Geno, but at least he's made the lists going around.

Why would he not make lists going around? He had a Mii Costume and now has a spirit. Due to that alone I’m sure his name has been heard plenty of times.

D

Deleted member

>mfw my ritual to get Crono to be talked about in the Smash community as if he had actual chances of getting in worked
Maybe I should do it again but sacrifice someone this time. That should strengthen the spell...
So hey, anyone here willing to die to get a video game character in another video game? I'll give cookies in return.
Always did wanna try out Yoshimistu’s suicide move in real life.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That's another thing.

Yeah and Lara has a very successful reboot.

I'd say it evens out.

Blueant22

Smash Rookie
there is that one image of chrom on the official website that looks like a sephiroth reference...but i dont think the square rep is sephiroth (if we get a square rep)
I know very little about Final Fantasy, so I always thought that image was a very subtle reference to Alfonse and Sharena from FE heroes, both have one small wing on their upper armor that's on the same side as the one in the Chrom image.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Y’all may not have Geno...but combine the inferior :ultcloud: with THE SUPERIOR :ultpiranha:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77157797?jumpto=2#2 this post Verge made a couple weeks back makes me really think Verge wouldn't just randomly dm this to any person. I would really take this with a grain of salt I don't know why people are jumping to conclusions without seeing anything themselves. lol. Not saying i'm wrong cause i could be.
Oh hey, it was that question I asked him! I never got a confirmation on Spirits from him, but his response to Geno was interesting. Given his description of Square though, it's not surprising that they would resort to firing employees if the actual character got out. They already have Sakurai by the balls in terms of what they allow him to include in Smash.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Wait is this about Hitagi again? I'm confused because I have no idea if they're still reliable or not. But if it's real, count me uninterested and disappointed if we get anybody on that list who isn't Sora or Geno.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Speculating, I think.
But the addendum on Sora's presence in the list dont help him: "He's not in"
Is their a for sure quote from Vergeben himself that says "He's not in" or is that from the person he is speaking to? If not from Vergeben himself who openly admitted not Sora. Then we should take this information with a grain of salt. Instead of what iv been seeing, in people taking it as a fact Sora has been de-confirmed. Speculation and confirmed facts are two completely different things.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm sure I've roasted or talked trash before or whatever, but most of you dudes are alright. It's been a weird but kind of fun ride, and it ain't even over yet.

I'm hoping to get the game on the Holidays, so I'll be watching a ton on release. Unless it's Mega Man footage, in which case let me get that **** right quick. Because I need to see some stuff for my *****, even if I don't play competitively.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Make joke about Lara being sent out by Square to cover tracks.

Joke flies over everyone's head.

Serious posts mostly respond.

My head?

It meets my desk while I laugh.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Wait is this about Hitagi again? I'm confused because I have no idea if they're still reliable or not. But if it's real, count me uninterested and disappointed if we get anybody on that list who isn't Sora or Geno.
Why are we questioning Hitagi now? Did something he say not happen? Or are we just not going to believe him because we don’t want to?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why are we questioning Hitagi now? Did something he say not happen? Or are we just not going to believe him because we don’t want to?
Dude this "WE ONLY BELIEVE WHAT WE WANT" thing isn't working out when you apply it to situations you know nothing about, even though, in said situation, it's literally the opposite, of what you're saying

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Didn't they say all their DLC predictions might be wrong except Steve? I haven't kept up to date on them so can someone give me an update on that?

beans

Smash Lord
Is their a for sure quote from Vergeben himself that says "He's not in" or is that from the person he is speaking to? If not from Vergeben himself who openly admitted not Sora. Then we should take this information with a grain of salt. Instead of what iv been seeing, in people taking it as a fact Sora has been de-confirmed. Speculation and confirmed facts are two completely different things.
Is the DM leak stuff.
Recomend to take a look by yourself cuz my snes bias is going to show

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wanna know what the fun part is? All this is just for ONE character. We got 4 more in store and we don't know who those Mother****ers are. That's when things will get interesting.

Or when it's shown off that no SE character at all showed up, and we enter the dark timeline. Where instead of Sub-Zero, Doomguy or Rayman, we get Bubsy as the first western Third Party.

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Can you guys imagine the reactions if there's no Square character? We gonna be waiting for the 5th DLC character to be revealed one of the 7(I shall dub them, the Forbidden 7... no, wait...) and then it's just straight up, I dunno, Sans Undertale or John Fortnite.
Honestly? Could've just been another bad guess from Verge's Sources if that's case.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Dude this "WE ONLY BELIEVE WHAT WE WANT" thing isn't working out when you apply it to situations you know nothing about, even though, in said situation, it's literally the opposite, of what you're saying
Excuse me? Why are you getting so defensive?

Last I knew Vergeben and Hitagi were supposed to be reliable sources? Did I miss something here?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly? Could've just been another bad guess from Verge's Sources if that's case.
No it's...FAR more than Verge at this point backing up the Squenix rep

Excuse me? Why are you getting so defensive?

Last I knew Vergeben and Hitagi were supposed to be reliable sources? Did I miss something here?
Sorry if I came across that way. I've just seen you with this "we only believe what we want" mentality and it's really not helping the conversation.

Hitagi is no longer exactly reliable due to admitting he'd been thrown for a loop and his DLC predictions were likely false.
Verge is still reliable.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Let's make a happy little game here people!

20151110bob-ross-002.jpg

You have to substitute every character from every series in Smash Bros with a Normal enemy from the same series.
Exemple : Mario > Goomba, Sonic > Motobug, etc

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
Wanna know what the fun part is? All this is just for ONE character. We got 4 more in store and we don't know who those Mother****ers are. That's when things will get interesting.

Or when it's shown off that no SE character at all showed up, and we enter the dark timeline. Where instead of Sub-Zero, Doomguy or Rayman, we get Bubsy as the first western Third Party.

Well, Bubsy did get a new game and he's getting a sequel too.

...wait a minnit BUBSY FOR SMASH DO IT

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I know very little about Final Fantasy, so I always thought that image was a very subtle reference to Alfonse and Sharena from FE heroes, both have one small wing on their upper armor that's on the same side as the one in the Chrom image.

oh maybe its that then, I dont know much about FE, I've only played a few of them.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Hitagi got this list from verge most likely lol.

D

Deleted member

A lot of people have always regarded Hitagi as kinda shakey. He's loose lipped and vague at the same time, constantly points towards his (admittedly small) track record as a reason to believe him, and a lot of the stuff he has said he later went back and said was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom