• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beans

Smash Lord
stupid kid always crying cause you lost your mother and watched your brother kill himself like get over it
She would really be good friends with Rydia from FF4

Dude: *watches entire kingdom and love interest die*
Rydia: crybaby

D

Deleted member

This is gonna sound super salty (and it is) but man... if her outfit is gonna be messed up like that, I would rather not have Mythra in Smash and just have Rex/Pyra

I mean not acting like Rex's chances aren't basically dead in the water at this point, this is just a hypothetical, but I don't actually mind the censorship itself. That's really the JP rating boards fault for being so strict, so I can't really blame Nintendo. But... the censorship itself just looks sloppy. It literally looks like one of those half-meme redesigns. I would much rather they just lengthen her skirt or, if they HAVE to give her leggings, make them light gray at least

Then another side of me doesn't even understand why the censorship was necessary in the first place, considering Urbosa wasn't changed, Impa still has her boob window, and whoever this is:
spirits_0_aisya.png
is still allowed and unchanged. Oh and Camilla still has battle panties as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
stupid kid always crying cause you lost your mother and watched your brother kill himself like get over it
I've got the perfect person for this- he LOVES children and will do anything to make them happy.

Incineroar, I choose you!

Wait no what are you--

welp

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

that's the glory of sharing my personal opinion: it doesn't represent yours
glad to hear you're okay with it

im kinda sad that the only thing viridi said about it sounded like she supported him haha
I'd like to be able to run the "viridi is a tsundere" headcanon but her saying Mewtwo should be killed is not even crossing the line, it's jumping over it for several kilometers.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is gonna sound super salty (and it is) but man... if her outfit is gonna be messed up like that, I would rather not have Mythra in Smash and just have Rex/Pyra

I mean not acting like Rex's chances aren't basically dead in the water at this point, this is just a hypothetical, but I don't actually mind the censorship itself. That's really the JP rating boards fault for being so strict, so I can't really blame Nintendo. But... the censorship itself just looks sloppy. It literally looks like one of those half-meme redesigns. I would much rather they just lengthen her skirt or, if they HAVE to give her leggings, make them light gray at least

Then another side of me doesn't even understand why the censorship was necessary in the first place, considering Urbosa wasn't changed, Impa still has her boob window, and whoever this is: View attachment 179958 is still allowed and unchanged. Oh and Camilla still has battle panties as well.
2D art and 3D models are subject to different rules, I guess.

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
Doomguy would have the soundtrack of the original game and Doom 2016.

Joker would have wonderful songs like Rivers, Life Will Change and Last Surprise.

Dante would have Devil Trigger
Based solely on the fact that the main menu is clearly somewhat persona inspired. I think joker would be a cool character that created enough impact worldwide to grab a spot on the roster.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh **** y’all remembered her ****talk
wow.
That only made me hate her more now
was she always this much of a *****?
well...yeah...but she does hate humans and also has a heart
She's just jealous because both got in Smash before her.

Enjoy being a Spirit, Viridi! :)
She doesn’t really seem to care for fighting herself (never does a thing physically in Uprising), only wants to start something and see others in pain until it goes too far for her
Is there like a text page for all of the guidance's?
looks like someone hooked you up quickly...but here’s another link for many of the new ones not heard yet
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77233867
Pretty much
Careful you might anger the resident Kid Icarus fan

but yeah no she's always kind of a *****
it's in her character

which is why i don't particularly like her character but that might be the point lol
Only ****talk about the Boy Pit can trigger Mii

And Viridi can only be loved after her main part of Uprising is done and before she starts becoming more heroic in a way
Oh I see. So people were mad at her for saying that but now they've gotten over it?
well...not anymore now that they remember
Maaaaaan, where were y'all when Viridi put Chrom on blast?
Back then it was ok to roast Chrom, cause even his bff and daughter were doing it
I'd like to be able to run the "viridi is a tsundere" headcanon but her saying Mewtwo should be killed is not even crossing the line, it's jumping over it for several kilometers.
Viridi as a Tsundere is pretty much canon considering her relationship with Pit
I've got the perfect person for this- he LOVES children and will do anything to make them happy.

Incineroar, I choose you!

Wait no what are you--

welp
Incineroar supposed to be good with kid huh

D

Deleted member

Is anyone else hoping for certain characters at least partly because of the stage/music they'd bring with them?
Xenoblade would have a moving titan as the stage.
2B would have the carnival with the eerie music the game is known for.
Kerrigan's stage would literally be a battlefield.
Diablo would have to be demons invading the world of light.
Shantae's music would have to be the "Dance Through the Danger" opening music.
I was waiting for someone to bring this up.
Here you go!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Saying someone should be killed is nothing for her, she nuked two armies in Uprising by herself.

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
It's very strange that Nintendo has to censor their own designs. Xenoblade 2 just came out last year. I guess they really wanted that E10 rating? Ultimately, it's not a big deal, but it's pretty dumb that they have to make all these little concessions in the game--a game that's supposed to be celebrating Nintendo history, no less. Nerfing ZSS's shape, covering up Palutena, altering Mythra's design into something it's never been...kinda weak.

Not sure where to ask this, so I'll just post it here: has there been confirmation yet of players being able to change their names while on the Character Select Screen online? I imagine there hasn't been any online footage at this point, but I'm curious if any of the other modes would hint at this functionality one way or another.

I'm asking basically because I hated how people used this feature online in Smash 4 to talk trash. Honestly made the online less enjoyable to me.

Last edited:

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
Doomguy would have the soundtrack of the original game and Doom 2016.

Joker would have wonderful songs like Rivers, Life Will Change and Last Surprise.

Dante would have Devil Trigger
Based on the fact that the menu for ultimate appears to be heavily inspired by persona I could definitely see joker happening.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Viridi started **** with Lucas, Mewtwo and Isabelle so she's dead to me. None of them deserve to hear her ****ty voice and ****ty opinions.
And this is why I'm not a big fan of the guidances, Viridi is just an irritating little twit.

Codec>Guidance imo, at least all characters Snake talked with were pretty cool people even Slippy was way better than anything Viridi is.

D

Deleted member

And this is why I'm not a big fan of the guidances, Viridi is just an irritating little twit.

Codec>Guidance imo, at least all characters Snake talked with were pretty cool people even Slippy was way better than anything Viridi is.
Turn off the system where you are writing.
This is an order from the La Li Lu Le Lo.

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
Not sure where to ask this, so I'll just post it here: has there been confirmation yet of players being able to change their names while on the Character Select Screen online? I imagine there hasn't been any online footage at this point, but I'm curious if any of the other modes would hint at this functionality one way or another.

I'm asking basically because I hated how people used this feature online in Smash 4 to talk trash. Honestly made the online less enjoyable to me.
I'd be very surprised if they removed this feature.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean, I hate Viridi for saying something so blunt and cruel (although that honestly fits her character well), but the conversation between the three does accurately reflect how Mewtwo is seen in the Pokemon world. Some people see it as an evil monster that needs to be destroyed, while others think it's misunderstood and worth protecting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Waiting for him to mock her back in his Palutena's Guidance but being disappointed because Sakurai is a coward.
This is how it should have been:
*Pit starts Plautena's Guidance against Chrom*
Chrom, smiling: "..."
Viridi: "Don't say it."
Chrom, smiling harder: "..."
Viridi: "Ugh, someone stop him!"
What's weird is that Chrom's Guidance felt more like a Codec than a Guidance, with being more informative than jokey (outside of the Wario thing). Not complaining though, since I really like the Codec style.

But Chrom pretty much got his comeuppance anyway with Robin's Guidance...Pit first addresses Robin as "Chrom's friend," and acts good enough for me. :p

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So then she's a yandere?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

If they remove the ability to play as BOOB in competitive online matches I’m cancelling my pre-order.

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
I like Viridi, but I definitely classify her as more of a villain than a hero. I think Sakurai played favorites with her though, since she's the only character in Kid Icarus Uprising that (Uprising SPOILERS)

you NEVER fight. And that includes Palutena and Pit themselves!

But yeah, her body count is up there with Ganondorf's. On her best days, I'd consider her a neutral ally against a greater threat, but she's pretty brutal.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So then she's a yandere?
No. She doesn't kill to get closer to her senpai or what have you; she's just canonically a genocidal bigot who views anything unnatural as beneath her.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Total shot in the dark here, but...ResetEra?
Serenes' Forest. A Fire Emblem forum that was the first internet forum I joined. Was active for 3.5 years; two arguments over Smash within 48 hours netted me a two week ban. Anything more I feel is going too far off-topic.

2D art and 3D models are subject to different rules, I guess.
Or CERO is just more inconsistent than the ESRB.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Not to call you soft, but I sincerely hope you know that a kid changing his name to U R GAY is the most tame **** talk in all of online gaming

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
They were probably toying around what they'd have to do to have Mythra as a fighter without dealing with the ESRB. Sakarai has talked about the absurdity of having a void underneath a skirt still keeping them from an E rating. The issue isn't the 2D artwork. The issue is the ability to look up the skirt of a 3D model.

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
If they remove the ability to play as BOOB in competitive online matches I’m cancelling my pre-order.
Having silly names is fine, but I'm hoping it works like the 3DS version did, where you can't change it between fights with the same player. I've had enough USPAM, GETGOOD and racial slurs hurled my way after battles to last a lifetime.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Serenes' Forest. A Fire Emblem forum that was the first internet forum I joined. Was active for 3.5 years; two arguments over Smash within 48 hours netted me a two week ban. Anything more I feel is going too far off-topic.

Or CERO is just more inconsistent than the ESRB.
I think its the first actually. With 3D models you need to tone down some stuff or straight up censor cuz of the camera mode.
Still weird that a 2D image of Mythra was altered.

They were probably toying around what they'd have to do to have Mythra as a fighter without dealing with the ESRB. Sakarai has talked about the absurdity of having a void underneath a skirt still keeping them from an E rating. The issue isn't the 2D artwork. The issue is the ability to look up the skirt of a 3D model.
Oh man Palutena's black void is too sexy, cant let kids play the game.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
osby osby and others
Any thoughts on Snake's codecs?
They were really good. Don't get what constantly comparing them to Guidance will accomplish but I'd like to see that returning. Comparing Snake and Pit's reaction to certain fighters would be fun.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Having silly names is fine, but I'm hoping it works like the 3DS version did, where you can't change it between fights with the same player. I had enough USPAM, GETGOOD and racial slurs hurled my way after battles to last a lifetime.
I always loved how some said "urtrash" despite me having a bigger win count by a large margin

Never change For Glory, never change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom