• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shammah121

Smash Cadet
Wait, I thought I heard people theorizing that a Style Savvy character was a cut character....or was someone talking about a stage....?

D

Deleted member

Mario was diagnosed with *****
Uh...Alright then.

Welp, since I'm bored and a glutton for punishment,:ultpokemontrainer:vs :ultmewtwo: vs :ultlucario: vs :ultgreninja: vs :ultincineroar: and :ultroy: vs :ultike: vs :ultcorrin: . Face with a massive downsizing of the Smash roster that will affect Pokemon and Fire Emblem the most, which Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters would you keep for the next Smash game and why?
EDIT: To try and make it easier, make your choice assuming the Pokemon lineup will consist of :ultpikachu:, :ultjigglypuff:, *Pokemon Vet of choice* and the Fire Emblem lineup will consist of :ultmarth:, :ultlucina:, *Fire Emblem Vet of Choice*, :ultrobin:for this Smash game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
How do we know Sylux is gonna play a major role in Prime 4? How do we know his role isn't just to be bumped into some lava by a blind Anthony Higgs ten minutes into the game

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A little fun news:

Myrtha has been censored a Ultimate for some reason.

Makes sense that they censored her chest since her cleavage is revealed. Interestingly, they seemingly censored the legs of Myrtha to resemble pants. Take a look!

Before
View attachment 179934
After
View attachment 179936
We talked about it last night. It is un-****ing-canny at how good an edit like this looks. Black compliments her look a lot more than you'd initially think

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Mario Dewar Barrett (born August 27, 1986),[1] known mononymously as Mario, is an American singer, songwriter, actor, record producer and model. He is known for his singles "Just a Friend" (2002) and "Let Me Love You" (2004), which won him two BillboardMusic Awards, as well as for appearing in the films Step Up and Freedom Writers. He has released four studio albums: Mario (2002), Turning Point (2004), Go(2007), and D.N.A. (2009). At the end of the 2000s decade, Mario was ranked #98 by Billboard on their "Artist of the Decade" list.[2]
wha?
huh?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
A little fun news:

Makes sense that they censored her chest since her cleavage is revealed. Interestingly, they seemingly censored the legs of Myrtha to resemble pants. Take a look!

Before
View attachment 179934
After
View attachment 179936
Honestly the Smash design is several magnitudes time better than the original

D

Deleted member

About Friday night: I'm really sorry about that post. :urg: I just need a way to vent those feelings. Does anyone have a better way to do that?

Also I could have said a lot worse than what I said

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Wait, I thought I heard people theorizing that a Style Savvy character was a cut character....or was someone talking about a stage....?
Ring! Dong! Dang!, last I heard, has a blank stage ID associated with it. Couple that with the lack of Style Savvy spirits (until Shop Assistant was found, which is still only representative of the first game) and it got the speculation train rolling. I'm gonna try and keep tabs on the whole thing in the Style Savvy thread.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
A little fun news:

Before
View attachment 179934
After
View attachment 179936
This doesn't completely fix my issues with XC2's character design, but it does go some way.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
A little fun news:

Before
View attachment 179934
After
View attachment 179936
Wait, so it's possible to make a XC2 character look good without focusing on cleavage, uncovered legs, and unrealistic body proportions!?

Who would've guessed?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, so it's possible to make a XC2 character look good without focusing on cleavage, uncovered legs, and unrealistic body proportions!?

Who would've guessed?
Either way, she's still more attractive than most women today :p
Morag is maybe the sole exception to the entire cast of XC2 looking like awkward strippers.
Boi, have you seen the designs from the recent Fire Emblem games?

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Yes, CERO is very strict with stupid irrelevant stuff like this.
Ultimate also has a rating of A over there (basically E), so I'm more inclined to put it on them as well.

We talked about it last night. It is un-****ing-canny at how good an edit like this looks. Black compliments her look a lot more than you'd initially think
It's still a laughably obvious edit; compare to Camilla where they just re-arranged her hair. Not sure why they felt the need to paint her legs black; probably Cero.

Duely noted, but looking at their sales numbers, well, I can't tell if that's 'good' for Gamecube standards or not.

And still, that doesn't really excuse the absence of Sylux while the other 5 Hunters have a Spirit.
I keep seeing people say this and it's wrong. Only Trace and Kanden have Spirits.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

If I knew this is how Mythra would have looked in Smash, I would have been in favor of her inclusion since day one.
It reminds me a lot of the "I fixed Pyra. Hire me, Nintendo" designs which I find really funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom