• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
So yeah.

I hate to sound like a broken clock, because I am, but what's the general consensus on Reddit boy?

He called Piranha Plant in September, saying it "Didn't even spit a fireball", and said Incineroar "Had a move where it summoned ropes and bounced you off of them."

This is WAY too specific to be a coincidence, and considering he said "You needed to use the debug menu" to play as Piranha Plant, he seems to be some sort of playtester?

The guy though claims "Day 1 patch with new modes"
Honestly it seems to have gotten things right so it's worth keeping in mind but probably best to not put too much stock into atm imo

Dan

Smash Lord
Yeah, don't put much stock into a guy who's clearly playtested the game.

Dan

Smash Lord
So I said this earlier in the thread: the game has been leaked, but what is even out there worth caring about other than Marx and Ganon? I heard some talk of light platforming segments (possibly in WoL); any truth to that?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
whats everyones opinion on the missing 4 (spirits) theory?
I pretty much expressed my opinion on the missing Kirby Spirits in a post in the previous page.

In general, I think that it's possible that the DLC characters are from the missing spirits, but it's not 100% confirmed until we get the first announcement and see if the character announced has a spirit or not (and even that may not be enough to confirm at 100% anything).

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Yeah, don't put much stock into a guy who's clearly playtested the game.
Maybe not putting stock into it was the wrong way to put it but I have seen leaks get some weirdly specific stuff right and then go down super hard so I tend to be on the more reserved side. The fact it got such specific things correct though definitely means it is worth keeping an eye on at least which is miles better than the grand majority of leaks.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I haven't really payed attention to leaks. What does that theory claim?
Adeline, Sylux, Fossil Fighter and Porky are missing from the spirits despite all 4 in theory should be spirits. Some ppl think its cause they might be DLC. kinda like how the plant doesnt have a spirit.

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
Maybe not putting stock into it was the wrong way to put it but I have seen leaks get some weirdly specific stuff right and then go down super hard so I tend to be on the more reserved side. The fact it got such specific things correct though definitely means it is worth keeping an eye on at least which is miles better than the grand majority of leaks.
Only 11 days before we can be 100% sure.

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
Adeline, Sylux, Fossil Fighter and Porky are missing from the spirits despite all 4 in theory should be spirits. Some ppl think its cause they might be DLC. kinda like how the plant doesnt have a spirit.
It's possible but at the same time sylux, and fossil fighter feel extremely niche. Especially for smash.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Well, it's been a tiresome day for me. Time for the sharing of the memes.

And that's all I'm gonna do. I'm not out of them, I'm just too lazy to post any more.
The first meme had such a ridiculous argument in the tweet. lol.
Also Boswer suit Tron Bonne is soooooo cute~

Only 11 days before we can be 100% sure.
Aren't we supposed to be getting a day one patch for the G&W thing anyway? That day will be hectic if Im remembering that right.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If I can pull out my "Everyone else does it, so I get a shake too" card.

This guy honestly feels like "The second coming" of the Ninka/rose leak with how he's presenting the information.

What he's saying is too oddly specific, mentioning that Piranha Plant doesn't spit fire at all, the fact that Incineroar summons ropes, which isn't even a real Pokemon move, and calling that Incineroar would have a Purple skin that reminded him, and everyone else, of Big the Cat.

It's kind of impossible to say he doesn't have legitimate information.

What I question is, is his "Day 1 modes" leak something we can put any stock into due to this.

We KNOW that the map for HRC is in the game, and there's a lot of apparently unused music tracks for, correct me if I'm wrong here, but for stuff like Stage Builder, Coin Launcher, etc.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Well that question doesn't need to be answered anymore!

Because another one of his buddies named Xenother (Who might be one of the leakers who's working alongside Sakurai and Nintendo to punish us all for wanting good DLC idea's)! Who Vergeben said is also trustworthy! Came out this morning and gave us this tidbit of info!

Steve is still in. Accept it.
- There is still a Square Enix character coming. We're in the process of narrowing down who exactly it is, but it's a work in progress.
- Banjo, Geno, Sora, Melmetal, and Bandanna Waddle Dee are all unfortunately not a part of the fighters' pass. Any leaks containing these characters are fake.
- No assist trophies are being upgraded to fighter status. Sorry.

The only thing he got wrong was Steve being in the game! As both Verge and Insider Rice said the only Minecraft representation in Smash was that of a boss fight!

However! If the rest is legit! Then this just gave me more reason's to believe that the DLC roster will be extremely disappointing to say the least!

And just gave me more reason's not to purchase Smash Ultimate or a Nintendo Switch this Christmas (I will be turning that attention to either The XBox One or the PS4 for all the good/well balanced games that actually give us more content to play through if so)!
this Xenother guy is not one of Verge's "buddies" and whatever he claimed is also posted on 4channel as well
he could be planting fake rumors like the TRF guy one month ago

EDIT: forget the 4channel bit, recently read his new post which Verge confirmed he spoke to him
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77228568

good for him for not pulling a loz18

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
It's possible but at the same time sylux, and fossil fighter feel extremely niche. Especially for smash.
I think those 2 are red flags cause sylux is the only missing hunter and he might have a role in prime 4 while fossil fighter has music and other spirits but the main hero is absent as well as the FFF version of the trex being gone (presumably cause shed use it in her moveset) and that its weird for a series main protagonist to just not be there. She also had a trophy in 4 so its not too out of the question.

But the missing 4 idea is being flung around 4chan after the spirits got datamined cause they quickly noticed those 4 blatantly missing

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I doubt Fossil Fighter is big enough to get a DLC fighter... Though it's strange that it's missing since stuff like Drill Dozer and Harmo Knight have content in the list.

Though, I think that Sylux is very likely as DLC if he's a major character in Metroid Prime 4 (only IF).
Porky is a very odd character to be missing... he always had a lot of visibility in the Smash series since Brawl, and he has a stage in the game... though no spirit.
Porky is extremely likely to be a DLC character IMO.
Adeleine......... as much as I want to believe that she is a DLC, I'm still a bit skeptical... but I would be extremely happy if she is. She has a chance, but it depends on many factors, and it's not much likely.
As I said in the other post, Adeleine is not the only missing spirit from the Kirby series, there's also Taranza and Hyness. Yeah for some reason I think that Adeleine is more likely than Taranza and Hyness, but we shouldn't ignore them as well, since they have a chance too.
It would be incredibly odd to have Taranza and not Magolor though, who's both more popular and more promoted by HAL.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
this Xenother guy is not one of Verge's "buddies" and whatever he claimed is also posted on 4channel as well
he could be planting fake rumors like the TRF guy one month ago
Thought this could line up with the missing 4 since to a lot of ppl those 4 are incredibly disappointing I guess

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
I think those 2 are red flags cause sylux is the only missing hunter and he might have a role in prime 4 while fossil fighter has music and other spirits but the main hero is absent as well as the FFF version of the trex being gone (presumably cause shed use it in her moveset) and that its weird for a series main protagonist to just not be there. She also had a trophy in 4 so its not too out of the question.

But the missing 4 idea is being flung around 4chan after the spirits got datamined cause they quickly noticed those 4 blatantly missing
Ehhhh... the thing is those 2 dont seem like something nintendo would request as characters unless they're planning something big with them.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Ehhhh... the thing is those 2 dont seem like something nintendo would request as characters unless they're planning something big with them.
Well some ppl think a 4th FF game is coming and sylux is possible in metroid prime 4.
We have no way of knowing. Either that or they were just cheap editions that wouldnt cost them much to add.

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
Well some ppl think a 4th FF game is coming and sylux is possible in metroid prime 4.
We have no way of knowing. Either that or they were just cheap editions that wouldnt cost them much to add.
That's exactly the thing we have no way of knowing until we have official information.

Shroob

Sup?
I do agree that Sylux would be the perfect addition as a "Promotional" DLC pick on Nintendo's end.

The Metroid Prime series has never sold 'well'. most never breaking 1 million sales, Metroid Prime 4's going to need all the help it can get.

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
I do agree that Sylux would be the perfect addition as a "Promotional" DLC pick on Nintendo's end.

The Metroid Prime series has never sold 'well'. most never breaking 1 million sales, Metroid Prime 4's going to need all the help it can get.
The thing is we dont know sylux is even playing any role in metroid prime 4.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing is we dont know sylux is even playing any role in metroid prime 4.
Considering the secret ending to Metroid Prime 3, and the hidden ending in Federation Force, which is 'sadly' part of the Prime timeline of events, they're definitely hinting that he's going to play a role in a future title.

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
Considering the secret ending to Metroid Prime 3, and the hidden ending in Federation Force, which is 'sadly' part of the Prime timeline of events, they're definitely hinting that he's going to play a role in a future title.
Ok, good to know, I haven't really played any metroid since prime 2 so I didn't know that.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
The other interesting thing of note is that the Trex spirit is the FF1 version, not the Frontier version (which is who people are saying is the one who would make it in)

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
1) But that would take a looong time, against the current upcoming Dragon Quest 11.

2) He is really not the most wanted. Each fanbase thinks that but no one has actual data. No one knows for sure who is the most wanted. Besides, that wasn't a criteria to begin with. You're really sugar coating Sora a lot here, that's fine if you like him but it shouldn't stary you from what he really is to Smash. On a level similar to Shantae if we're talking legacy, less than Bomberman if we talk that too. Similarly the rest of what you've mentioned to be honest.

3) Aren't they having a ton of upcoming Final Fantasy titles to the Switch? why not promote that with another FF rep instead? Again, why not a DQ rep too? You like Sora, you want Sora, that's very fine but it currently doesn't make the least of sense regardless of how passionate you are about him.
They don't have to be, but that's what a stubborn does. We'll see. Only a few days (hopefully) to that. Hey, what's stopping Square from having 2 DLC spots. Who knows.
1) No it wouldn't. Square-Enix could literally have been working on it since the Switch's release an announce it for release tomorrow for all we know..even if they started it today, it still wouldn't likely take more then a year.

2) I didn't directly say he was the most wanted, I said he was amongst the most wanted. This isn't a fanbase bias thing, its a looking at who a lot of people are talking about and hoping for. Sora is amongst the biggest ones brought up. Sora is certainly more popular then Shantae and Bomberman though and Legacy, in this case, isn't measured through time but quality, impact, and popularity, hence why Minecraft can have a legacy despite being fairly new all things considered.

3) They could, but Final Fantasy IX, X, X-2, XII, Crystal Chronicles, or Chocobo's Dungeon don't have characters on the level of Cloud's (Squall would be the one to come closest) and I don't think they'd add another Final Fantasy VII character even if Sephiroth is popular. As I've said before though, characters aren't always chosen to market upcoming games, sometimes they chosen to broaden the fanbase of Smash by including popular characters (such as Cloud) to entice people to pick up Super Smash Bros. or at the very least spend the money to buy the DLC. In fact, this is more often the case for Guest Characters then marketing. Nintendo isn't stupid enough to only look at marketing games, they would look at marketing Smash itself to currently non-Smash fans as well, which a character from a series with a fanbase like Sora's would definitely do.

And again, if Sora got in, it would NOT be Square-Enix representation nor would they be involved as anything more then a consultant because Kingdom Hearts is 100% owned by Disney outside of actual Final Fantasy/TWEWY characters and other non-Disney owned IPs like half of the Pixar content and Tarzan. So having Sora along with Neku, a DQ rep, or whatever would not be having two Square-Enix representatives, it would be one Disney and one Square-Enix.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
If the missing 4 theory is correct (I hope it is because my most wanted is one of the 4), who do you think the 5th character could be? I think Monster Hunter is very possible.
Steve and Square are probably wrong predictions.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
he seems to be some sort of playtester?
Yeah, he straight up admitted to being a play tester on his reddit post.
He called the Mario Paint fly swatter AT, he’s legit.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
If the missing 4 theory is correct (I hope it is because my most wanted is one of the 4), who do you think the 5th character could be? I think Monster Hunter is very possible.
Steve and Square are probably wrong predictions.
Poochy because he's just as up for grabs as the other 4 characters...

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah, the one character I'm willing to go "All-in" on for DLC is Sylux.

If Sylux REALLY is the only one of the 6 Hunters missing, I'm sorry, but that's a giant, red, ****ing flag, especially since they've been building him up in the last two Prime games as a new enemy, and, oh look, Metroid Prime 4 is most likely coming out during Ultimate's DLC cycle.

Sylux is a character that I feel VERY confident in.

I understand that just because a character is missing as a Spirit normally doesn't mean a whole lot, but you're telling me that the other 5 Hunters are in, and NOT Sylux, arguably the most important of the 6?

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord

All three Prime games have sold more than 1 mil. Even Hunters did.

But I get your point. It's never been the triple-A series the west sees it as.

Though I don't expect this theory to amount to much.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

All three Prime games broke 1 million, the first game even broke 2 million.

edit: beaten to it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
All three Prime games broke 1 million, the first game even broke 2 million.

edit: beaten to it.
Duely noted, but looking at their sales numbers, well, I can't tell if that's 'good' for Gamecube standards or not.

And still, that doesn't really excuse the absence of Sylux while the other 5 Hunters have a Spirit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom