• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
>That DM Leaked

clap clap clap clap clap

Well, whoever leaked it, I think it should have been more careful... Even I knew about it for a while, but still, It kinda suck when people break their trust, except if they got the authorization.

Nah, I can tell you, annyone who have information about the SE characters think Geno is a joke compared to the others name on the list, since a lot of those names where around in the wild.
I wish I was kidding.
You people just need to keep an open mind on who the Square character can be at this point.

Square sees Geno as a joke, they do not care about him or Super Mario RPG. It's probably why he's been excluded from Smash for so long and from other things in general. In Square's eyes, he's probably their version of Waluigi as much as it may suck to see that. They've proven time and time they don't care about Geno or the game he comes from and may think of him as a silly choice as a playable representative for Smash. Look at who they have for DLC in other crossover games, it's characters that they know could recognize that are from their most popular series that are still relevant. Noctis for Tekken, 2B from Nier, Cloud for Smash 4. They choose characters that are relevant to them for DLC, and that's what they are going to do again for this round of DLC for Ultimate.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The guy said this:

"You need to have all Spirits and Master Hand is Unlocked in the CSS"
Sounds like a nice, special achievement.

For some reason my mind jumped back to "Get a perfect score in the credits to unlock Toad!", even though that's completely unfair and had no proof :S

This picture also uses the official Master Hand render (the same render is in other Ultimate pictures with Classic Mode stuff from leaks, and it's not on the website), so it seems real...

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
You people just need to keep an open mind on who the Square character can be at this point.

Square sees Geno as a joke, they do not care about him or Super Mario RPG. It's probably why he's been excluded from Smash for so long and from other things in general. In Square's eyes, he's probably their version of Waluigi as much as it may suck to see that. They've proven time and time they don't care about Geno or the game he comes from and may think of him as a silly choice as a playable representative for Smash. Look at who they have for DLC in other crossover games, it's characters that they know could recognize that are from their most popular series that are still relevant. Noctis for Tekken, 2B from Nier, Cloud for Smash 4. They choose characters that are relevant to them for DLC, and that's what they are going to do again for this round of DLC for Ultimate.
So you're saying 2B has a chance.

(god I wish)

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
My problem with Slime is that he doesn't represent its franchise's gameplay in the same way the other 3rd parties have:
For example,
Sonic goes fast, Megaman shoots stuff, Pacman bites things, Snake sneaks around blowing stuff up, Simon deliberately whips everything, Bayonetta does SSStylish comboes, Cloud is an anime-style magical warrior. They all represent their main games as they play like how they do in their own games.

Slime... is a generic mob enemy that gets remixed a lot due to its mascot status.
Cloud is the odd one out of those you mention, I mean, there's only so much you can show of RPG mechanics in a fighting game, in Smash for me the only ones who do this properly are Pokemon Trainer, Shulk, and Robin, every other RPG based character doesn't really have much of their original games' mechanics

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm sticking with Ryce.

NO ONE knows anything about DLC.

Especially Verge. He had his time with base game, but his run has ended.
Correction.
Ryce said he heard nothing about Minecraft, and he should have heard about it from his source in August.

There a reason he didn't disqualified the Square-Enix rep yet. No one knows anything SET IN STONE about DLC, but saying that no one know anything about DLC isn't quite true.

But the issue with this is that, you can only verify your information when it get announced so...Who knows.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
My problem with Slime is that he doesn't represent its franchise's gameplay in the same way the other 3rd parties have:
For example,
Sonic goes fast, Megaman shoots stuff, Pacman bites things, Snake sneaks around blowing stuff up, Simon deliberately whips everything, Bayonetta does SSStylish comboes, Cloud is an anime-style magical warrior. They all represent their main games as they play like how they do in their own games.

Slime... is a generic mob enemy that gets remixed a lot due to its mascot status.
Agree it doesn't help that Slime is a regular enemy in DQ11 and DQ Builders2. Mascot or no, its still just putting a regular enemy as your choice. This is something Square has not done before. Yes it had a solo game before, but in the recent games its just a regular enemy. That in my opinion does hurt Slimes chances.

Heres an example of Slime being a regular enemy in DQ 11

osby

Smash Obsessed
Cloud is the odd one out of those you mention, I mean, there's only so much you can show of RPG mechanics in a fighting game, in Smash for me the only ones who do this properly are Pokemon Trainer, Shulk, and Robin, every other RPG based character doesn't really have much of their original games' mechanics
Counter.

beans

Smash Lord
master hand is a she?
Master Hand is a jet plane.
Je express jer indentity trough recognizable plane attacks:
Shooting bullets
Flying while doing spins
Crashing into the twground]/spoiler]

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
All I'm saying is Verge thinks it's Sephiroth.

That ain't happening fam. Sephiroth is even further removed from Nintendo than Cloud.

Correction.
Ryce said he heard nothing about Minecraft, and he should have heard about it from his source in August.

There a reason he didn't disqualified the Square-Enix rep yet. No one knows anything SET IN STONE about DLC, but saying that no one know anything about DLC isn't quite true.

But the issue with this is that, you can only verify your information when it get announced so...Who knows.
Yeah, but at the same time, you, and Verge, and everyone is making assumptions and bias of your own against all the candidates which isn't helping matters.

The leakers is even where this stupid ''Spirits de-confirm a character" thing started.

I don't trust any of you as far as I could throw you when it comes to DLC, because some of ya'll started talking about it way way way way way way way too early.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

Oh so you work for Square huh? That’s how you know he’s a joke to the company right? Nice bait mate.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Eh, he's got almost all Limit Breaks maybe sans Braver and Meteorain and he hits hard and fast like he does in FF7, so it's as close as you can get for a real time analogue.

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
damn I asked a question I didnt mean for it to turn into the same recycled immature jokes people have been making since 2016.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It doesn't help that everyone I've personally talked to about DLC has given a list of Square Reps with the names changed consistently.

And most of that trickled down to the big 2 of the moment.

Xenowhatshisface is a complete joke so I'm leaving him out of it.

The point of the matter is when there's this much confusion about the Square Rep. It's silly that some are saying ''It's definitely not Sora." ''Geno is a joke." ''It's Dragon Quest." 'It's Sephiorth."

Ya'll don't know and ya'll need to shut up, because it's not helping anything in trying to figure out the scenario. It's just you guys running your mouths at that point.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Oh so you work for Square huh? That’s how you know he’s a joke to the company right? Nice bait mate.
It's not bait just because you disagree with it mate. Laughable how you say that when you specifically call mods idiots yet still use the site. How do we know you're not bait yourself?

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
If the Master Hand CSS thing is real then Glover damn well better be an echo.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice

That ain't happening fam. Sephiroth is even further removed from Nintendo than Cloud.

Yeah, but at the same time, you, and Verge, and everyone is making assumptions and bias of your own against all the candidates which isn't helping matters.

The leakers is even where this stupid ''Spirits de-confirm a character" thing started.

I don't trust any of you as far as I could throw you when it comes to DLC, because some of ya'll started talking about it way way way way way way way too early.
I think you're forgetting FFVII is releasing on the switch and that we already have World of Final Fantasy Maxima so Sephiroth is not as removed from Nintendo as he was before

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
My insiders, have already reported to me who the square rep is how many times do I have to tell you people

Bub
clap emoji
with
clap emoji
a
clap emoji
Sword
:4miisword::bubblebobble:

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
damn I asked a question I didnt mean for it to turn into the same recycled immature jokes people have been making since 2016.
**** sucks my dude. Real lame. It gets exhausting when that **** was never good or funny.

If it helps my answer was legit. Master Hand is the kid playing with the toys, e.g. us, so ergo Master Hand is the gender of the player.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Now I have to live knowing a big spoiler thanks to no tags

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

I try not to shoot down things Vergeben says, everyone was gunning for him in the Grinch leak. I can't tell you how many people I saw on Youtube cheering for his downfall once the Grinch leak was proven true. And the minute it was proven false, many of those same people started cheering Vergeben's praises again. Until he has been confirmed wrong, then he still does have some credibility.

As for the SE rep, it makes sense it will happen. I mean they are one of the original 3rd parties from Smash Wii U. And as stingy as Square is, they just as much love cross promotion. Which is why it most likely will not be Sephiroth, because Cloud already advertises the FF franchise. Square will most likely push for another of their big franchises. Which unfortunately means Geno still has a small chance, as Square has been shown to not care about the character.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
I feel So bad For Sakurai Man Imagine trying this hard to please this fanbase only for them to leak the game and download it illegally.He tried so hard for you Guys and yet some of you act like he did nothing I love the smadh community but still this might be the most toxic fg community ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom