• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
A little fun news:

Myrtha has been censored a Ultimate for some reason.

Makes sense that they censored her chest since her cleavage is revealed. Interestingly, they seemingly censored the legs of Myrtha to resemble pants. Take a look!

Before
View attachment 179934
After
View attachment 179936
I wish Pyra could get something similar.

I think Black Leggings would work well for her design.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It doesn't help that everyone I've personally talked to about DLC has given a list of Square Reps with the names changed consistently.

And most of that trickled down to the big 2 of the moment.

Xenowhatshisface is a complete joke so I'm leaving him out of it.

The point of the matter is when there's this much confusion about the Square Rep. It's silly that some are saying ''It's definitely not Sora." ''Geno is a joke." ''It's Dragon Quest." 'It's Sephiorth."

Ya'll don't know and ya'll need to shut up, because it's not helping anything in trying to figure out the scenario. It's just you guys running your mouths at that point.
it's doshin the giant you nerd my dad works at nintendo

beans

Smash Lord
My insiders, have already reported to me who the square rep is how many times do I have to tell you people

Bub
clap emoji
with
clap emoji
a
clap emoji
Sword
:4miisword::bubblebobble:
Nekoo please tell him to stop leaking the DMs, Vergeben is crying right now

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Oh so you work for Square huh? That’s how you know he’s a joke to the company right? Nice bait mate.
Well, you tell me what's keeping Geno away from being playable then. Becasue we know it's not Sakurai and Nintendo at least acknowledges Super Mario RPG, so it basically falls down to Square themselves. We have to remember for third parties, both companies have to want the character to be able to join the roster.

D

Deleted member

Put all the stuff regarding big spoiler guy in tags lads. I know the thread is marked as spoilers, but that’s pretty big spoilers.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
tbh, if SE really saw Geno as a joke and didn't care about him nor SMRPG itself at all, you'd think they wouldn't have allowed Geno's and Mallow's presence in Smash nor include SMRPG music in Fortune Street...

Although, they do seem resistant on including SMRPG characters as playable, sadly...

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I feel So bad For Sakurai Man Imagine trying this hard to please this fanbase only for them to leak the game and download it illegally.He tried so hard for you Guys and yet some of you act like he did nothing I love the smadh community but still this might be the most toxic fg community ever
Explain this to me then: If you think this community is toxic, why are you still in it?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I was literally just about to tell you guys about it LOL.
http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/440581829
Also, I read through the thread a little bit more. Based on what I'm seeing, he's not playable in the traditional manner. His playability is similar to Mob Smash, which I did mention before.
Stamina Only, can fight 10, 50, 100 or infinite number of CPUs for the best record.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
I wish Pyra could get something similar.

I think Black Leggings would work well for her design.
We've already been through this, they edited her design so that it's like she has a skintight black suit and her armor on top

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
It's not bait just because you disagree with it mate. Laughable how you say that when you specifically call mods idiots yet still use the site. How do we know you're not bait yourself?
Hello. Claiming something does not make a good argument on why a character is not considered, unless they have a quote or a fact. I don’t even think Geno has a chance, but I’m not gonna sit and think “SQUARE THINKS DIS”

Also you’re to talk mate, I see you bait quite a lot around here. Don’t act like you’re some warrior for the forums because you stir the pot many times. Nice try kiddo.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Hello. Claiming something does not make a good argument on why a character is not considered, unless they have a quote or a fact. I don’t even think Geno has a chance, but I’m not gonna sit and think “SQUARE THINKS DIS”

Also you’re to talk mate, I see you bait quite a lot around here. Don’t act like you’re some warrior for the forums because you stir the pot many times. Nice try kiddo.
Coming from the guy that called mods idiots and complained when you got a warning for flaming, I find this post very laughable

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I feel So bad For Sakurai Man Imagine trying this hard to please this fanbase only for them to leak the game and download it illegally.He tried so hard for you Guys and yet some of you act like he did nothing I love the smadh community but still this might be the most toxic fg community ever
Oh no he worked so hard only for us to see the game 2 weeks before release. All of his work down the drain due to the toxicity of us wanting to see the game.
What monsters those leakers are, showing information that people asked for.
Death penalty would be too kind to such wretched beings.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
I guess the reason why i haven't left is because i can't leave im too far in this madness

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This ''Square doesn't care about this character" stuff is assumptions as well.

If Square didn't want to make money or get attention off Geno. He would not have been a Mii costume. He would not even be a Spirit. If they had no interest in advertising the character or addressing him in any sort of way. He wouldn't be in Smash at all. That's not not caring. Just letting the character fade into obscurity. That's not caring.

What do you think they're the Grinch and their heart just grows three sizes because they gave him a glorified sticker or something? Any use of him is advertisement of a character. It's as a simple as that, which indicates at least some level of interest in the character internally at Square.

Square seems to be warming to Geno and Super Mario RPG with these past two Smashs IMO. Maybe not enough to make him playable, but now they're even letting the image of another character from that go into the biggest crossover in gaming.

That's not ''not caring."

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I guess the reason why i haven't left is because i can't leave im too far in this madness
Yes you can. You're the only one who can control you irl, you have the power to separate yourself from the madness. Don't let it consume you, my dude.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Coming from the guy that called mods idiots and complained when you got a warning for flaming, I find this post very laughable
I was complaining about the mods because they were not dealing with a troll when he CLEARLY was trolling. Get off your high horse. I find your posts very laughable too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ nice try kiddo.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
We've already been through this, they edited her design so that it's like she has a skintight black suit and her armor on top
Really?

I’m behind so I don’t know. But wasn’t Pyra’s Spirit unaltered?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Oh no he worked so hard only for us to see the game 2 weeks before release. All of his work down the drain due to the toxicity of us wanting to see the game.
I'm glad my 500th post was me being a prick

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Glover as a alt
Hold up. I got an idea. We have Crazy Hand as the Echo. Glover is a semi clone that uses a ball mechanic similar to his own game.

Basically, Glover can’t lose his ball or he will lose a stock if it goes past the blast zone.

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
Eh. Happens all the time with video games, doesn't bug me. Besides the billions of preorders outweigh the 5% of people who pirated the game in the first place and even then most people who did probably still preordered it, so Sakurai still gets people's $$$.

The only thing about the leak that annoys me is that I'm not seeing nowhere near as much character tech as I expected lol.

Last edited:

yvngfoxtrot

Smash Cadet
NNID
CharlesFoxtrot
Switch FC
SW 2846-8790-7007
Agree it doesn't help that Slime is a regular enemy in DQ11 and DQ Builders2. Mascot or no, its still just putting a regular enemy as your choice. This is something Square has not done before. Yes it had a solo game before, but in the recent games its just a regular enemy. That in my opinion does hurt Slimes chances.

Heres an example of Slime being a regular enemy in DQ 11
Off topic but can I just say how GOOOOOOOOD these graphics look?? The stylization is top notch and the outlining doesn't look out of place at all.

/End gushing

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Im not saying that the datamines arent fine i guess their fine in some cases. im mostly mad at the people who downloaded the game illegally.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Eh. Happens all the time with video games, doesn't bug me. Besides the billions of preorders outweigh the 5% of people who pirated the game in the first place and even then most people who did probably still preordered it, so Sakurai still gets people's $$$.

The only thing about the leak that annoys me is that I'm not seeing nowhere near as much character tech as I expected lol.
Sorry you weren't satisfied that puff's dair combos into rest????

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

If Square didn't want to make money or get attention off Geno. He would not have been a Mii costume. He would not even be a Spirit. If they had no interest in advertising the character or addressing him in any sort of way. He wouldn't be in Smash at all. That's not caring. Just letting the character fade into obscurity.

What do you think they're the Grinch and there heart just grows three sizes because they gave him a glorified sticker or something? Any use of him is advertisement of a character. It's as a simple as that, which indicates at least some level of interest in the character internally at Square.

Square seems to be warming to Geno and Super Mario RPG with these past two Smashs IMO. Maybe not enough to make him playable, but now they're even letting the image of another character from that go into the biggest crossover in gaming.

For this I'll say it's a middle ground.

People overreact the SQUARE DOESNT CARE ABOUT GENO LMAO HES A WHO effect.

But the smash Community also overblown how much it means for Square-Enix too. In the end, it's an IP like another one they have, just that it's linked to Mario, and if they don't want to make it playable, they don't make it playable?

He have his chances, but he's not the Square-Enix Messiah the Geno thread make him look like for exemple

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
So I have a question, if this dm is real, why tf has verge said nothing about Sora not being in?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
For this I'll say it's a middle ground.

People overreact the SQUARE DOESNT CARE ABOUT GENO LMAO HES A WHO effect.

But the smash Community also overblown how much it means for Square-Enix too. In the end, it's an IP like another one they have, just that it's linked to Mario, and if they don't want to make it playable, they don't make it playable?

He have his chances, but he's not the Square-Enix Messiah the Geno thread make him look like for exemple
Thank you, exactly what was needed to be said.

D

Deleted member

If Square didn't want to make money or get attention off Geno. He would not have been a Mii costume. He would not even be a Spirit. If they had no interest in advertising the character or addressing him in any sort of way. He wouldn't be in Smash at all. That's not caring. Just letting the character fade into obscurity.

What do you think they're the Grinch and there heart just grows three sizes because they gave him a glorified sticker or something? Any use of him is advertisement of a character. It's as a simple as that, which indicates at least some level of interest in the character internally at Square.

Geno hold the honour of being the only square character other than cloud who has appeared in both smash 4 and smash ultimate in some way (excluding the Midgar bosses). Press F for Chocobo though.

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
Sorry you weren't satisfied that puff's dair combos into rest????

OKAY THAT'S DOPE AND I'M SERIOUSLY GONNA PICK UP PUFF FOR KICKS

Aside from that, some Falcon stuff and a handful of Inkling stuff, I haven't seen anything else on Twitter.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hold up. I got an idea. We have Crazy Hand as the Echo. Glover is a semi clone that uses a ball mechanic similar to his own game.

Basically, Glover can’t lose his ball or he will lose a stock if it goes past the blast zone.
I actually thought of this, and realized that it would be a laughably terrible idea.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Geno seems weird cause om the other hand the smash community has been asking for him a long time but on the other hand he is from a dead game and only appeared and one game and it would make sense to put Sora cause of pr

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Im not saying that the datamines arent fine i guess their fine in some cases. im mostly mad at the people who downloaded the game illegally.
That doesn't make us toxic or make Sakurai deserve any extra sympathy. We know he worked hard, but to say "poor sakurai" cause some people pirated it is a little much. Literally everything is stolen. Games, food, toys, etc. He's already breaking sale records with this games. He'll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom