• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Like I've said before and everyone complaining about characters on here regardless of who they are will buy the DLC regardless just to have a complete roster and if you say you won't, you're lying. Nintendo could add Mr. Belch and Glass Joe as fighters and everyone here will eat it up (myself included) regardless. I hated Wii U/3DS DLC character choices (besides Mewtwo) and still bought all the characters eventually.
Naaaah, I only buy the ones I like. This is something that bothers me with DLC Fighters, I love new fighters and all but it sucks when you don't like them because I didn't care for a few of 4's DLC, I never got Roy, Ryu, or Cloud so when I'd have to fight them online I always struggled because I was never able to fight them in the base game so I didn't know how to counter them. Kind of sucks.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
That reddit leak that went into detail about incinaroar and pp mentioned day one update.

Maybe minecraft and porky added as bosses then?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel like his Sora was actually playable, he'd be busted as hell, all those crazy moves he gets in KH2 at would make him really mobile and combo heavy.

Not Vergil in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 powerful, but definitely pretty strong.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Alright y'all, rate my dream DLC Picks

-Slime (DQ)
-Steve (Minecraft)
-Tap Trial Girl (Rhythm Heaven)
-Elma (Xenoblade)
-Katalina (Granblue)

lol... I can see the hate already...
Elma and Kata make it a 10/10 for me, TTG is an amazing bonus and Slime could be fun.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I feel like his Sora was actually playable, he'd be busted as hell, all those crazy moves he gets in KH2 at would make him really mobile and combo heavy.
I thought the same thing about Shulk back in 4 and look how that turned out. Hell, I believed it even more when he was revealed and had all that crazy range and Monado Arts.

D

Deleted member

Bandwagon time. How would you feel about this lineup?

-Chrono
-Sylux
-Doomguy
-Travis
-Banjo
Tried to be at least semi-realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings

Not Vergil in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 powerful, but definitely pretty strong.
I at least am not expecting a 3rd party DLC character to be anything other than top tier after the double-whammy of Cloud and Bayonetta (Ryu's strong, but at least he had some weaknesses and played the same game).

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

If Sora was added in and had KH2 moves then he would sort of fight like this. Minus the actual the stopping the match part. Forward video to 1:28

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Hey, can't be worse than Bayonetta.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright y'all, rate my dream DLC Picks

-Slime (DQ)
-Steve (Minecraft)
-Tap Trial Girl (Rhythm Heaven)
-Elma (Xenoblade)
-Katalina (Granblue)

lol... I can see the hate already...
7/10
-You can probably figure out my opinion on Elma and Katalina. ;)
-Tap Trial Girl is an interesting one. It would be nice for Rhythm Heaven to get a rep. Not betting on it though.
-Slime would probably be the DQ character I'm most accepting towards, so I'm fine w/ that.
-I've talked extensively on Steve before. I'm fine w/ Minecraft getting content, I'm not fine w/ Steve getting in. Wouldn't be surprised if he's in though.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

-Chrono
-Sylux
-Doomguy
-Travis
-Banjo
It has my man Travis so I'm on board.

Mine would be something like

-Zelda rep
-Xenoblade rep
-Travis
-Euden/Katalina
-Geralt

(they all have swords lol)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

-Chrono
-Sylux
-Doomguy
-Travis
-Banjo
Chrono: Y'know, if not Geno, this would be a good Squenix rep I'd be fine with. He's cool, great legacy. Respect.
Sylux: I sleep. He's not that ****ing cool guys lol
Doomguy: If I don't get Dragonborn I'll happily take Doomguy. Just lots and lots of fun. Also blows out the "JAPANESE GAMES ONLY" jackasses.
Travis: Hype actually Travis is ****ing rad. Not a character I really want but one I'd happily take.
Banjo & Kazooie: **** yes. My sleeper want. Nothing but happiness for this pick.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
It has my man Travis so I'm on board.

Mine would be something like

-Zelda rep
-Xenoblade rep
-Travis
-Euden/Katalina
-Geralt

(they all have swords lol)
-Zelda rep would be great (my bias says Impa). Anyone other than the main 3
-If it's Elma, sweet, if it's Rex & Pyra, hard pass
-Meh, sure
-God no, begone Granblue
-A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Nekoo and @TotsBS has Spawn Wave said anything about the second November Direct as of late? It seems like it isn't going to happen.

R.I.P. Spawn Wave?
I don't think any of his sources said anything about the Directs, IIRC. Really all his chips are on The Game Awards with that Metroid Prime Trilogy announcement and possibly a Smash DLC reveal.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't think any of his sources said anything about the Directs, IIRC. Really all his chips are on The Game Awards with that Metroid Prime Trilogy announcement and possibly a Smash DLC reveal.
Whatchu talking about the whole reason I believed anything for like a month about a November Direct was old Spawny.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

Can he end up being our Bayo counter character if he were playable?

Asking out of curiosity!

D

Deleted member

Spirits are such a great concept to me because they allow many more characters to be represented than before. They are superior to Trophies because 1) they aren't exclusive to characters with ingame roles or existing models; 2) they serve a gameplay pirpose so you feel like you're using your faves instead of just having some toy collecting dust somewhere; and most importantly 3) Spirit Battles show an incredible level of care to these characters and their lore.

Sure, it's not perfect, but representation is never 1:1: all the status effects, stages they take place on, character and costume they possess, music that plays, etc. shows the dev team CARED enough about these characters to referemce them with these fun little battles.

And also, this is how you take the concept of this being a kid playing with toys to its extreme, you give the child imagination.
This kid may not have a Sigma toy, but they can pretend this Ganondorf they do have is him.
I remember pretending toys I had were things other than they actually were, it's not such an alien concept to play pretend and, honestly, I love it. In a way, it ends up feeling nostalgic.
Sure, the Ganondorfs are a line of succession or predecessor type thing, but it's still a fighter.
Ganondorf/Ganon is the same person across all games(except for FSA where that's Ganondorf II) just with different designs. Which is why a DLC fighter with an existing Spirit just needs a different artworl for their Fighter Spirit and blam.
I mean, when you have **** like this
DsZZNxtWkAAVg8J.jpeg

I find it hard to take the argument that it wouldn't make sense for a fighter to equip their own Spirit seriously.
"Oh but it's KAPTAIN K.Rool, not KING K.Rool"
Well yeah, that ain't gonna be Geno equipping Geno either, it's gonna be Geno equipping his brother, "slightly looking left" Geno

Last edited by a moderator:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
My dream DLC picks:

Impa (Hyrule Warriors design) or any LoZ rep really
Banjo-Kazooie
Bandana Waddle Dee
Demi-Fiend or Joker (Incorporating Jack Frost and other demons into their moves)
Rayman

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Spirits are such a great concept to me because they allow many more characters to be represented than before. They are superior to Trophies because 1) they aren't exclusive to characters with ingame roles or existing models; 2) they serve a gameplay pirpose so you feel like you're using your faves instead of just having some toy collecting dust somewhere; and most importantly 3) Spirit Battles show an incredible level of care to these characters and their lore.

Sure, it's not perfect, but representation is never 1:1: all the status effects, stages they take place on, character and costume they possess, music that plays, etc. shows the dev team CARED enough about these characters to referemce them with these fun little battles.

And also, this is how you take the concept of this being a kid playing with toys to its extreme, you give the child imagination.
This kid may not have a Sigma toy, but they can pretend this Ganondorf they do have is him.
I remember pretending toys I had were things other than they actually were, it's not such an alien concept to play pretend and, honestly, I love it. In a way, it ends up feeling nostalgic.

Ganondorf/Ganon is the same person across all games(except for FSA where that's Ganondorf II) just with different designs. Which is why a DLC fighter with an existing Spirit just needs a different artworl for their Fighter Spirit and blam.
I mean, when you have **** like this
View attachment 179786
I find it hard to take the argument that it wouldn't make sense for a fighter to equip their own Spirit seriously.
"Oh but it's KAPTAIN K.Rool, not KING K.Rool"
Well yeah, that ain't gonna be Geno equipping Geno either, it's gonna be Geno equipping his brither, "slightly looking left" Geno
We all know the good Kaptain isn't the same person as the good King

Those are two totally different occupations.

D

Deleted member

Wait so the Sigma spirit possesses the Ganon boss? That’s rad as ****. Giving my man proper respect

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Question.

Do you think Twintelle is becoming the Morrigan of ARMS?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Thoughts about this DLC pack:

1. Geno
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Katalina
4. Dragonborn
5. Bandana Dee

Been repping Steve for months so I'll be advocating for B&K a bit more as I was way too unhesitant to get on the "STEVE CONFIRMED" train.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
All right, since we're all doing this...

My optimal DLC pass would be:

-Edelgard
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Elma or KOS-MOS
-Impa
-Banjo-Kazooie

And let's throw in Agnes as an alternate choice, since I completely forgot about a Square rep.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom