• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
At least they had the brains to change Robin's Guidance conversation...

Let's just say it originally claimed that Chrom was a carbon copy of Ike...
That wouldn't have aged well at all
Okay folks, last post on the subject. Just tagging @papagenos since I know he's been following the breadcrumbs here.

1. As far as I know, Ring! Dong! Dang! still has that supposed tie to a blank stage ID. It could mean cut stage, DLC stage, or neither.

2. The Spirits images are all available now. You can click here for them but be careful, MAJOR SPOILERS.

3. One of the Spirits is named Shop Assistant, and that is the box art girl from the original Style Savvy.

4. There are three Style Savvy songs in the game - one original and one remix, both returning from Smash 4, that appeared in Style Savvy Trendsetters for 3DS, and one new one from Style Savvy: Shining Star (the aforementioned Ring! Dong! Dang!)

5. Despite that, the only Style Savvy spirit is the shop assistant. No characters from Trendsetters, Fashion Forward, or Shining Star appear.

In the end, I don't really think the stage data thing means much. This seems to be the end for those hoping for Style Savvy rep, but hey, we got a Spirit and three songs, so that's cool! And if you've enjoyed following my adventure, hit up the Style Savvy thread (which has been enjoying a nice boost in popularity recently.)

And on a fun side note for me, I called it!

Ryota Hayami represents Wave Race while Akari Hayami represents 1080 Snowboarding. Super cool. I'm gonna go try and find a copy of 1080 Avalanche to celebrate.
I’m abusing the **** out of Amazon Pandora

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The weird thing about K. Rool's counter is that I could SWEAR it was shown in a Tip in a stream, and it was called Gut Check...but SmashWiki has it listed as Stomach Attack. Am I imagining this?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
There was a move in the TCG for Pikachu with that name.

That's why I said "any" source material.
Though I may need to look in the TCG for Incineroar now to see if maybe "Alolan Whip" is present.

No pelvic thrusts of fire. :V
I just checked. No he doesn't.

Also there was an attack called"god-damm punch". Very sad that didn't make it in.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Oh another boss ending for classic mode

Luigi got dracula

https://youtu.be/R3OflKJTpgE

Makes perfect sense since he’s hunting spirits in the mansion

And Dracula gets multiple phases and not like bowser and ganondorf

Shame he doesn’t do “it can’t be aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah” after you beat him but that’s smash for ya
I still don't get how Simon, the OG video game vampire killer, doesn't get Dracula as a boss.
giphy.gif

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
The weird thing about K. Rool's counter is that I could SWEAR it was shown in a Tip in a stream, and it was called Gut Check...but SmashWiki has it listed as Stomach Attack. Am I imagining this?
Stomach Attack comes from the K. Rool post on the Smash Blog way back in August. It might have ended up being changed in localization, Gut Check definetley sounds like something NoA would use.

Roberk

Smash Champion
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EhnFjTRYSZe0tCQcOGkbtJ6oMileI8Mh

Ok so the young Alm and Celica we've seen in official promotional material

evolves into the standard Alm and Celica from SoV.

It could really go either way, with Celica not getting her own Spirit but obviously being present in the game. It's not like a Wii Fit Trainer pose or Kaptain K. Rool, this is her official character art and signature pose.

I'm still optimistic about Celica because she'd be a great addition and we need another chance to get Twilight of the Gods in this game but I wouldn't be shocked if these Spirits are all that account for her representation and she didn't make it in.

Edit: Ok actually heck Smashboards image sharing, wth. Y'all get the point.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EhnFjTRYSZe0tCQcOGkbtJ6oMileI8Mh

Ok so the young Alm and Celica we've seen in official promotional material

evolves into the standard Alm and Celica from SoV.

It could really go either way, with Celica not getting her own Spirit but obviously being present in the game. It's not like a Wii Fit Trainer pose or Kaptain K. Rool, this is her official character art and signature pose.

I'm still optimistic about Celica because she'd be a great addition and we need another chance to get Twilight of the Gods in this game but I wouldn't be shocked if these Spirits are all that account for her representation and she didn't make it in.
Plot Twist: We get Celica, but it's that awful Awakening design.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Plot Twist: We get Celica, but it's that awful Awakening design.
Off-brand Pyra?

Y I K E S

(Please for the love of god no one post it, it actually looks terrible and insulting to Celica.)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
OH MY GOD SOMEONE BEAT WOL
MAAAAAAJOR SPOILERS
No, seriously! MAJOR ****
YOU GET TO PLAY. AS MASTER HAND IN WOL.
Master Hand as THE Secret Character confirmed.

So this totals in 83 playable characters then if you count DLC.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yeah but they’re random so knowing my luck the characters I want most will be my last unlocks lol
I think it makes more sense for it to be random, since a lot of people will want to play the newest characters, and if it's not random then they'd be at the final ones to unlock. My main is Isabelle so I'm glad it's random

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Yeah, his counter is called ‘Gut Check’.

This info was pretty recent though, so they need to update it a bit.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think it makes more sense for it to be random, since a lot of people will want to play the newest characters, and if it's not random then they'd be at the final ones to unlock. My main is Isabelle so I'm glad it's random
It’s nothing against the random unlocks. I’m just expecting the worst for my most wanted.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
MAAAAAAJOR SPOILERS
So everyone is actually here...

I thought they forgot that Master Hand was playable in Melee

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
MAAAAAAJOR SPOILERS
What the....

do you have footage of this. Could a secret mode be playing as the bosses?

You better not be trolling

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom