• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Can you give me some context please? I'm lost
A DM from Vergeben Leaked, where he...Basically verifies some claim, end up slipping up stuff about the SE characters since said person also had information.
I don't know who did it, or how it did but that DM Leaked.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
A DM from Vergeben Leaked, where he...Basically verifies some claim, end up slipping up stuff about the SE characters since said person also had information.
I don't know who did it, or how it did but that DM Leaked.
So it's a real dm?

>Goes to Geno thread
>It's PolarPanda, the dude who championed blog leak
View attachment 180024

I wouldn't take this statement too seriously.

That being said, while this isn't too far out of line with current speculation, it's still wrong. Geno and Slime are not the SE rep, and Sora still has a minuscule chance of happening.

We're still likely going to get Dragon Quest though, which sucks because it's a clear promotional choice to try to push the series into the West. I personally hope we get Crono though, as he has historical importance with Nintendo, and Crono Trigger is widely regarded as one of the best games of all time.

Plus, who doesn't want to see a Crono Trigger remake using the Octopath Traveler engine? I'd buy that and I don't even like JRPGs all that much.
Bruv, it's a real dm from verge.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
MASTER HAND IS PLAYABLE
MASTER HAND IS PLAYABLE
Could’ve put a spoiler tag there you monster
I know some coded files were uncovered in Smash Ultimate for Snake. It appears David Hayter did do voice work for Smash Ultimate. In a tweet he just posted for a Smash Ultimate. It alludes to the fact he did do voice work for Smash Ultimate. Because it says VA for Snake Brawl & Snake Ultimate. So maybe we will get codec conversations in Smash Ultimate? Any thoughts on this, on whether Snakes codecs will be updated?

If there’s some updates that’s good...but I still didn’t get my :ultpit::ultsnake: buddy cop duo

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Can you give me some context please? I'm lost
PolarPanda leaked a PM between Vergeben and someone else (it could've been him, or xenother, or someone else) that has the list of SE reps in the Geno thread (of course it's the Geno thread).
>That DM Leaked

clap clap clap clap clap

Well, whoever leaked it, I think it should have been more careful... Even I knew about it for a while, but still, It kinda suck when people break their trust, except if they got the authorization.

Nah, I can tell you, annyone who have information about the SE characters think Geno is a joke compared to the others name on the list, since a lot of those names where around in the wild.
I wish I was kidding.
Listen to this guy. Geno is definitely not the SE rep.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
It's cause I'm chatting on Discord and me and my friends are seeing MORE people say K.Rool has good mobility. Like, ok yeah he has a crazy recovery especially for the second heaviest character in the game, he has armour up the wazoo although it can break him, he kills early in general and has 2 moves that bury opponents which would leave to good as hell set ups, but he is NOT fast AT ALL. Meanwhile Bowser has armour on everything and runs like a ************
Do we actually have a reference for all of the characters' weight values? Or do we only know specifically that K. Rool is the 2nd heaviest?

On a side note, this is my 1000th post!
Ya boi is a Smash Lord now.

blackghost

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Bayonetta gets nerfed so her combo finishers can't kill anymore but I won't be surprised if this is deemed better than Bayo smh
im pretty sure the bayo playerbase (myself included) are just chilling at this point. i want to see if people will hate on any character like they did before. but king k is a prime candidate: 1. super armor moves based on damage not use 2. hard to punish projectile 3. safe vertical recovery 4. high weight 5. easy grounding moves. 6. 20 percent damage vertical kill throw. 7. can't be zoned with projectiles.

but we will see.

osby

Smash Obsessed
>Knows it's a spoiler thread
>Upset about spoiler
Lol
I'm not upset, it was just very abrupt for such a huge thing.

I know some coded files were uncovered in Smash Ultimate for Snake. It appears David Hayter did do voice work for Smash Ultimate. In a tweet he just posted for a Smash Ultimate. It alludes to the fact he did do voice work for Smash Ultimate. Because it says VA for Snake Brawl & Snake Ultimate. So maybe we will get codec conversations in Smash Ultimate? Any thoughts on this, on whether Snakes codecs will be updated?

It might be just they still use his voice.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
PolarPanda leaked a PM between Vergeben and someone else (it could've been him, or xenother, or someone else) that has the list of SE reps in the Geno thread (of course it's the Geno thread).

Listen to this guy. I sure hope PolarPanda got authorization to post this.
Honestly, it wouldn't shock me if more verge dms leak

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu is shiny there?
Mewtwo needs more color on its tail.
Ivysaur is kinda there, just needs more strong colors on the bulb and body
Squirtle is fine
Greninjas isn't fully black

Incineroar is the only one who you look and can say that is loyal to its shiny form.
The others just are similar, not fully shiny
He's slightly more orange than regular pikachu, just like the shiny in the games
Mewtwo's isn't the exact green nor is greninja's the exact black but they're close enough, same with Ivysaur lol, besides, shiny colors aren't even all that consistent between generations/games, even in Gen 6-7, LGPE, Go where they use the same models the colors of the textures don't look exactly the same in every game

And when you consider one of the missing ones is green-eyes Puff, well...

The only real shame is no shiny-zard, that's one of the most badass shinies ever

D

Deleted member

That vergeben leaked list thing. I’m still calling Sephiroth (partially because I just want to be different shhh) but if it’s legit it’s interesting.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Meh, I still think Geno has a chance, as there's no definite proof he won't be the SE character, as unlikely as it is (sadly).

I think we'll get either Geno, Crono, or Slime; maybe one of the other DQ characters but Slime seems like the best choice for pushing Western DQ sales.

inb4 Western players get crappy midi tracks.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I'm pretty sure Dragon Quest, one of the grandfathers of JRPGs, has at least equal if not more historical significance with Nintendo as Chrono Trigger.
I think Chrono Trigger has a bit of an edge over Dragon Quest when it comes to popularity and overall hype but I could be wrong about that.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm not surprised either.
I'm just surprised that someone would go their way to leak that DM

D

Deleted member

WHAT IS THIS ABOUT MASTER HAND PLAYABLE I'M GONNA NEED A SOURCE

Graizen

Smash Champion
HEY , WE NEED A TOPIC ON CHARACTERS FOR MASTER HAND NOW!?

WHAT

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
im pretty sure the bayo playerbase (myself included) are just chilling at this point. i want to see if people will hate on any character like they did before. but king k is a prime candidate: 1. super armor moves based on damage not use 2. hard to punish projectile 3. safe vertical recovery 4. high weight 5. easy grounding moves. 6. 20 percent damage vertical kill throw. 7. can't be zoned with projectiles.

but we will see.
depends if a few nerds decide to be assheads during the finals of a major tournament in a k rool ditto

blackghost

Smash Champion
im sorry but the idea of slime seems ridiculous to me. ya'll are talking about this thing right?

compared to the rest of the SE characters i mean he's got a better shot than geno but thats about it. having this guy represent DQ would be weird to say the least.
250px-DQ_Slime.png

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm also curious on what this list even is.

I SAW IT. IS IT 100% LEGIT. IS THERE LIKE A VIDEO OR SOMETHING. THIS IS HUGE WHY YA'LL JUST IGNORING IT???
We have far more important things to discuss than this childish buffoonery. /s

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I'm also curious on what this list even is.

I SAW IT. IS IT 100% LEGIT. IS THERE LIKE A VIDEO OR SOMETHING. THIS IS HUGE WHY YA'LL JUST IGNORING IT???
We don't ignore it. It's just our brains are still trying to process the fact.

beans

Smash Lord
im sorry but the idea of slime seems ridiculous to me. ya'll are talking about this thing right?

compared to the rest of the SE characters i mean he's got a better shot than geno but thats about it. having this guy represent DQ would be weird to say the least. View attachment 180028
He is considered probs cause of his mascot status.
Poor reasoning in my opinion

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That vergeben leaked list thing. I’m still calling Sephiroth (partially because I just want to be different shhh) but if it’s legit it’s interesting.
I can't deny that as much as an insane "impossible" addition as Crono is and how much I'd love it, I'm also a stupid Final Fantasy 7 fan that would eat Smash Sephiroth up with a spoon. The dream matches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom