• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
if any of you guys lewd isabelle in this thread i'm telling jesus
inb4 300 people counter-virtue signal by screeching about "BUT HE NOT REAL" and missing the point of my sass
it's too early for your ego soapboxes

Unfortunately I don't know if Athena Cykes is ever going to be in the game... :urg:
Lol I was gonna say "but she's a fully grown woman so it's fine"

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I'm realizing that I am in the minority in thinking Xenoblade 2 had good, interesting character designs. Oh well, never stopped me before.

On an unrelated note, is it confirmed if unlocking characters in the WoL mode is seperate from unlocking them for the other modes, or does it work like Brawl?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm realizing that I am in the minority in thinking Xenoblade 2 had good, interesting character designs. Oh well, never stopped me before.

On an unrelated note, is it confirmed if unlocking characters in the WoL mode is seperate from unlocking them forthe other modes, or does it work like Brawl?
I'm also part of that minority
and i think it works like Brawl

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Listen, I'm old enough to remember when everyone was calling Sora "Clown Shoes" but at least he has a spunky shonen vibe instead of Rex's weird baby face.

(The designs are not the only thing I don't enjoy about Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I still find the combat lacks crunch or weight, I don't enjoy the protagonist, the story beats lack...but I am enjoying Torna a lot so far, helped I'm sure by the fact that I like the cast a lot more and a lot of it is more streamlined. Still don't like the combat though.)
Also why are they doing anime stuff? Like, was it meant to see as funny?

Flyboy

Smash Hero

On an unrelated note, is it confirmed if unlocking characters in the WoL mode is seperate from unlocking them for the other modes, or does it work like Brawl?
Hey, the whole reason I gave Torna a shot after being wholly Not That Into XC2 to the point that I dropped it was because I love Lora and Jin's designs. Lora and Jin in Smash would be super cool, even if Elma and KOS-MOS are my much preferred Xeno reps.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Dude, you may as well give up while you're ahead. You ain't gonna change this board's collective opinion on Xenoblade 2, or hell really anything they believe as a whole, no matter how hard you try. I learned that the hard way lol.
Still not as bad as another forum I was on (a big reason why I've been a lot more active the past two weeks here was because I got banned... for telling a guy who said "Any new Xenoblade rep pretty much comes down to a woman of color with a unique yet inspired design, or a generic ass RPG hero baby boy who dresses like ****" that he was acting childish and pissy).

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
On King K. Rool being unlocked by Link, I think it might be intended to represent a Hinox from BOTW.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Dude, you may as well give up while you're ahead. You ain't gonna change this board's collective opinion on Xenoblade 2, or hell really anything they believe as a whole, no matter how hard you try. I learned that the hard way lol.
i'm open minded and i intend on trying the game while still thinking the outfits look stupid

and you can't stop me

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Also why are they doing anime stuff? Like, was it meant to see as funny?
I assume you mean the slapstick moments. Yeah, probably. That's the other thing I don't like, it's like they really dialed that stuff up when the Xeno series never really needed that to be funny. Sure, it's always had a strange sense of humor, but oftentimes shonen slapstick cliches have just gotten dull to me.

I feel like overall XC2 was trying to aim for that Shonen audience and while I get it, it's just not for me anymore especially when the gameplay wasn't something I enjoyed either.

D

Deleted member

Also I kinda took your idea for the profile picture. I saw that you changed your picture from Zoe to a Christmas Zoe, so I decided to change mine from Homura to Christmas Homura
Haha, cool

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I assume you mean the slapstick moments. Yeah, probably. That's the other thing I don't like, it's like they really dialed that stuff up when the Xeno series never really needed that to be funny. Sure, it's always had a strange sense of humor, but oftentimes shonen slapstick cliches have just gotten dull to me.

I feel like overall XC2 was trying to aim for that Shonen audience and while I get it, it's just not for me anymore especially when the gameplay wasn't something I enjoyed either.
I tend to call it anime stiff, because that's all it is. Boring jokes that has been done over and over again.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Still not as bad as another forum I was (a big reason why I've been a lot more active the past two weeks here was because I got banned... for telling a guy who said "Any new Xenoblade rep pretty much comes down to a woman of color with a unique yet inspired design, or a generic *** RPG hero baby boy who dresses like ****" that he was acting childish and pissy.
Should've ignored him. He can hate on Rex all he wants, but Sakurai isn't going to choose one character over another just because their design is generic or awful. The fact that Rex got a special segment in the Direct where Sakurai explained why he isn't in Smash should tell us who would be more likely to get in.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Sounds like that would cause a lot of unnecessary licensing issues, not to mention that it'd be one giant mess of completely unrelated content. "Buy Banjo and you'll get a Minecraft stage with all your favorite tracks from Halo!"

If we get a Microsoft character, I expect that character's franchise to be repped and nothing else. We've never gotten "company oriented" content before, and I doubt DLC is the appropriate time for Nintendo to worry about getting the rights for simple things like music and Spirits.
The licensing is already at hand, won't cost any issues.
It's a crowd satisfier, not a single lane drive. Well, Smash wasn't even a thing "before", this massive crossover wasn't a thing "before".. this is a new type of DLC, a new concept no one thought of.. "before" X)

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Should've ignored him. He can hate on Rex all he wants, but Sakurai isn't going to choose one character over another just because their design is generic or awful. The fact that Rex got a special segment in the Direct where Sakurai explained why he isn't in Smash should tell us who would be more likely to get in.
It's a bit of a personal flaw of mine where I have trouble ignoring stuff like that. I've joked among friends that after FEW and Xenoblade 2 they need to expect every Switch game I follow to get embroiled in some dumb controversy or another.

I'm honestly more bothered that the mod sided with him, which pretty much tells me "act like an asshole towards anything as long as you don't directly insult other users"

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
There are fans that love the character and fans that love the character.

most Ive seen are ones that love her, and sadly they are the loudest.

But anyway, about Smash. Is there anything new to talk about since we know everything?
I'm not one to judge what people do with their fictional characters in their personal time, but yeah, I don't think there is much to talk about now, except for the possibility of day one single player modes possibly being added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom